Clothing restrictions on kids

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 15th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
Unfortunately, it's not a new level of snob for me. I see it a lot here too. That's the kind of opinion that makes me give even less of a ****(if at all possible) than I already do about what my kids wear.

Naive wouldn't even be the proper word to use in any scenario there, lol. It doesn't fit the situation whatsoever. Unless the poster is discussing themselves. If that's the case, yes, you're a naive snob.
July 17th, 2012, 10:32 AM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmunoz8517 View Post
For the boys, I prefer them to wear jeans an d a polo style shirt when leaving the house. They have character shirts they wear at home and to play in but I just don't care for character clothes in general. If we are going out to eat (aside from fast food) They have to wear jeans and not shorts (again shorts are just something I see as play clothes I guess. . . . .thanks mom!)

For my daughter (and same will apply for the one on the way) She has to be able to bend over with nothing hanging out the back. Shorts are a must under skirts and dresses (no matter how long, kids will be kids!!). She does do pageants so she gets to wear some makeup for that. But her rules for pageant clothes are even stricter than her rules for street clothes. I am ok with her swimming in a two piece, and because of her body type it is a necessity. She is so long and skinny that if I get a one piece it is either so tight it tugs down in the front and up at the bottom, or it is so loose on bottom you can see her girl parts. On stage she is not allowed to wear a swimsuit at all. Swimsuits are for swimming not for prancing around in front of people with hair and makeup up done. in fact she is not allowed to show her belly at all at pageants.

She likes to wear dresses and skirts most of the time, and would wear heels every day if I let her. But I won't.

I dress modestly and basically if its something I wouldn't wear, she won't wear it.

I may change a little when she is a teenager depending on how she acts and her body type
What if your son wanted to wear a character shirt and shorts out though? I really don't get why you wouldn't let your child have some say in what he wants to wear. I am not a huge fan of character shirts, but you can bet if we are out and my son wants one I will get it for him (if it isn't expensive). It won't be something for him to wear at home only, either. Maybe it is just me, but I would think my son would like to show others the shirt he picked out for himself.

Last edited by *Jennifer*; July 17th, 2012 at 12:28 PM.
July 17th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm far from naive...... My dd lives in spaghetti strap tank tops & booty shorts. She's a dancer & a gymnastic. Her clothes fit her & she looks fabulous.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
August 15th, 2012, 05:29 PM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If it doesn't make them scream in horror at the feel of it against their skin and it fits into the dress code for school, they can wear it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search