Log In Sign Up

Using Guns as a prop in dance


Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #41  
February 26th, 2012, 06:41 PM
tiredmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,987
*cough* cough* photoshop*
__________________
I’m Sarah (39), wife to Chris (40), mom to three boys (age 0, 3 and 5)
Reply With Quote
  #42  
February 26th, 2012, 06:56 PM
*Leslie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,083
Send a message via AIM to *Leslie* Send a message via Yahoo to *Leslie*
You can't be serious in thinking that those are unedited. Those are NOT straight off of the camera pictures, not one of them.

I repeat, I DO NOT EVEN CARE THAT THEY ARE EDITED, but at least own it. I edit my girls' photos, I've said this three times now. I am not saying anything is wrong with it. I just find it funny that people make a big deal about what TV, dance, pageants, etc. tell our girls when I think WE tell them the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaLexi View Post
Maybe you shouldn't jump to any conclusions. The picture on the right in my siggy has not been altered. The siggy maker did not enhance it. It is a professional photo that was taken with a fancy schmancy camera, outside. The combination of the camera and the sun is what makes her face look so bright and her eyes shiny. The only way the photo was altered by the photographer was that she used the "soften" feature on the entire picture. Her skin was not altered in any way. So, check your facts before you jump on someone.
The soften feature DOES alter the skin. There was probably some cloning and healing brush in there too. And the sun did not make her eyes look like that, a dodge and burn tool did, likely with a few other additions as well. The crumb still being there was probably an oversight on the photog's part. My mom uses a $2,600 camera and trust me, the photos don't come out looking like that.
__________________

<3 August 1st, 2013
<3 November 21st, 2013
<3 October, 19th 2014




Last edited by *Leslie*; February 26th, 2012 at 07:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
February 26th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Hey... Where's Perry?'s Avatar Darnit face
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,134
And nobody was saying your kid isn't pretty. We're saying that her face has been photoshopped to look flawless and enhanced.

My kid had professional baby pics taken and they softened his skin and removed his "angel kiss" red mark between his eyebrows. I didn't like it because it wasn't him. He didn't look like himself. It just wasn't natural.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
February 26th, 2012, 07:33 PM
MommaLexi's Avatar Adoptive and Foster Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The Desert ;)
Posts: 587
The preview she sent me on FB looks like the photo I just posted. The only difference is the final has that soft thing done to it. She may have edited it before she sent me the original, I just don't see why she would edit one beforehand and not the rest? My daughter doesn't have any marks on her face to cover up, she doesn't look fake at all in those pics because I know what she looks like in real life.

ETA: I know no one said my daughter wasn't pretty, that was just a sarcastic comment. And I know it's no big deal that it's slightly edited. The only reason I even argued about it is because of the insenuation that I'm sending my daughter a bad message by displaying a picture where a softening feature(or in your opinion, more) has been used. The softening is all I'm aware of that was done to the picture, and I myself did nothing to it. My daughter is perfect in every way. Her feet with only 4 toes are perfect. Her mis-shapen ears are perfect. Her big clunky hearing aids are perfect. Her feeding tube is perfect. No photoshop needed.

These were taken by my Mom, never been run through any photo program. This is just her face.
__________________




FD ~ Squishy, 8mos old, Down Syndrome, Heart Disease (post open-heart surgery)

Last edited by MommaLexi; February 27th, 2012 at 11:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
February 26th, 2012, 09:00 PM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 26,600
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
Those photos are HEAVILY altered. Photos rarely (almost never) look that good coming out of the camera. Why do you think that photographers charge so much? It's because they spend HOURS in photo shop fixing photos.

My brother's a photographer, and before he got his degree he used to think that photographers were sooooo awesome. Now he'll tell you that they're still awesome, but it's part camera and part Photoshop awesomeness. Someone with out Photoshop skills, most likely will not go as far with out finding someone to edit them for them.. because people see those types of pictures and want them.

I know a lot of people who could not cut it in the private photography world because they have no photoshop skills even with courses. Heck, even the Walmart and Sears Portrait studios where I've been do photo altering. lol.
__________________
~TTC #1 together 2 years and counting ~


Awesome siggy made by Jaidynsmum

Me: Hashi's, PCOS, Insulin resistant, Multiple miscarriages
Polypectomy - 08/21/14 Laproscopy - 12/05/2014
Him: MFI low count, low morphology, low motillity
Seeing MFI specialist/RE in 2015. Vitamins started August 2nd
Cycle 1: Clomid cd3-7 ~ bfn
Cycle 2: Clomid cd 3-7 ~ beta negative (< 3)
Cycle 3: Lap on cd 2 - Femara cd 3-7 - Testing Christmas Day
Reply With Quote
  #46  
February 27th, 2012, 10:53 AM
BittyBugsMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,317
Well this debate certainly took an unusual turn.... lexi, i think your daughter's eyes are gorgeous :-)
MommaLexi likes this.
__________________
~Alicia~
Reply With Quote
  #47  
February 27th, 2012, 01:49 PM
*Leslie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,083
Send a message via AIM to *Leslie* Send a message via Yahoo to *Leslie*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BittyBugsMama View Post
Well this debate certainly took an unusual turn.... lexi, i think your daughter's eyes are gorgeous :-)
Oh good god. Go ahead and make it about something it's not.
No one said her daughter wasn't gorgeous or that her eyes weren't pretty.
__________________

<3 August 1st, 2013
<3 November 21st, 2013
<3 October, 19th 2014



Reply With Quote
  #48  
February 27th, 2012, 08:21 PM
BittyBugsMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliek0211 View Post
Oh good god. Go ahead and make it about something it's not.
No one said her daughter wasn't gorgeous or that her eyes weren't pretty.
Eyeroll icon, super mature. I do think her daughter's eyes are gorgeous, I wasn't speaking to what anyone else said so maybe you need to take a bit of your own advice.
__________________
~Alicia~
Reply With Quote
  #49  
February 27th, 2012, 11:11 PM
MommaLexi's Avatar Adoptive and Foster Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The Desert ;)
Posts: 587
Wow, you seem to read way too far into what people say.

I see you have nothing to say after I posted un-altered pics of her. Gee, did I perhaps actually know what I was talking about when I said the original picture is barely edited? You mean I actually know what my daughter looks like more than you? Yay! Now that I have your silent approval I can finally move on with my life
__________________




FD ~ Squishy, 8mos old, Down Syndrome, Heart Disease (post open-heart surgery)
Reply With Quote
  #50  
February 28th, 2012, 06:51 AM
*Leslie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,083
Send a message via AIM to *Leslie* Send a message via Yahoo to *Leslie*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BittyBugsMama View Post
Eyeroll icon, super mature. I do think her daughter's eyes are gorgeous, I wasn't speaking to what anyone else said so maybe you need to take a bit of your own advice.
Oh, come on Alicia. Don't play the innocent comment card here. You were being snarky and you know it. At least when I'm being a ***** I own it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaLexi View Post
Wow, you seem to read way too far into what people say.

I see you have nothing to say after I posted un-altered pics of her. Gee, did I perhaps actually know what I was talking about when I said the original picture is barely edited? You mean I actually know what my daughter looks like more than you? Yay! Now that I have your silent approval I can finally move on with my life
I can't see the photos anymore and I just glanced at them yesterday. I do remember that they were super overexposed, which gives the impression of flawless skin all in itself, because of the way the high light is hitting it.
If you think the first set of photos you posted are unedited, then think what you want, but I think the vast majority of people would agree that those are heavily altered. Sure, she may have beautiful features, but almost all professional pics are enhanced.

You know nothing about what I am reading into. Some people have been around here a long time, and know other people's personalities. I don't have to read into anything.
__________________

<3 August 1st, 2013
<3 November 21st, 2013
<3 October, 19th 2014




Last edited by *Leslie*; February 28th, 2012 at 06:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
February 28th, 2012, 07:12 AM
BittyBugsMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliek0211 View Post
Oh, come on Alicia. Don't play the innocent comment card here. You were being snarky and you know it. At least when I'm being a ***** I own it.


I can't see the photos anymore and I just glanced at them yesterday. I do remember that they were super overexposed, which gives the impression of flawless skin all in itself, because of the way the high light is hitting it.
If you think the first set of photos you posted are unedited, then think what you want, but I think the vast majority of people would agree that those are heavily altered. Sure, she may have beautiful features, but almost all professional pics are enhanced.

You know nothing about what I am reading into. Some people have been around here a long time, and know other people's personalities. I don't have to read into anything.
I know this will probably come as a shock to you, but not everything said in the world revolves around you. My comment had absolutely nothing to do with what you or anyone else said. Passive aggressive was never my style and since you "know my personality so well", you should already know that.
__________________
~Alicia~
Reply With Quote
  #52  
February 28th, 2012, 08:04 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,499
What a crock of bull
__________________

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11



Reply With Quote
  #53  
February 28th, 2012, 08:18 AM
*Leslie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,083
Send a message via AIM to *Leslie* Send a message via Yahoo to *Leslie*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BittyBugsMama View Post
I know this will probably come as a shock to you, but not everything said in the world revolves around you. My comment had absolutely nothing to do with what you or anyone else said. Passive aggressive was never my style and since you "know my personality so well", you should already know that.
What!! The world doesn't revolve around me?! ****, and all these years I thought it did! Thanks for providing me with that insight, Alicia.
K.A.T likes this.
__________________

<3 August 1st, 2013
<3 November 21st, 2013
<3 October, 19th 2014



Reply With Quote
  #54  
February 28th, 2012, 08:27 AM
BittyBugsMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.A.T View Post
What a crock of bull
What possible reason would I have to lie about it? Is life really that boring for you guys that you need to take a simple compliment and turn it into drama?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliek0211 View Post
What!! The world doesn't revolve around me?! ****, and all these years I thought it did! Thanks for providing me with that insight, Alicia.
You are welcome
__________________
~Alicia~
Reply With Quote
  #55  
February 28th, 2012, 08:39 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,499
Alicia, really, anyone who has been posting with you long enough knows that you, just like most others around here, will make a passive aggressive remark. We're on JM, a place where we need to behave. So our true tell em to f off if we want to personality gets held back. Don't play like you're above all of it, cause you're not.
__________________

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11



Reply With Quote
  #56  
February 28th, 2012, 09:01 AM
BittyBugsMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.A.T View Post
Alicia, really, anyone who has been posting with you long enough knows that you, just like most others around here, will make a passive aggressive remark. We're on JM, a place where we need to behave. So our true tell em to f off if we want to personality gets held back. Don't play like you're above all of it, cause you're not.
You can concoct all the paranoid disillusions you and the rest of them want to, it wasn't a snarky comment and it wasn't passive aggressive. I was complimenting someone on the beauty of her daughter's eyes which became the focus of this debate. I'm not acting like I'm above anything but I'm not going to say I was doing something I wasn't just because the peanut gallery has decided that what I said couldn't possibly have been a genuine compliment. Ironic that I'm being told not to act like I'm above it all by you when you and your group of friends are the ones who have perfected that style of "debating" around here. So go pat yourselves on the backs because you "caught" me, lord knows the group of you only believe whatever insanity you manage to come up with to create drama.
__________________
~Alicia~
Reply With Quote
  #57  
February 28th, 2012, 09:20 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,499
Oh how I loved being a paranoid disillusioned person. It really makes my world go round. Now I'll go give myself that pat on the back. But one more thing before I go do that. Guess what Alicia, you're just as black as that kettle. Adios
__________________

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11



Reply With Quote
  #58  
February 28th, 2012, 10:27 AM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Near Washington, DC
Posts: 15,982
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
I'm drinking tea.
K.A.T likes this.
__________________
I predict a riot.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
February 28th, 2012, 10:45 AM
*Leslie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,083
Send a message via AIM to *Leslie* Send a message via Yahoo to *Leslie*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BittyBugsMama View Post
You can concoct all the paranoid disillusions you and the rest of them want to, it wasn't a snarky comment and it wasn't passive aggressive. I was complimenting someone on the beauty of her daughter's eyes which became the focus of this debate. I'm not acting like I'm above anything but I'm not going to say I was doing something I wasn't just because the peanut gallery has decided that what I said couldn't possibly have been a genuine compliment. Ironic that I'm being told not to act like I'm above it all by you when you and your group of friends are the ones who have perfected that style of "debating" around here. So go pat yourselves on the backs because you "caught" me, lord knows the group of you only believe whatever insanity you manage to come up with to create drama.

Paranoid disillusion? What does that even mean?
You are the one who brought yourself into this with your little "If it makes you feel any better, I don't know what she's talking about either" comment. I'm just calling a spade, a spade. I honestly don't think you possess a whole lot of the "genuine" gene anyways, so I will take anything you say however I want to because we both know your comments were meant to be a dig at me and others discussing the photoshopped pictures. But, you wanted to jump in and be the nice savior and you won at that. We are big meanie heads and you are sweet little Alicia playing innocent.
__________________

<3 August 1st, 2013
<3 November 21st, 2013
<3 October, 19th 2014



Reply With Quote
  #60  
February 28th, 2012, 11:00 AM
BittyBugsMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliek0211 View Post

Paranoid disillusion? What does that even mean?
You are the one who brought yourself into this with your little "If it makes you feel any better, I don't know what she's talking about either" comment. I'm just calling a spade, a spade. I honestly don't think you possess a whole lot of the "genuine" gene anyways, so I will take anything you say however I want to because we both know your comments were meant to be a dig at me and others discussing the photoshopped pictures. But, you wanted to jump in and be the nice savior and you won at that. We are big meanie heads and you are sweet little Alicia playing innocent.
I wasn't the only one confused by your comment. I guess Frackel and I are conspiring together to prove that you are a big bad meanie. Not surprised you can't recognize a genuine compliment, how very sad for you. And the whole rant that you just posted proves that you think its all about you when in fact, it has absolutely nothing to do with you. I'm not trying to be anyone's savior and I didn't say anything that I would need to play innocent about. You should probably go back and chat it up with all your gal pals and they can all reassure you that your craziness is justified.
__________________
~Alicia~
Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:42 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0