Asking members not to post about their losses

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree24Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2012, 11:12 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do have to say that when I lost my 41 weeker, I did not have a single negative thing said to me. I thought the JM community was very warm and loving. They really did help me.

Especially since we had 2 stillbirths in a 5 week period when we were all close or at full term.

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

July 11th, 2012, 05:35 PM
*Leslie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Leslie* Send a message via Yahoo to *Leslie*
This is reason #1,244 why I don't like DDC's and will never be a part of one again.

July 11th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Hey... Where's Perry?'s Avatar Darnit face
What is reason #1,243?
July 12th, 2012, 06:48 AM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
I don't think its appropriate to ask that of people for any reason. I know it can be hard to read about others losses when you are pregnant but lets face reality - stuff happens that you don't want to think about. A healthy dose of reality never hurt anyone in the long term.

I see a lot of women post a warning, like "loss mentioned", that way mothers-to-be who don't think they can cope with reading about it know to avoid the topic or post. I think that's a fair compromise.

Pinterest
Flickr
July 12th, 2012, 02:55 PM
*Leslie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Leslie* Send a message via Yahoo to *Leslie*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey... Where's Perry? View Post
What is reason #1,243?
Probably the fact that nothing can be debated in the DDC's even when people are saying things that are downright ridiculous.
#1,242 is people flouncing and then the sunshine and rainbow crew swooping in to beg them to stay.
#1,241 is the crazy amount of trolls and drama queens
#1,240 - lame *** names for DDC's and sub-threads (and I esp. love people fighting over it)
#1,239 - People getting all butt hurt if someone doesn't agree with them
#1,238 - The ridiculous amount of threads containing idiotic questions that can be easily answered by google.

I could go on all day.

July 12th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Hey... Where's Perry?'s Avatar Darnit face
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliek0211 View Post
Probably the fact that nothing can be debated in the DDC's even when people are saying things that are downright ridiculous.
#1,242 is people flouncing and then the sunshine and rainbow crew swooping in to beg them to stay.
#1,240 - lame *** names for DDC's and sub-threads (and I esp. love people fighting over it)
#1,238 - The ridiculous amount of threads containing idiotic questions that can be easily answered by google.

I could go on all day.
LOL!

I was on a different website and my birth board was awesome (2006). I have met 2 of them in real life and am friends with a good amount to this day. We had silly things here and there but nothing compared to DDC horror stories I hear on this website.
July 13th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliek0211 View Post

I could go on all day.
I knew there was a silver lining to having to adopt

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search