"Sexy and I know it" = sexual harassment?

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree36Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2012, 08:27 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Aww another flounce and I missed it. Darn!

Hey I had that barbie plane as a kid.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

May 7th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
I had a toy cat that looked like that. If you touched it's head, it purred like crazy.

No barbie plane though, at least not a blue one. I do remember a pink one, but not sure it was mine. Probably was my sister's. I had way more legos, cars, my buddy doll, cabbage patch and stuff like that, lol.
May 8th, 2012, 09:00 AM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frackel View Post
Good god woman, wth did that had to do with anything at all.
Sometimes I wonder about you. You quite often boast about all you've done for humanity, what with watching others' kids for most of your life and whatnot. Yet you come across as the most crotchety, cranky, and pessimistic person towards children I've ever seen post on this board. Then you wonder why people take what you say and pick it apart, if even only slightly. Try not being so **** cranky all the time. You make a LOT of "best guesses" about others' children and they are almost always either the exact opposite of what everyone else has said or seen(not in and of itself a bad thing, but does make one wonder what exactly it is you're reading), or they're beyond judgmental.
Then you throw fits and "you're all picking on me" flounces every now and then-frequently I might add. Which, while hilarious in their own right, don't really do much to help state your point so that I'll understand it any better.

I get that it's a heated debates board, we're judgmental at times, that's pretty much the point. but **** girl. I still don't understand how you got any of what you "think" or "guess" from anything that was said, posted, interviewed, whatever....Or why on earth you think that document was doctored. I just don't get your level of cynicism sometimes, I really don't.
Some people have what I call "I-have-to-take-the-other-side-no-matter-what-itis" We could all agree with the punishment and the person with that "syndrome" would say the punishment is wrong. It is about stirring the pot.
K.A.T likes this.

Thanks to Nicole *MommaDucks* for my siggy

May 8th, 2012, 01:24 PM
*Leslie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Leslie* Send a message via Yahoo to *Leslie*
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jennifer* View Post
Some people have what I call "I-have-to-take-the-other-side-no-matter-what-itis" We could all agree with the punishment and the person with that "syndrome" would say the punishment is wrong. It is about stirring the pot.
The short word for that is troll.

TTC our Rainbow Baby to complete our family.
May 9th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Keepin' it real!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliek0211 View Post
Call me sucky if you must, but I saw not even a hint of sarcasm in your post. Perhaps my sarcasm meter is broken.
Maybe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredmom View Post
Are you saying the mom doctored the document they show in the video (at 17 secs)??? Interesting...
No, I'm saying none of us really know. I also did point out I can't load the video, so I couldn't say for sure whether or not it's another media spin on nothing or if it's true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredmom View Post
I think you are missing the point. Most of us are saying that our kids DO act up at times (except mine, who are angels ALL THE TIME). That's what kids this age do. They occasionally act up or say inappropriate things. The point is, that the behavior of singing a line from a pop song does not warrant a 3 day school suspension, especially not for sexual harassment.
I totally agreed that it wasn't sexual harassment at all. I threw out a more sarcastic "realistic" scenario and why the school may have acted like they did, but did say that I didn't think a 6yo can harass anyone and that the school was over the top. BUT, we also do not know for sure that the child in question wasn't suspended for misbehaving in general. We have mom's word against the school, who isn't giving out information. No one knows the truth at all except the mom, the kid and school. Somewhere in there, there is the truth, but no one on this board or not directly involved knows what it is.

As far as the rest of it, I don't have time to address that other crap.

1 Girl 2011 and 1 Boy 2013. Their family is COMPLETE!

Surrogacy # 3 for new family?: 2014??
May 9th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've read your previous post over more than a few times and I cannot see where you are being sarcastic. I'll be blunt and say that it looks more like you are back peddling because you were called out.

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural
May 9th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLynn View Post
Maybe...

No, I'm saying none of us really know. I also did point out I can't load the video, so I couldn't say for sure whether or not it's another media spin on nothing or if it's true.

I totally agreed that it wasn't sexual harassment at all. I threw out a more sarcastic "realistic" scenario and why the school may have acted like they did, but did say that I didn't think a 6yo can harass anyone and that the school was over the top. BUT, we also do not know for sure that the child in question wasn't suspended for misbehaving in general. We have mom's word against the school, who isn't giving out information. No one knows the truth at all except the mom, the kid and school. Somewhere in there, there is the truth, but no one on this board or not directly involved knows what it is.

As far as the rest of it, I don't have time to address that other crap.
Your post here doesn't better explain anything, lol. All it does is reiterate what you already said, which, quite clearly, no one quite understood where you were coming from in the first place.

That "scenario" you threw out, isn't even slightly more realistic. Saying you threw it out there sarcastically won't magically make it so. I think most people usually use sarcasm as a form of humor-even if only a small group actually find it funny-most at least understand it to be sarcasm, they're typically not the lone person who does. If your own brand of sarcasm completely goes over the heads of your entire audience, you probably missed the mark.

Your "scenario" would likely be better fitting to a different case, than it is to this one. Even though the school might not be talking much, we do have enough information to deduce that it's not a very likely scenario whatsoever. We do have at least some information, we're not flying completely blind on absolutely no info at all. His mother had no qualms sharing the boy had been disciplined in the not so current past for causing a disruption. So I wouldn't say this is one of those "mom against the school, because her kid can't possibly ever be in the wrong" sort of cases. Doesn't read that way to me, at all.

I'm fairly certain this is one of those cases where actually reading the articles posted and probably watching the video as well, would be a better path than just throwing caution to the wind and assuming you know what they say/show, lol. Your replies seem to indicate, you neither read, nor watched(well, we know you didn't watch, since you said so yourself, lol) anything about it.

Eh, whatever tickles your pickle, though.

I still say your posts come off really cranky and I can't make heads or tails of half of what you say because of it, and all the "you're picking on me" sort of stuff just makes it harder to concentrate. But that's my own flaw, I really need to work harder on it and start looking for things that aren't here on my screen, so I stop jumping to conclusions about the words you're actually saying.

Last edited by Frackel; May 9th, 2012 at 06:51 PM.
May 10th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well I guess I don't parent my 6 year old son because when he sings the song I laugh! It's soooo funny! Sometimes we sing it together! There is absolutely nothing sexual about it.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, you have to check out "I'm Elmo & I know it" It's hysterical.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
May 10th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by My2miracles View Post
Well I guess I don't parent my 6 year old son because when he sings the song I laugh! It's soooo funny! Sometimes we sing it together! There is absolutely nothing sexual about it.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, you have to check out "I'm Elmo & I know it" It's hysterical.
We LOVE the elmo version. My kids aren't even that little and they love it. We're teaching it to my 2 yr old niece, lol.

this is the link I'm Elmo and I Know It ORIGINAL ( LMFAO Parody ) - YouTube

Sorry had to fix the link, I put the one without mr noodles shaking it, lol.

Last edited by Frackel; May 10th, 2012 at 03:20 PM.
May 10th, 2012, 04:00 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
LOVE Elmo and I know it. HYSTERICAL!!!

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

May 10th, 2012, 07:03 PM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
omg that is awesome! I sent it to my aunt to teach her 2 year old (who can sing parts of the original version... tisk tisk... guess she's a bad parent)
~TTC #1 together 2 years and counting ~

Awesome siggy made by Jaidynsmum
Matthew and Mark 08/24/2005 9w1d, Mattie Anne 04/07/2008 8w Mel and Dee 01/19/2010 (8 weeks) and 5 chemical pregnancies
Hope 07/22/2012@4w1d,Konnor 11/24/2012@3w6d,"Emmy"1/15/2013@ 3w6d,Ronen 02/10/2013@3w5d,Joy 07/19/2013@3w6d, "Pea" 09/06/2013@ 3w3d

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, PCOS, Insulin resistant.
150mcg Synthyroid, 500mg Metformin (aiming for 1500mg)
May 10th, 2012, 07:19 PM
foxfire_ga79
Well my oldest son was singing along with AC/DC when he was 3. Heck with Elmo. Finally a mommy war I have a shot at winning. lol
plan4fate and Frackel like this.
May 10th, 2012, 11:29 PM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
We absolutely love music here, it's a huge part of our life.

My kids listen to everything from classical to neoclassical metal. Age inappropriate is right up their alley as far as music is concerned. There is very little they won't listen to.
They're also the sort of kids who listen to it once, and then can sing it back by memory, for the most part. But they love to mix songs. So I get a LOT of mashups around here, most would make no sense to anyone but us. Ds was mixing together skillet(rebirthing), madcon(beggin') and maroon five(moves like jagger) earlier today. I think if others heard him they'd likely think he was off his rocker. All three of them do it though, lol.
Dd2 sings all the time when she's stimming and it's almost always something either hard rock or metal, lol. Her school hated it(never anything "mature", just the genre is what they disliked)
June 17th, 2012, 12:10 PM
.:Kati:.'s Avatar kyler's mommy
He was just acting like a boy,innocent fun singing a song. They over exaggerated calling it sexual harassment. I would be furious if my son was suspended for something so silly.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search