child at waterpark naked

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2006, 06:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
okay.

So, I think this is TOTALLY wrong. Call me paranoid sure.

I went to this park by my house today. It has a little outdoor waterpark thing. well just these thigns that spray water. Anyways there was this little girl about 3yrs old with just a bikini top on and was naked past that. I dont know. With all the weirdos out there now, I wouldnt do that ever. Than the kid was like, "washing her butt" (her words) with the sprinkler that came from the ground, but it looked much worse.

I dont know. I thought it was pretty sick. Like there are tons of swim diapers out there these days. If you had to cover anything , that would be the first place i woudl cover. A vagina is a vagina.
August 21st, 2006, 06:08 PM
crunchymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yeah that is asking for trouble. I don't think there is anything wrong with a 3 year old being naked but there is a lot of things wrong with the people in this world.
August 21st, 2006, 06:09 PM
donomama
I don't think you're being paranoid at all. That is weird! Even when I have to change my kids diapers outside or something, I feel a little strange and totally try to cover them up. You don't know what kind of psychos can be our there these days, and I just would never want my kid to be something they got off on or anything.
August 21st, 2006, 06:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Not to mention the sanitary factor.... poop can get a lot of people sick, especially at a water park.
August 21st, 2006, 06:11 PM
dreamspirals's Avatar Veteran
Uh yeah, she needed to be covered up. I don't think there's anything wrong with somebody that young being naked, my kids took off their clothes a few times in the back yard when they were younger, but not in public. The sad truth is we live in a sick world where some people look at children sexually. It's sick that we have to protect our kids from those perverts, but we do.
August 21st, 2006, 06:28 PM
Boxerlove1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Things sure have changed since I was little. I remember naked kids running around the beach and pools all the time.

Honestly, I dont think they are any more at risk now than back then. We are just more aware of the sicko-s now, and thusly, more paranoid.

<div align="center"></div>
Agatha Christie</span>
August 21st, 2006, 06:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
She didnt have a poopy bum, It looked more liek she was enjoying the sprinkler. I dunno. Either way, there were a lot of ppl there and she was 3ish. I mean a newborn or baby chaning a diaper, not a huuuge deal. However, when they are that age, thats the age molesters like the most. And I mean, if she had half a bikini, where was the other. I would def put a swim diaper on, regardless if she was potty trained or not. I dont know, ppl dont really realize how many disgusting ppl there are out there. THis was just wrong to me. I can understand a kid in thier backyard running around naked but not in public.
August 21st, 2006, 06:35 PM
donomama
Kind of O/T, but what is up with toddlers in bikinis anyway? Who wants their kids to look sexy? If it has strings and the triangle top, you should at least have boobs, imo!
August 21st, 2006, 06:55 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
I would have my daughter covered in public. To many sick people in this world.

Michael(17), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(9), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(3), Ronan(1)
August 21st, 2006, 07:11 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
You would think the parent would cover their child up it's not like the child knows any better to do so on her own. I work at a pool and I seen a mother last week bring her daughter to the baby pool with no top on. I know the child was only 2 or 3 and has nothing there to show anyways but I still thought she should be covered up.[/b]
LOL I was always wearing a bikini bottom & no top when I was a kid. I never thought a thing of it & I was MUCH older than the litel one you talk of. When I went to Europe a few years ago I love d that all the littel girls were running around toples s- as I can remember how free it felt & how oppressed I felt when I hit an age my mom told me to put a top on - I didn't have bb's yet still & the boys didn't have to wear a top. I highly doubt I will make my daughters wear tops at the beach/pool either. Maybe it's becasue my mm's family immigrated from Czechoslovakia - I don't know? What is funny is that I was also raised to dress conservatively & by high school you could hardly get me in a swimsuit - let along topless...but at 6yrs old - I was lucky to be found in swim bottoms (not in public though - like at my gram's house on the lake, etc.)

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

August 21st, 2006, 08:33 PM
kadydid
Quote:
okay.

I went to this park by my house today. It has a little outdoor waterpark thing. well just these thigns that spray water. Anyways there was this little girl about 3yrs old with just a bikini top on and was naked past that. I dont know. With all the weirdos out there now, I wouldnt do that ever. Than the kid was like, "washing her butt" (her words) with the sprinkler that came from the ground, but it looked much worse.

I dont know. I thought it was pretty sick. Like there are tons of swim diapers out there these days. If you had to cover anything , that would be the first place i woudl cover. A vagina is a vagina.[/b]
Ya, I think they should be covered too. Way to many pervs in the world. I do however let Owen run around naked in our back yard. It's fenced, and there is some distance between that area and any neighbors so it's pretty unlikely that anyone could see him. I love it when he runs in the sprinkler and then sits in the sandbox Then his butt looks like a sugar cookie.
August 22nd, 2006, 04:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I do think there is something wrong about that for the same reason others have said...but I don't see an issue with bikini's on toddlers if they are the kind that is like boy shorts and a halter top...the string bikini's, yeah that's a little much and I wouldn't put my daughter in that, but a suit like THIS is adorable and I would have no problem putting her in. I also see no issue with bottoms and no top at that age...I mean, a 3 year old girl looks just like a 3 year old boy in that respect....
August 22nd, 2006, 07:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I rather see a kid without a top on than a kid without bottoms. Id ont know. I wentto the beach and let her go in a swim diaper, Or in a backyard. No boobs developed yet. However, a vagina is always a vagina.
August 22nd, 2006, 08:47 AM
crunchymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wouldn't ahve a problem with no top on a girl that small just no bottom.
August 22nd, 2006, 11:39 AM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
Aw, I have a little bikini for Julia! I don't think anything's wrong with that - I'm not trying to make her look "sexy" it's just an adorable swimsuit! ...Not like we get to use it, it never gets warm enough here! lol

In general, no I don't see a problem with it. It's too bad we live in a world today where we have to have a problem with it. When I was a kid I used to run around our backyard buck naked. I had a one-piece swimsuit, tho lol Maybe they didn't make kid bikinis back then? lol
August 22nd, 2006, 12:07 PM
Kelly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I see nothing wrong with it personally. But I do agree, I'd never let my girl (if I had one) go bottomless. I wouldn't even let my son now (almost 11 months) go bottomless. There are people out there who do like babies *shudder*
Due January 2nd with baby #3!

August 22nd, 2006, 02:57 PM
DahliaMarie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to DahliaMarie Send a message via Yahoo to DahliaMarie
Quote:
okay.

I dont know. I thought it was pretty sick. Like there are tons of swim diapers out there these days. If you had to cover anything , that would be the first place i woudl cover. A vagina is a vagina.[/b]
This is weird to me. I don't see anything wrong with naked babies/children, but just out in the open around strangers... just doesn't seem right. There are some sick freaking people out there, and if putting some clothes on a kid can provide a "barrier" from these people getting their kicks, why not just put it on?

<div align="center"></div>
August 22nd, 2006, 04:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
exactly. i am not saying naked outside in the private of your own backyard, or what not. Just not in public. You are just asking for trouble then.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search