opinions?

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By glasscandie
  • 1 Post By MindyRambo
  • 1 Post By Frackel
  • 3 Post By *Leslie*
  • 2 Post By glasscandie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2012, 06:56 PM
I know this is the wrong thread, let alone wrong site. But a friend of mine recommended you girls to talk to, because everyone gives great advice and actually replies

What does it mean when your boyfriend tells you that you are lovable? i know what lovable means, i just dont know if that was his way of saying he loves me??

we havent told each other 'i love you' yet and i really want to tell him. I dont question how i feel. but i just dont know if its the right time. Of course there is never a good time for anything really. but my fear, rejection. i know he really cares about me and how he feels complete with me. But i am scared to say i love you.

we havent been together for very long but it feels like we have been together for much longer.

any advice or tips? anything??
March 4th, 2012, 03:50 AM
MindyRambo's Avatar Super Mommy
Well you are right about this not being exactly the right board, however as long as you can handle putting your situation out there and the replies that come with it, it's all good.

I would say any guy saying you are lovable is at least using it as a term of endearment and since it's like pulling teeth sometimes to get them to talk, I'd say he cares for you deeply at the very least.

I don't know if he loves you, because no one can answer that but him.

I would suggest not saying the words until you feel them deep down inside to your core, but that is pretty obvious

How long have you been together?

You think the only people who are people, are the people who look and think like you, but if you walk the footsteps of stranger, you'll learn things you knew... you never knew.
March 4th, 2012, 07:54 AM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
I'm a professional photographer, not a psychic. I have no idea.
Tammyjh likes this.
March 4th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Hey... Where's Perry?'s Avatar Darnit face
It means he doesn't love you.
March 4th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
A friend recommended that you post this question in a debate forum, a 20 something forum, and an Am I Pregnant forum?

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural
March 4th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Loving someone is how babies are made. It's a legit concern, for that last one she posted in.
March 4th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammyjh View Post
A friend recommended that you post this question in a debate forum, a 20 something forum, and an Am I Pregnant forum?
um no. a friend recomended this website. i wanted to get various opinions. so if that means asking on different forums... then ill ask. not everyone replies, thats part of why i posted on different threads.
March 4th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindyRambo View Post
Well you are right about this not being exactly the right board, however as long as you can handle putting your situation out there and the replies that come with it, it's all good.

I would say any guy saying you are lovable is at least using it as a term of endearment and since it's like pulling teeth sometimes to get them to talk, I'd say he cares for you deeply at the very least.

I don't know if he loves you, because no one can answer that but him.

I would suggest not saying the words until you feel them deep down inside to your core, but that is pretty obvious

thanks, i can handle various replies. even though some might not be an appropriate answer (appropriate as in related to what i had posted)

i understand no one can answer that if his comment indicates ' i love you' but i have never had anyone tell me i am lovable.

I do deeply love him and care about him
March 4th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Hey... Where's Perry?'s Avatar Darnit face
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
thanks, i can handle various replies. even though some might not be an appropriate answer (appropriate as in related to what i had posted)

i understand no one can answer that if his comment indicates ' i love you' but i have never had anyone tell me i am lovable.

I do deeply love him and care about him
My answer was relevant to what you had said. I guess you just didn't like it
March 4th, 2012, 11:51 AM
MindyRambo's Avatar Super Mommy
That is great.

This is however a debate board, so I'm sure you can understand why some of the replies might be what you deem inapropriate.
teddybear likes this.

You think the only people who are people, are the people who look and think like you, but if you walk the footsteps of stranger, you'll learn things you knew... you never knew.
March 4th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
I don't really have much of an opinion on his lovable comment, because it's pretty self explanatory. It shouldn't need explaining.

My advice on the rest......

Try asking him how he feels. I know, odd concept, actually communicating with one another. But I promise, it does work. Even if he doesn't share your feelings, you'll never know if you don't actually talk about it, openly.
If it's not something the two of you can discuss openly with one another, it's entirely likely neither one of you is ready to "love" anyone in that capacity.

You need to figure out your own fear of rejection(which isn't really a unique feeling, no one openly welcomes rejection). No one can really help you figure that out, no matter how hard they try.

There is no "wrong" time to tell someone you love them. Even if the feelings aren't mutual. That is, assuming you actually love them, not just the idea of them, or the feelings you get when with them. Because that's not love. It might fall under the guise of lust-along with all sorts of other emotions, but it's certainly not love for another person.

But you need to open up lines of communication, and keep them open. That's the only way to know where your relationship stands. No one can help you with that, other than him. It shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks. We're not the ones you want a relationship with.
teddybear likes this.
March 6th, 2012, 05:46 AM
*Leslie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Leslie* Send a message via Yahoo to *Leslie*
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffycheeks View Post
This is the second time someone has asked. I'm assuming the answer is somewhere around a week since this is probably a 15 year old girl from England being a troll.

March 15th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Cereal Killer's Avatar I'm climbin' in yo window
Are his pants on or off when he says you are loveable?

March 15th, 2012, 06:12 PM
*Leslie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Leslie* Send a message via Yahoo to *Leslie*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer View Post
Are his pants on or off when he says you are loveable?
If they weren't off when he said it, she should definitely take them off. The power of the ***** would take it from loveable to full blown love in 2 seconds flat.

March 19th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
I think he's trying to be cute and that he likes you. Depending on your age, you can respond in several ways:

Teenager: Relationships that last at this age have been steadily declining. It's becoming more rare these days people who marry their high school sweethearts. Smile and have fun with him, but he probably isn't in love with you.

Twenties: Since you two haven't been dating long, it's time to start asking him about his views on marriage, family life, and finances (is he a saver or a spender, not how much he makes). If this isn't compatible with your own beliefs, or if say, you're a spender and so is he, it's probably time to take the compliment of loveable for a nice thing to say and move on. If he is compatible with you, find out if you're compatible with him. Then you can figure out if he's worthy of your love.

Thirties: All that, but much more quickly. (just kidding, you can still take your time, but don't waste your time).

Just my two cents.

My Boring Blog
March 19th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Finding a guy is like finding a job. I think they should all come with cover letters.
WineKeepsMeSane and GSLynn like this.
April 14th, 2012, 09:12 AM
*Dayna*'s Avatar Aussie Mama
Who knows what he's thinking. Maybe he's saying it to see your response...no clue.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search