Child Leashes

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2012, 01:36 PM
Veteran
I've had to use one for foster kids before. Some can be very impulsive. I've never cared if people use them unless they mis-use them. There's a woman at my park who always has her 2? year old on a leash while her older kids play

June 2nd, 2012, 04:21 PM
Hey... Where's Perry?'s Avatar Darnit face
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyLoved View Post
I've had to use one for foster kids before. Some can be very impulsive. I've never cared if people use them unless they mis-use them. There's a woman at my park who always has her 2? year old on a leash while her older kids play
Why the sad face? You just said some kids are very impulsive.
June 2nd, 2012, 05:05 PM
Veteran
Because she sits on the bench with her 2yr old on the leash while her older kids play, she doesn't take the 2yr old to play. He has to sit there and play with leaves and stuff.

June 2nd, 2012, 06:01 PM
foxfire_ga79
There might be an actual reason for that. When I take my kids to the playground I let my 2 y/o go play. That's because I know she can.
Maybe there's something about this child that hinders him and you can't tell it by looking at him. He might not be capable of using the playground equipment.
June 2nd, 2012, 07:58 PM
Veteran
Thats a good point. I try not to judge and instead think of reasons why someone would be doing that. Like if someone cuts me off I like to think there's an emergency, lol. I suppose I wish he got to swing in the baby swings. He can sit up and walk. Maybe he can't sit up with the motion though.

June 3rd, 2012, 03:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
He could just not want to play.

Lux was like that, whenever we went to a playground or park the older 3 went to play, and she would just sit by me and play with sticks on her own. I tried very much to get her to go and play, id put her on the swings, or I would climb on things with her, but no, she didnt want anything to do with it, I could never figure out why.

She grew out of it eventually, by the time she was school age she was off and playing.
June 3rd, 2012, 08:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was so that person prekids that said they would NEVER use one. I had one we have used exactly 1 time with our daughter and it was great. We were at a county fair and she could walk and was pretty darn proud of herself but she couldnt run off. I think they are fine when used correctly!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search