Supporting the Troops

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2007, 07:25 PM
short_n_swt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you really support the troops overseas? Or do you support the reason they are there?

(I know a lot of women on JM have S/O's that are deployed and just FTR this is not to put anyone down)

April 2nd, 2007, 07:28 PM
Veteran
OH dear..
April 2nd, 2007, 07:29 PM
eash's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think that we have done this topic a million times but to play -
I support the troops, I do not support this war or this president. I believe that you can support one without the other.
April 2nd, 2007, 07:36 PM
Veteran
^Agreed.

And personally, I love the drama, so CARRY ON thread!

ETA: I wasn't agreeing with your viewpoint---just the "you can support the troops and not the war/govt" part
April 2nd, 2007, 07:57 PM
Caeden'sMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't support the reason the troops are there, but i DO support them in wanting to get them home, OUT OF that situation. So yes, i think by NOT supporting the war, i AM supporting the troops... if that makes sense.
April 2nd, 2007, 08:19 PM
Heatherly's Avatar Veteran
I support anyone who says, "My country needs me. I signed the dotted line. I follow through with my committment." So I definitely support the troops.

I really only know what the NEWS reports about the war. I don't know enough REAL facts to know whether we should be in Iraq or not.

I wish we weren't there.
I wish our troops could come home.
I wish I never had to hear about another life lost there.

Heatherly, Mom of Logan and Lucas
Wife of Frank

April 2nd, 2007, 09:12 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
of course I support the troops. I don't agree with the war we are in, but the fault doesn't lay with them.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
April 2nd, 2007, 10:02 PM
irishxrose
I absolutely support the troops. I absolutely DO NOT support the war and why we are there.
April 2nd, 2007, 10:07 PM
If you purchase 'support the troops' merchandise, aren't you technically supporting why they are there?

April 2nd, 2007, 11:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Um I support the troops... ALOT. I believe we are there for the greater good... but everyone does not see it. This is why I AM taking my camera and will show the world that their is good

Thank you Jacquie for the beautiful siggy!

Getting ready to do what I do!!!! One day at a time! Protecting your freedom!
April 3rd, 2007, 05:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The greater good is trying to make their country a better place to live... whether you see it or not. I dont see you over there helping these people have free standing lives. So you have no room to comment.

Thank you Jacquie for the beautiful siggy!

Getting ready to do what I do!!!! One day at a time! Protecting your freedom!
April 3rd, 2007, 05:28 AM
LaceyMommy2B
Quote:
The greater good is trying to make their country a better place to live... whether you see it or not. I dont see you over there helping these people have free standing lives. So you have no room to comment.[/b]
ITA.
April 3rd, 2007, 05:28 AM
Pure Innocence
I support the troops.
April 3rd, 2007, 06:34 AM
Quote:
The greater good is trying to make their country a better place to live... whether you see it or not. I dont see you over there helping these people have free standing lives. So you have no room to comment.[/b]
I don't think the media shows what goes on over there to the full extent, because to be honest with you, all I hear everytime I turn on the tv news is more suicide bombings, and hearing that we are killing our own, not to mention the fact that I just read an article about how the midwives in Iraq can't safetly practice anymore, and now they are having to have patience secretly in their home to deliver their babies. I am one of the people who honestly see no 'help' being offered. Suicide bombers aren't going to change, it's what they believe in, that 'God' sent them to kill more people to bring to 'God'. Bringing in guns and such isn't helping that to me. But like I said, I only see what the media portrays to us. I'm just tired of always seeing soldiers killed, and if you think the soldiers will get pulled out of there without the States or Canada paying consequences after, well that's another thing coming. I for one, would like to see pictures of what is really going on there.

April 3rd, 2007, 07:10 AM
babyreaves's Avatar Super Mommy
I support the troops and the families of the military members and fallen soldiers....Not many people get an inside look into the life of a military spouse/child and they need support as well....there is a great book I just finished...."While They're At War" by Kristin Henderson.....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search