Using other peoples kids pictures for tickers/siggies

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree154Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2012, 07:46 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Yeah it's all gang up on Lynn thread. Please! You're making sweeping generalizing statements. It like you just can't get it through your head that even if BM is alive and in the child's life that situations still can't be different. When you can sit back and acknowledge that, then I'll listen. Till then cry me a darn river over ganging up on you. Choose your words more carefully and then maybe it wouldn't happen. Don't be insulting to a group of people then play the "victim"card.
Tammyjh, Fluffy Baby and plan4fate like this.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

March 16th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Keepin' it real!
^Again, re read my post. You are ASSuming again. Kind of ridiculous, if you ask me. No one's playing a "victim" that's your words, not mine.

1 Girl 2011 and 1 Boy 2013. Their family is COMPLETE!

Surrogacy # 3 for new family?: 2014??
March 17th, 2012, 06:18 AM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLynn View Post
I wish people read EVERYTHING so they would see these things instead of attacking me and assuming I mean something else. Oh well.
We did read what you wrote because many of us quoted you in our responses. Responding to your statements is not "attacking".
K.A.T likes this.

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural
March 17th, 2012, 09:40 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Sorry the only Donkey BEHIND is you in this case, not me. Maybe you need to reread and stop back tracking by saying I was being "sarcastic." Here's a clue sarcasm can be insulting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLynn View Post
Re-read my statement. It was sarcastic.

I also addressed the stepparents that are more of parents than their own parents in previous posts. I addressed adopting/step-parent adopting and compared two people I know (including my actual sister who is a mom because she adopted her stepchild).

I don't have a problem with those situations. What I was having an issue with this stuff was when the mother is alive/well/actually being a parent, which I wish people read EVERYTHING so they would see these things instead of attacking me and assuming I mean something else. Oh well.
If the bolded isn't playing victim, then we're all a bunch of morons. And I know that is not the case.
plan4fate likes this.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

March 25th, 2012, 03:45 AM
RedRose_xo's Avatar Veteran
I don't have step children but I wouldn't do it without the consent of the childs mom and dad. I think doing it without permission is disrespectful. I think its perfectly fine so long as the parents are ok with it, though.

March 25th, 2012, 05:33 PM
I have a lot of stepkids. I call them my stepkids. My adopted kids are my kids legally, so I call them my kids.
April 10th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Veteran
My DH is the step-dad in this situation (he has no bio kids, so I'm not a stepmom). He refers to the kids as "our kids", even though their bio dad is in the picture. I have had residential custody since my divorce from my ex in 2003. My ex lives 2 1/2 hours away, so there's no first right of refusal in our decree...would never work. My ex loves the kids, spends every other weekend with them, plus 6 weeks in the summer and rotates holidays with us, and we work together for as much extra time as he can take. My DH and I have been married nearly 4 years and he is there daily for the kids, doing everything a Dad does. Should he have to refer to them, when introducing them to people as "my step-kids"? I don't think so, neither does he. He always says "These are my kids and this is my wife." My ex likes my DH-they get along, and he has no problem with DH calling them his kids. He knows how much my DH does for them and has thanked him. My DD (who is 12) calls my DH "SuperDad". My DS always says "this is my other Dad J" when he introduces him to someone.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~Mark Twain

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search