Treyvon Martin Situation

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree39Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 14th, 2012, 12:09 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Depends on who you ask. The shooter says yes the young man was, witnesses say no he wasn't.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

April 14th, 2012, 12:10 PM
*Dayna*'s Avatar Aussie Mama
Either way it's a tragedy.

I am sick of seeing the 'funny' things about it online. Reddit mostly.
April 14th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Dayna* View Post
I have only heard bits and pieces of this story.

Was the young man who was killed 'beating' on the guy who killed him?
Zimmerman, some witnesses say Trayvon was beating Zimmerman. Some witnesses say it was the other way around.

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural
April 14th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammyjh View Post
Zimmerman, some witnesses say Trayvon was beating Zimmerman. Some witnesses say it was the other way around.
It's a shame there weren't any cameras.
April 14th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, that is what we need, more cameras in our Big Brother society.

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

April 14th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
I'm surprised no one in the gated community had any too, to be honest.
A lot of gated communities you find here, have cameras all over the dang place(both privately and personally owned ones).

But I don't live anywhere near a gated community. The closest thing to a camera near me is the fake one on my garage that spooks the hoodlums next door so they stop messing with crap on other people's lawns and in mailboxes.
April 14th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Baby View Post
Yes, that is what we need, more cameras in our Big Brother society.
Well then they would all know the truth wouldn't they?
April 16th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't like giving up privacy for "truth".

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

April 20th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Cereal Killer's Avatar I'm climbin' in yo window
Photo Of Zimmerman's Bloodied Head Released

Photos show Zimmerman's bloody head, moments after the shooting. Thoughts?

April 20th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
My thoughts haven't much changed, on a whole. It shows me is that the back of his head was either hit, or hit something. If we add in what he's said, or rather part of what he's said, because I'm still not inclined to believe the man fully. Then it would be evidence that a struggle/fight of some sort took place. It doesn't tell me what kind of struggle. It doesn't tell me the boy started it. It doesn't tell me it was a life and death struggle. It also doesn't tell me that the fight warranted a close ranged shot. It doesn't really tell me a whole lot. It simply supports a small part of what he's said-that there was some kind of struggle.
It's nice they're actually presenting some sort of evidence now, or rather presenting it for public view anyway.

I do have to admit I am being extremely cynical when I say I'm not so sure those two cuts are as bad as they were being talked about. Not that they couldn't possibly hurt, or didn't feel worse, or something. They just sometimes look way worse than they really are/were.(and no I'm not saying he did it to himself or something, lol)
The head can bleed tremendously, and can do so quickly at that. Would take very little blood to look like that. When ds hit his forehead on a door hinge it put a hole in his forehead and it was bleeding hella bad. It looked like he got the crap beat out of him, actually. But it didn't look miraculously better only hours later.

My opinions on the case, what he did, how he went about it, remain the same still though. Why didn't they show us pics of the front of his head? If they were in some life or death struggle, that would likely be extremely damaged.
April 20th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Cereal Killer's Avatar I'm climbin' in yo window
Why would his face be messed up if the BACK of his head were being hit on the ground?

You seem to have completely made up your mind that Zimmerman is completely guilty and Martin was completely innocent, given your obvious refusal to consider any other scenario than the story construed by the media. Which is funny, considering that more and more of the media's version is debunked as the story moves along. First, the pics they showed of Travyon were 5+ years old. The claim that Zimmerman used racial slurs on the 911 call were found to be untrue. They said that pictures showed NO injuries on his head when he was taken to the police station and now these have surfaced.
Despite all of that, you are going to buy what the media feeds you, hook, line and sinker.

April 20th, 2012, 01:06 PM
BittyBugsMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't have my speakers on, did they say the photos were time stamped? Can they actually prove that those pictures were taken the same night of the shooting?
April 20th, 2012, 01:09 PM
foxfire_ga79
Quote:
Originally Posted by BittyBugsMama View Post
I didn't have my speakers on, did they say the photos were time stamped? Can they actually prove that those pictures were taken the same night of the shooting?
The data embedded in the photo, taken by an iPhone, show it was taken at the crime scene 3 minutes after the shots were heard on the 911 tape.
April 20th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not sure what to think at this point. Found this perspective interesting.

Dershowitz Blasts Zimmerman Prosecution: 'Not Only Immoral, But Stupid'
Quote:

The arrest affidavit did not mention the photograph, or the bleeding, gashes,
and bruises on Zimmermans’ head. Professor Alan Dershowitz of Harvard Law School
stated upon release of the arrest affidavit that it was “so thin that it won’t
make it past a judge on a second degree murder charge … everything in the
affidavit is completely consistent with a defense of self-defense.”

After the release of the photo, however, Dershowitz went much further,
telling Breitbart News that if the prosecutors did have the photo and
didn’t mention it in the affidavit, that would constitute a “grave ethical
violation,” since affidavits are supposed to contain “all relevant
information.”

Dershowitz continued, “An affidavit that willfully misstates undisputed
evidence known to the prosecution is not only unethical but borders on perjury
because an affiant swears to tell not only the truth, but the whole truth, and
suppressing an important part of the whole truth is a lie."

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural
April 20th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer View Post
Why would his face be messed up if the BACK of his head were being hit on the ground?

You seem to have completely made up your mind that Zimmerman is completely guilty and Martin was completely innocent, given your obvious refusal to consider any other scenario than the story construed by the media. Which is funny, considering that more and more of the media's version is debunked as the story moves along. First, the pics they showed of Travyon were 5+ years old. The claim that Zimmerman used racial slurs on the 911 call were found to be untrue. They said that pictures showed NO injuries on his head when he was taken to the police station and now these have surfaced.
Despite all of that, you are going to buy what the media feeds you, hook, line and sinker.

I have never ONCE said the boy was completely innocent, nor would I. You really need to actually read this thread, thoroughly. Of course Zimmerman is guilty, of several things, most of which are things HE said he is guilty of. So why would I not think that?
I never said I believed everything the media has said. I have in fact stated, more than once, that I do believe at least some of what Zimmerman himself has said. I also believe some of what the police officials have said. I also know that at least some of what the media has presented is true.

I am not saying those pictures are NOT evidence of a struggle, of some sort. In fact I said they ARE evidence of some struggle. They are not however evidence of a life or death struggle(which is what the MEDIA said they were/are, so there goes your theory that I'm buying everything they have to say). They are not evidence that the boy struck first, or that Zimmerman was innocent. They are not evidence of anything except the obvious, like Zimmerman said, that the two were in a struggle/fight. That's what those pictures show me. That's something I already knew was a possibility based on his statements thus far. Something I've already said in this thread the boy was guilty of if in fact the statements about a struggle were true.

Now if you want to provide some evidence that Zimmerman is lying when he says he only stopped following the boy when he lost sight of him, or evidence that the boy attacked first, or evidence that the struggle they were in was actually life or death(and therefore, imo, worthy of a deadly weapon being used), I am all eyes/ears. Until something a bit more compelling is presented, my opinions on the chain of events have not changed. I am glad they're bringing more evidence to support at least some of what Zimmerman has said. But it still doesn't change my opinion that the chain of events only occurred because of one specific event. Which, again, is not an assumption on my part but rather an admission from the man himself. If you think his side of the argument is so compelling why is it you want me to overlook the very facts he himself has stated?
April 20th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
Oh and he said the boy was beating him AND hitting his head against the ground, that's why I asked why pictures weren't shown.

I also do have to wonder if Treyvon had any facial injuries himself. That would go a long way to aiding Zimmerman's story that they were in a life or death struggle. But I haven't seen anything that even talks about that.
April 20th, 2012, 06:42 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Thanks for posting that, Stacey. This has become one strange case. I still do think that Zimmerman went too far with shooting Martin. I do agree with what was said. Had Zimmerman listened to the operator, none of this would have happened. I'm not a fan of self defense to this extent. I do believe in defending yourself with the same level of threat you're facing. Not shooting someone because they're beating your arse.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

April 26th, 2012, 06:57 PM
foxfire_ga79
What are your thoughts on this?

Donations pour in to Trayvon Martin's killer - CNN.com
April 26th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
I think people are free to spend their money on whatever the heck they feel like spending it on. But some people, spend their money on some pretty stupid ****.

This, for me, falls under pretty stupid ****. I don't understand why anyone would donate money to a "cause" like this. But, whatever tickles their pickle.

I am glad his lawyer is bringing it up to the judge though, before someone else does(though I do believe others probably already knew, hence the story, lol). Because if he didn't it could bring a whole world of hurt down on them both. I do wonder if the judge will think anything of it. Especially since everyone believes(or believed) he and his family had little to no assets this entire time(yet money, seemingly, has been coming in for a bit now). I also wonder what his family thinks too, since they're the ones that had to put up his bail as it was(when he could have done so himself with this money).

I'm also glad all of that money's been placed in a secure account for now, until they figure out where to go with it from there.

I do wonder why he didn't mention this previously, since he knew the money was coming in from his "website he had". But, who knows, it's just a curiosity sort of thing for me on that one.

Interesting
April 27th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well in this country, people are entitled to defend themselves. That defense is very expensive & in a high profile case like this exhorbitant. I think it's impossible for him to get a fair trial because he has already been convicted by the media. But a semi-fair trial may be obtained with the right amount of money. Now I wouldn't donate but I could see why someone else might.

Now I don't know what happened that night but I don't think anyone here can decide what could be considered a life & death fight. The key is more IF Zimmerman felt his life was in danger. Not whether backseat drivers who weren't in the situation think it was AFTER the fact.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search