Is Kool-Aid bad?

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 27th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
Rofl, unless you're drinking a **** ton of it, or have an extremely low tolerance to any amount of alcohol, you're not going to get alcohol poisoning from a drink like that(with or without the koolaid). The koolaid itself certainly isn't going to magically make the vodka's proof any higher(and what's in koolaid isn't going to poison you on it's own, obviously, lol). As it's not all too different from what's in a lot of other mixed drinks that are "juice" based. I use that term very loosely.

But it does make an awesome hair dye.
June 28th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
I still fail to see how 12-16oz will cause alcohol poisoning, unless of course you're very intolerant to it-but if that's the case the koolaid being added would make absolutely no difference. You might get drunk off your ***, but I doubt most people would get alcohol poisoning from it.

Straight alcohol is meant to be strong, lol.

You're talking like 8-10, possibly 11 shots there.
June 28th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that's just like the comment someone made on my FB a while back. A friend was doing drunken gummy bears and their mom posted "watch out those are very dangerous, if you eat them you can die!!". This of course directed at a legal adult who I'm sure has consumed alcohol many times in their lifetime. It's about common sense, not the kool aid or the gummy bear.

June 28th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
Exactly, the gummy bear reference is a perfect example-and one I've heard a million times too. Same with jello/pudding shots(and I prefer pudding). There's a lot of misinformation out there, especially on the web.

It takes darn near a .25-.35 BAC for the average joe(I'm not talking a heavy drinker with a serious tolerance, or a super lightweight here) to reach the level that would induce instant "sick"-aka alcohol poisoning, that's more like 20 shots-ish- in a relatively short amount of time. Of course you'd also be stupid drunk by that point too. It depends a lot on the proof of whatever it is you're consuming as well. The sugar does make it easier to slam them back quicker if you're into that, hence why it's enticing to some. Though there are some of the mindset that one drop of alcohol is automatically poisoning too, I doubt most people here believe that(I hope, lol).
Sorry to take this off into an offshoot rant about alcohol, lol.

Regardless, common sense ought to prevail, in all situations, when it comes to consuming anything. When it doesn't, you've only yourself to blame, not whatever it is you're consuming
June 28th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Vanilla flavored vodka.....Mmmmmm
Just sayin.

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural
June 28th, 2012, 03:47 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Darn all you folk talking about vodka, jello shots, and pudding shots (mmm must try those one day)! Nice way to tease a stressed out preggo.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

June 28th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
Haha...oopsie

But we DO make a mean pudding shot, and if you're brave enough we use 151
Or you can stick with the good old standards, that are far less potent, lol.

Vanilla sounds yummy. I like effen cucumber, it's pretty good.
June 28th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never tried the cucumber. I'm fairly picky and right now my drink of choice is a little vanilla vodka, peach schnapps, OJ, & club soda. I like my drinks carbonated. Maybe I should try something new.

Sorry Liz. When you're not pregnant and have weaned the little one, we'll have a party.

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural
June 29th, 2012, 05:35 AM
MindyRambo's Avatar Super Mommy
My fav is coconut rum and pineapple juice, but only one of those once in awhile.

I drink 1 to 2 beers everyday, and if I drank 12-16 ounces of vodka, I would die lol. At the very least be INCREDIBLY sick for a long time.

LOL, one Halloween I used kool-aid to dye all 6 dogs different colors, it was awesome, and they looked so cute! It was the least toxic thing I could think of to use

You think the only people who are people, are the people who look and think like you, but if you walk the footsteps of stranger, you'll learn things you knew... you never knew.
June 29th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
Pudding shots are easy. You just need pudding,milk, your fav liquor and cool whip(or similar whipped topping, canned whip doesn't really work though, too thin). Some people make it without the whipped cream but I think they taste funny that way.

You take 3/4-1 cup milk and mix it in with a box of pudding-mix well, add 1/4-1 cup your fav liquor(this depends entirely on how strong you want it, and how much you're making)-mix well, mix in 1/2 to a full container of cool whip, pour into small containers and freeze. If you don't freeze you'll be left with a thinner pudding, which doesn't set. You can lessen the milk and increase the liquor to your liking, or even mix liquors. We just wing it but we've been making them for years so eyeballing it works for us. You can use pretty much any flavor pudding too, and if you use flavored liquor you can make some really cool combos. Pudding shots can easily get you just as stupid drunk as jello does, they just happen to taste more like an ice cream treat or something, lol. Some people mix in baileys or kahlua but that could take away from the flavor-I don't use either, personally.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search