Father Beats Daughter's Molester To Death

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree27Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2012, 08:47 AM
*Leslie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Leslie* Send a message via Yahoo to *Leslie*
I totally get what you guys are saying. The reason I think the act is setting a precedence is because all of the comments I'm seeing on forums everywhere about the situation. I'm having a hard time explaining what I'm trying to say, I suppose.
MindyRambo likes this.

June 17th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Keepin' it real!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliek0211 View Post
Yeah, I guess the semantics of it make it not the right term, but you get what I mean. He used deadly force in a non-deadly situation and took punishing the criminal into his own hands, assuming the threat was over after the man was removed from the child. I guess I'm thinking of it in terms of some states where if someone breaks in your house, you can't shoot them while they are retreating or you will get charged for killing them.
This guy molested his daughter. He wasn't thinking about it at all. He acted. It's not vigilante justice, or taking the law into his own hands or anything. He was acting on the defense of the child. You don't know it wouldn't have turned deadly. Neither does he. So, he acted the best way anyone else would have. If someone breaks in my house, they get shot AS they're coming in. I don't wait to see if they'll be dangerous or not or if they have a gun. Sorry.

1 Girl 2011 and 1 Boy 2013. Their family is COMPLETE!

Surrogacy # 3 for new family?: 2014??
June 17th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLynn View Post
This guy molested his daughter. He wasn't thinking about it at all. He acted. It's not vigilante justice, or taking the law into his own hands or anything. He was acting on the defense of the child. You don't know it wouldn't have turned deadly. Neither does he. So, he acted the best way anyone else would have. If someone breaks in my house, they get shot AS they're coming in. I don't wait to see if they'll be dangerous or not or if they have a gun. Sorry.
Your post is completely irrelevant to the discussion. We've already covered the vigilante justice piece, and that he was acting in defense. The amount of force needed for the defense is essentially what it boils down to. People don't always catch someone breaking into their house on the way in, that's why I used the example of the thief leaving, because there have been stories in the news pretty recently about just that.

June 17th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Keepin' it real!
Quote:
Your post is completely irrelevant to the discussion. We've already covered the vigilante justice piece, and that he was acting in defense. The amount of force needed for the defense is essentially what it boils down to. People don't always catch someone breaking into their house on the way in, that's why I used the example of the thief leaving, because there have been stories in the news pretty recently about just that.
Of course it's not irrelevant to the conversation. If anything, the thief analogy has nothing to do with what happened here, you can't even compare the two. Thieves want peoples material things and while that's awful, this guy's daughter's rapist tried to take his daughter's dignity and dehumanize her by forcing himself on her. BIG difference and incomparable.

1 Girl 2011 and 1 Boy 2013. Their family is COMPLETE!

Surrogacy # 3 for new family?: 2014??
June 17th, 2012, 04:54 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Quote:
I totally get what you guys are saying. The reason I think the act is setting a precedence is because all of the comments I'm seeing on forums everywhere about the situation. I'm having a hard time explaining what I'm trying to say, I suppose.
I don't think you're not explaining yourself well enough. This is just one of those situations where we as parents will think with our emotions before we think with our heads. In a way, it is setting a precedence for people to do what he did. It's just that most parents would do the same exact thing if not worse in his situation so they see nothing wrong with his actions.

Lynn, I have to disagree with you about taking the law into your own hands. The father did just that. He doled out a punishment (very different than what a court would have given) that in most situations would be doled out by the courts. That is taking the law into ones own hands. Leslie is right, he used a force that is normally above what would be used. We can't say for sure if the sexual assault of the child would have ended in her death, or if the father hit the man softer or less would have resulted in the same outcome. In most cases, the sexual assault of a child doesn't result in the death of that child. Not saying that it can't happen, just that it doesn't always happen.

The amount of force really is questionable. It's just that most of us don't want to question because we know deep down inside that we would have either done the same or worse. I for one, would have picked up the closest object and beat the guy with that to ensure his death. This man used his bare fist and didn't intend on killing him but did. That's why he's remorseful for it. I think a lot of other parents wouldn't feel one bit of remorse.
*Leslie* and AtomicMama like this.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

June 17th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLynn View Post
Of course it's not irrelevant to the conversation. If anything, the thief analogy has nothing to do with what happened here, you can't even compare the two. Thieves want peoples material things and while that's awful, this guy's daughter's rapist tried to take his daughter's dignity and dehumanize her by forcing himself on her. BIG difference and incomparable.
It absolutely has something to do with it. We are talking about forced used during a commission or after the commission of a felony. I am discussing the legality of it, not comparing one to the other. Robbers don't just want material things either, and even if they are armed and retreating a person can be charged for killing them.

June 17th, 2012, 08:15 PM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No I don't think the father should be punished or anything. I think he reacted in a way most parents would do no matter if it was their son or daughter, and no matter what age they were. Yes I would try to do what I could to stop my child's attacker as well as not making the attack worse for me and my child.

It doesn't take a lot of blows to kill a person, especially if the man doing the blows is muscular/strong, and in the right spot it only takes one blow. I can only imagine the rage that this father had.

I understand what you're trying to say Lesile. But I don't think very many parents of molested children get to catch the act in progress, so I really don't see that this is going to start something.
June 19th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It doesn't always take that much blunt force trauma to kill someone. Look at Natasha Richardson - she just fell down skiing & bumped her head.....

I don't think people are going to follow in this guys footsteps and I don't think people are glorifying killing by supporting this man. I do think that people are having a gut reaction to a horrible situation & a justice system that is often too soft on criminals. If this guy had been caught & not killed, he would have gone to prison for some period of time & once released, been a registered sex offender. Hardly seems enough considering what this little girl will have to live with for her entire life.

I also find it interesting that some are saying "it wasn't deadly...." Maybe the girl wouldn't have been physically killed but what rape does to a woman is far beyond the physical effects.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
June 19th, 2012, 07:23 PM
The Truth is out There
Quote:
Originally Posted by My2miracles View Post
It doesn't always take that much blunt force trauma to kill someone. Look at Natasha Richardson - she just fell down skiing & bumped her head.....

I don't think people are going to follow in this guys footsteps and I don't think people are glorifying killing by supporting this man. I do think that people are having a gut reaction to a horrible situation & a justice system that is often too soft on criminals. If this guy had been caught & not killed, he would have gone to prison for some period of time & once released, been a registered sex offender. Hardly seems enough considering what this little girl will have to live with for her entire life.

I also find it interesting that some are saying "it wasn't deadly...." Maybe the girl wouldn't have been physically killed but what rape does to a woman is far beyond the physical effects.

Agreeing with this. You can kill someone by just ramming your hand against their nose, upwards at an angle. That only takes one blow.

From the comments I've read on news articles, it's always guys who don't have kids who says this guy ought to be charged. I've yet to see a woman say that this guy was in the wrong.

June 20th, 2012, 01:11 PM
AMDG's Avatar Margaret
There is no way a jury would convict this man. There is no doubt in anybody's mind he was defending his innocent child. How many times did he hit the man? Did he need to hit him as hard as he did? Did his level of force exceed what was needed to defend his daughter and himself from possible further injury? I doubt this father could even answer these questions. He made split second decisions in the moment. Everything I have read - especially the 911 call - leads me to believe he did not intend to kill the abuser.
yes, many other parents have spoken up and said - if that happened to my child you bet I would kill him too - but that is not what this man did. He was not so filled with rage that he was determined to, and did, kill the abuser - by is accounts and by listening to the 911 call you can see he was trying to protect his child and a man was killed in the process.
What if this father had a gun? Let's say he approached the situation and saw a man naked, laying on his daughter - are you going to tell me he couldn't use a gun to protect her? This isn't a situation where you give the man a warning and wait to see if he will peacefully comply prior to firing a gun or leveling a punch - No - you would do what you needed to do to get the man off your small child THAT VERY INSTANT. So, are we really going to argue back and forth as to whether he hit him one to many times - two punches would be okay but three is too many? speculation along those lines is rediculous. Oh, and I highly highly doubt that any parent out there would find himself in a similar situation and have the state of mind to think - oh, that dad in Texas got away with killing the molester and so I will do the same thing!

"Authentic love is not a vague sentiment or a blind passion. It is an inner attitude that involves the whole human person. It is looking to the other, not to use but to serve. It is rejoicing when the other rejoices and suffers when the other suffers. Love is the gift of self." JPII

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search