Log In Sign Up

Guy With 30 Kids Can't Afford Child Support


Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree29Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #21  
May 25th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: North
Posts: 7,824
I just read that the story is false. He does not have 30a kids, he has 24. He is not paying CS right now because he is incarcerated. Am on my phone so will link the story when I get home. Its frome headline news.

Here's the link. Its from headline tv
Update: Judge says man did not father 30 kids | HLNtv.com
__________________
Tammy, Mom to
Abby (19), Kacie (13), Chase (11), & Jacob (7)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural

Last edited by Tammyjh; May 25th, 2012 at 11:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
May 25th, 2012, 11:37 AM
foxfire_ga79
Guest
Posts: n/a
Holy crap. I would love to know how the story got out that it's 30 kids and he's trying to wiggle out of having to pay. Fox was definitely not the only news outlet reporting this story, it was everywhere.


That still doesn't make it a whole lot better IMO though. 24 kids with 11 women and being incarcerated for non payment in the past is still deadbeat material in my book.
AtomicMama likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
May 25th, 2012, 11:39 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Join Date: May 2008
Location: MI
Posts: 14,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammyjh View Post
I just read that the story is false. He does not have 30a kids, he has 24. He is not paying CS right now because he is incarcerated. Am on my phone so will link the story when I get home. Its frome headline news.

Here's the link. Its from headline tv
Update: Judge says man did not father 30 kids | HLNtv.com

Thanks for the update

I'm not sure it changes much, 24 isn't much better than 30
__________________
Amy: Wife to my Handsome Husband Mommy to my superhero, Max (3) and Luckiest Bonus Mama to Sammy (5)

Reply With Quote
  #24  
May 25th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: North
Posts: 7,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire_ga79 View Post
Holy crap. I would love to know how the story got out that it's 30 kids and he's trying to wiggle out of having to pay. Fox was definitely not the only news outlet reporting this story, it was everywhere.


That still doesn't make it a whole lot better IMO though. 24 kids with 11 women and being incarcerated for non payment in the past is still deadbeat material in my book.
He's not incarcerated for non payment. He got 6 years for
Tennessee Baby Machine Is A State Inmate | The Smoking Gun
Quote:
Hatchett had been sentenced to six years in prison for aggravated assault, but
had the majority of that term suspended in lieu of “enhanced probation.” He
quickly violated his probation terms by getting arrested for domestic violence,
violating curfew, and lying about his whereabouts to his probation officer.
Quote:

Hatchett has a “very long and serious criminal history” that includes
“multiple assaults, multiple thefts, aggravated assault, multiple evading
arrests, and several driving assaults,” according to a probation violation report. He has
also been collared on narcotics charges and has shown “contempt for the rules of
probation and of the court.” In fact, his rap sheet runs 14 pages.


Which apparently impresses the ladies.
__________________
Tammy, Mom to
Abby (19), Kacie (13), Chase (11), & Jacob (7)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural
Reply With Quote
  #25  
May 25th, 2012, 12:42 PM
foxfire_ga79
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammyjh View Post
He's not incarcerated for non payment. He got 6 years for
Tennessee Baby Machine Is A State Inmate | The Smoking Gun
I never said he's currently incarcerated for non payment. I said

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire_ga79 View Post
Holy crap. I would love to know how the story got out that it's 30 kids and he's trying to wiggle out of having to pay. Fox was definitely not the only news outlet reporting this story, it was everywhere.


That still doesn't make it a whole lot better IMO though. 24 kids with 11 women and being incarcerated for non payment in the past is still deadbeat material in my book.
because the article you linked to said


Quote:
“The cases are not proceeding at this time because he is incarcerated,” Briggs says. “We are not enforcing any child support while he is incarcerated. Once he is released, then we will set the child support and enforce the child support. I have had to incarcerate him in the past for non-payment.”

The guy has a very clear history of being a deadbeat. Just because that's not what he's locked up for this particular time around doesn't make him any less of a deadbeat.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
May 25th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: North
Posts: 7,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire_ga79 View Post
I never said he's currently incarcerated for non payment. I said

The guy has a very clear history of being a deadbeat. Just because that's not what he's locked up for this particular time around doesn't make him any less of a deadbeat.
Somehow, I missed the "in the past" part of your post. I've been rushing around here so I was skim reading.

Is he a deadbeat loser or "just misunderstood"?
__________________
Tammy, Mom to
Abby (19), Kacie (13), Chase (11), & Jacob (7)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural
Reply With Quote
  #27  
May 25th, 2012, 01:11 PM
foxfire_ga79
Guest
Posts: n/a
Actually, maybe he is just misunderstood. By the 11 women who thought it was a good idea to have his babies.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
May 25th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Keepin' it real!
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeToTheMax View Post
Your original post was talking about the women when you said that they were begging others to pay for the children. I think it's general consensus that this guy is pretty lame and does not deserve the help. But nowhere did it say that the moms were begging or even nicely requesting anything.


No you did not. You said, and I quote, "Shouldn't women be responsible for their own birth control?" That in no way implies equal responsibility.

ASSUMING the guy doesn't bring any. SHE then takes over the responsibility! In this case, I assume he brought NO condoms (obviously)


I agree with out that there is equal responsibility, but as to the bolded, REALLY!?! Please share any single source that soley blames and holds a father responsible for the existence, care, nurturing, and support of his child(ren). In my 27 years, I have NEVER heard of a father being held solely responsible, but I have read many articles and reports, seen too much media coverage, taken college course, and felt the general cultural attitude that WOMEN are responsible. If you would like some examples, I will be happy to find them for you. When a woman abandons her child to the father, she is horrible, awful, cruel, and non maternal. When a father abandons a child, especially unplanned or to a woman he is not married to, it's quite commonly excusable and the woman's fault. If you can provide sources otherwise, I would very much love to see them. This is one area where I would LOVE to have my views changed.

On the yahoo boards, people are blaming the guy ONLY. They are saying "the women didn't know..." and all kinds of other comments.....
It's WHAT!?!? I'm speechless. Seriously. If a man doesn't happen to have condoms on him, then it's the woman's sole responsibilty to use birth control or say no!? Since when could HE not say no if he didn't have protection? I'm assuming most of these women have 2-3 children (perhaps some have a few more). He has 30. If he can't support more children, HE needs to stop making them. Heck, some of the women could be supporting their children fine. I'm supporting my son easily (with no help from anyone), and I could add another child to our family without financial hardship (I won't, but that isn't the point). There is no evidence that some of the women aren't in my same position. Maybe they even WANTED to provide their child with a sibling (I know I get heartsick thinking of my son growing up without a sibling) and could provide for a second child. You don't know what went on, except that this MAN could not provide for further children. Thus, he has responsibility to say no, or to go get condoms (which, for the record, are not 100% effective at preventing pregnancy). I'm not saying the women are blameless, at all. They have an equal responsibility, sure. But saying that if a man shows up and has no condoms then it falls on the women to say no or come up with their own protection is archaic and sexist. Okay, I'm off my soap box now.


IT TAKES TWO TO MAKE A BABY. IF HE cannot say no, SHE still has the power to say no. You're taking away the woman's power when you make statements like "HE should stop making them" HE didn't do it by himself... How is speaking the truth sexist? I'm giving women empowerment. They were not forced into having sex with him


Please share this article. I'm not saying you aren't right, but I am reserving judgment on the mother's until I have ANY information on them.

It's on Yahoo somewhere. It was a few days ago that I read some of the moms were sahm's (Nothing wrong with being a SAHM if you can afford it, so I am NOT knocking SAHM's) If that's not true, then fine. But there are like 50 articles out there discussing this case, something on Nancy Grace website too. I just don't have the time to go digging for one article of the several that I read. I BELIEVE it was the YAHOO! or Nancy Grace one, but I really don't remember. Also, now they're saying he only has 24. No one really knows what the truth is, so I'm only going off of what I read, not 100% truth written in blood.
__________________
Lynn
Mom to many



1 Girl 2011 and 1 Boy 2013. Their family is COMPLETE!

Surrogacy # 3 for new family?: 2014??
Reply With Quote
  #29  
May 25th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: North
Posts: 7,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLynn View Post
It's on Yahoo somewhere. It was a few days ago that I read some of the moms were sahm's (Nothing wrong with being a SAHM if you can afford it, so I am NOT knocking SAHM's) If that's not true, then fine. But there are like 50 articles out there discussing this case, something on Nancy Grace website too. I just don't have the time to go digging for one article of the several that I read. I BELIEVE it was the YAHOO! or Nancy Grace one, but I really don't remember. Also, now they're saying he only has 24. No one really knows what the truth is, so I'm only going off of what I read, not 100% truth written in blood.
In other words, you can't source it.
AtomicMama likes this.
__________________
Tammy, Mom to
Abby (19), Kacie (13), Chase (11), & Jacob (7)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural
Reply With Quote
  #30  
May 25th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Keepin' it real!
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammyjh View Post
In other words, you can't source it.
Seriously, you gonna go there? Dig for it yourself, if you absolutely HAVE to because you don't think I read that somewhere. I'm not writing a da** bibliography here. Think I care what anyone thinks? If I said I read it. I read it! I didn't say it was "absolutely true" what was written, because as we know the news/blogs/articles are not always 100% accurate.

Check YAHOO! Or Nancy Grace. It was one of those, I'm pretty sure.
__________________
Lynn
Mom to many



1 Girl 2011 and 1 Boy 2013. Their family is COMPLETE!

Surrogacy # 3 for new family?: 2014??
Reply With Quote
  #31  
May 25th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: North
Posts: 7,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLynn View Post
Seriously, you gonna go there? Dig for it yourself, if you absolutely HAVE to because you don't think I read that somewhere. I'm not writing a da** bibliography here. Think I care what anyone thinks? If I said I read it. I read it! I didn't say it was "absolutely true" what was written, because as we know the news/blogs/articles are not always 100% accurate.

Check YAHOO! Or Nancy Grace. It was one of those, I'm pretty sure.
Yeah I'm going to go there because this is a debate board and normally in debate, when one is challenged to back up their statements, they don't tell someone else to go find it for them.
AtomicMama likes this.
__________________
Tammy, Mom to
Abby (19), Kacie (13), Chase (11), & Jacob (7)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural
Reply With Quote
  #32  
May 25th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Keepin' it real!
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,656
I didn't know it was a requirement. Anyway, it doesn't matter because now I'm reading THIS article. I will post because I am CURRENTLY in it.


: Nancy Grace updated stating reports were not true after all. So IDK what's true anymore and frankly do not care that much about it. He's nasty and if you look at the pics of the women in other articles, some of them, themselves, act the fool for the cameras, doing kissy lips and really stupid things for something so public and already embarrassing. All I know is whether or not he had 24 or 30 kids, whether or not the women are actually on welfare or not, they all took responsibility in making babies they can't support and no doubt, the rest of us are.

Here's your source for the change: Update: Judge says man did not father 30 kids | HLNtv.com

NM. you already SAW this!
__________________
Lynn
Mom to many



1 Girl 2011 and 1 Boy 2013. Their family is COMPLETE!

Surrogacy # 3 for new family?: 2014??

Last edited by GSLynn; May 25th, 2012 at 04:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
May 25th, 2012, 05:48 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,499
So now we assume that people, or the women in this case, are jobless because of how they pose for a camera? I try to defer my judgment on something more than just appearance based. No one is saying that these ladies are just as responsible as he is, but it's not just one over the other. Obviously they made poor choices, that doesn't mean much else.
__________________

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11



Reply With Quote
  #34  
May 25th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Keepin' it real!
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.A.T View Post
So now we assume that people, or the women in this case, are jobless because of how they pose for a camera? :confused: I try to defer my judgment on something more than just appearance based. No one is saying that these ladies are just as responsible as he is, but it's not just one over the other. Obviously they made poor choices, that doesn't mean much else.
Please direct me to the quote where I said that they were jobless because they posed for cameras like fools? I said they were acting the fool. Wow, way to read into something that's not there.
__________________
Lynn
Mom to many



1 Girl 2011 and 1 Boy 2013. Their family is COMPLETE!

Surrogacy # 3 for new family?: 2014??
Reply With Quote
  #35  
May 25th, 2012, 07:55 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,499
I'm combining two of your posts trying to figure out your thought process, thereby making my own assumption. See how dumb assumptions can be? Until I see an article stating that these women didn't work, I'm going to have to believe that you assumed that judgment. Also, I'm not going to go fishing for an article that I didn't use as a basis for my assumption. All my opinions can be pointed back to articles posted HERE and posts MADE HERE, not elsewhere. It's kinda silly to bring other places into a debate when one isn't going to back up their source. Perfect example, you said everyone was blaming the father alone and not the moms. When brought to your attention that is not the case here, you bring up Yahoo and those comments. Yahoo comments have no place in this debate unless you source it. i.e. Everyone on Yahoo is blaming the man only vs Everyone is blaming the man only. Just like with any other debate, either quote or state your source.
AtomicMama likes this.
__________________

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11



Reply With Quote
  #36  
May 25th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Keepin' it real!
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,656
Father of 30 Children Says He Can't Support Them | The Stir

Here's ONE of the articles I was reading that references the children receiving some sort of assistance. Again, I can only go by what I read. I don't know where the person got his info and if it's true.


Additionally, no one said I couldn't bring yahoo stuff here anywhere. I just don't think I'm going to post HUNDREDS of comments from people stating "HE is scum" "HE should be neutered" "HE probably doesn't know their names" "HE shouldn't have gotten them pregnant" I mean there are HUNDREDS of these comments. The majority seem to think HE is at fault. Even one of our OWN posters got upset when I said women need to be responsible for themselves, if the guy isn't. So, yeah, I think it's all pretty relevant, even if YOU disagree.
__________________
Lynn
Mom to many



1 Girl 2011 and 1 Boy 2013. Their family is COMPLETE!

Surrogacy # 3 for new family?: 2014??

Last edited by GSLynn; May 25th, 2012 at 08:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
May 25th, 2012, 09:07 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Join Date: May 2008
Location: MI
Posts: 14,754
I can't debate with you. It's an exercise with futility. You don't listen to anything anyone else says, all of your arguments are completely circular, and you are contradicting yourself at every turn. I'll give it one last shot.

Quote:
IT TAKES TWO TO MAKE A BABY. IF HE cannot say no, SHE still has the power to say no. You're taking away the woman's power when you make statements like "HE should stop making them" HE didn't do it by himself... How is speaking the truth sexist? I'm giving women empowerment. They were not forced into having sex with him
What?? How is it possible that he CANNOT say no? I mean, unless you are implying that he was raped by these women, knocked unconscious, or gagged, I'm not sure how he CANNOT say no. I'm not taking away anyone's power. I'm just not entirely sexist and so stuck in the 1950s that I feel it necessary to blame women solely for an unplanned pregnancy. You're not empowering women. You're giving men an out. NO ONE here has said that the women are blameless, myself included. All that has been said is that we DON'T KNOW anything about the women. The women don't have 30 (or 24 or whatever the number) kids. The women aren't the ones asking the court to help them pay child support. HE IS!! Sure, the women could have said no, sure they could have used birth control or condoms. BUT HE COULD HAVE TOO! If HE can't afford the children and HE doesn't want anymore, then it's on him. For all we know (from the articles that have been sourced so far), the women wanted the children and are providing for them just fine. No, I don't necessarily think that's the case, at least not for all 11 women, but it COULD be. We have no evidence otherwise. If that evidence is presented, I'll come down just as hard on the women. They should have protected themselves too. But just because he didn't have a condom on him and didn't FEEL like saying no, doesn't mean it's the women's fault. THAT is what is sexist. BOTH parties are responsible for the kids. Since I don't see him living in a big old house raising all dozens of his children, I'm going to have to assume that the moms are, at the very least, providing the physical responsibility and child raising. HE is the one who is NOT providing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLynn View Post
Father of 30 Children Says He Can't Support Them | The Stir

Here's ONE of the articles I was reading that references the children receiving some sort of assistance. Again, I can only go by what I read. I don't know where the person got his info and if it's true.
Wow. First, please check sources. This is an opinion piece. The quote you are trying to pass off as "referencing" the children receiving assistance is just this other woman's ASSUMPTION. There is NO factual basis for it. Here is the quote (emphasis mine):
Quote:
These poor kids are growing up with single working mothers, or living off welfare or charity, and they’re doing it without a real father in their lives. So what if he knows their names and birthdays? It takes more than that and $1.49 a month to be a dad. My heart is heavy for these kids, and I hope their mamas take advantage of some sort of mentorship program like Big Brothers Big Sisters for them. Just because they have a rocky start in life doesn’t make them any less capable of doing great things than anyone else.
It is the author's (who is not a professional journalist for a reputable source who has done research on the topic, but an opinion writer for a CafeMom Blog) own opinion and assumption. She is assuming that these women are either single working moms or living off welfare. There is no factual evidence of that (at least not any that has been brought into this debate).


Quote:
Additionally, no one said I couldn't bring yahoo stuff here anywhere. I just don't think I'm going to post HUNDREDS of comments from people stating "HE is scum" "HE should be neutered" "HE probably doesn't know their names" "HE shouldn't have gotten them pregnant" I mean there are HUNDREDS of these comments. The majority seem to think HE is at fault. Even one of our OWN posters got upset when I said women need to be responsible for themselves, if the guy isn't. So, yeah, I think it's all pretty relevant, even if YOU disagree.
Sure you can bring yahoo stuff here if you want to. You can say "everyone on yahoo says this..." but that doesn't mean we have to view it as a valid point. Just because the yahoos on yahoo (pun intended) have an opinion does not mean that it is shared by or considered a valid argument by the educated, self-thinking women on this board. If you are concerned with yahoo, argue with them there. If you would like to ask us our opinions on the views you find there, that's great! But ask us what we think about them. Don't just argue with us based of what you are reading there.
foxfire_ga79 and K.A.T like this.
__________________
Amy: Wife to my Handsome Husband Mommy to my superhero, Max (3) and Luckiest Bonus Mama to Sammy (5)

Reply With Quote
  #38  
May 26th, 2012, 04:32 AM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: North
Posts: 7,824
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f4...e-posting.html (Debate Guidelines---Please Read Before Posting!)
From the debate guidelines. No, its not mandatory but its recommended
Quote:
Be prepared to defend what you post. If you post an opinion or something
anecdotal that's fine, but understand that someone else will probably come
along with facts to oppose your opinion. If you are presenting something as
fact, it might be helpful to post links to reliable sources to back up what
you are saying.
As far as Cafe Mom, is this one of those sites where anyone can be an author?
__________________
Tammy, Mom to
Abby (19), Kacie (13), Chase (11), & Jacob (7)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural
Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:15 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0