A matter of when and where

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2007, 07:40 PM
(Mayhem)'s Avatar ~!Theresa!~
Send a message via MSN to (Mayhem)
Ok, I don't post here much at all, but I have an issue that I need to know if I am blowing out of proportion or if there are others that share my views.

I am absolutly sick of the ads on JM showing half naked women. I am sure that you are aware of the ads I am talking about. They appear both at the top of the page and at the bottom all over the site.
Personally I am offended and upset about these ads. I feel that if there is any place on the net where a woman can get away from degrading uses of sexuality then this would be it. I feel these ads have no place on a site such as this.

I had a baby 6 months ago and everytime I see one of these ads I feel as if I am not "up to par". It is like having something you want so bad rubbed in your face. I feel like ##### about my body everytime I see one of these ads. I am tired of it! There are enough places on the internet for this type of thing, it doesn't need to be here!

April 28th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Tanya G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wow i can honestly say i've never noticed any half naked women ads on here? but I can totally see your point.

Thank you Rawisner for the Siggy!

April 28th, 2007, 07:45 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I haven't ever noticed either but ads annoy me so much that I rarely pay attention to them. I'm going to have to start looking. Everything on the page right now seems ok but I will keep my eyes open for it.

April 28th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Tanya G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yes they definitely seem very good about removing anything offensive.

Thank you Rawisner for the Siggy!

April 28th, 2007, 07:55 PM
I have and I am awaiting a reply.

April 28th, 2007, 08:00 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Theresa

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

April 28th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Veteran
I suggest you check out :
www.theshapeofamother.com
April 29th, 2007, 12:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I completely agree, I have offed the monitor a few times when my adolecent son comes to me. I am beyond the point of worrying about me matching up to the bikini bottom woman that pops up, but I don't want my kids staring at her backside either...

Mama to:
Nick, 18
Abby, 16
Gabe, 14
Isaac, 12
Mary-Kate, 11
Sam, 9
Henry, 8
Molly, 7
Mark, 5
Greta, 4
Cecilia,2
Josephine,1
Baby due Jan. 2014
April 29th, 2007, 04:06 AM
LaceyMommy2B
i suppose unless we want to pay for the site, we have to deal with whatever keeps the site going ya know? i completely understand but id rather see it than have to pay to be on here personally. i dont like seeing the women either, i havent yet, but have no doubt they are there.. i just never pay attention i guess or id be down on myself.. its only been 5 mos since i had my daughter n i am not up to par with any good looking woman yet! id rather keep the ads than pay for my JM tho!! im cheap lol!
April 29th, 2007, 05:31 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've honestly not noticed the ads.... because I don't pay attention to ANY of the ads anyway.

However, if I were to see it... I'd have no issue with it. And I definitely don't find it to be something that is being shoved in my face, or anyone's face for that matter.

I'm sorry you feel that way.
April 29th, 2007, 09:08 AM
koakoba's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
JM is supported by an advertising company and they only have so much say in what can and cannot go up. We are all women, I think a woman's body is beautiful, no matter the shape.
They do go out on a limb for us though, they stop the "pop up" ads that go across the page and cover it (except Circit City - who is a big $ contributer, so we have to let them)
So I wouldn't make too much of a stink, it's not really in their hands, and you wouldn't want to have to pay for the site, would you? I mean, it's nothing vulger, members post more exposed shots then that

</div>
April 29th, 2007, 09:19 AM
asianmama
what ads are u talking about??????? the only one i seen is the victoria secret banner... dont find it offensive cuz i shop there....
April 29th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think these are the ones she means:

I see them all the time. In fact I just snagged this one right now at the bottom of this board's index (Heated Debates).

April 29th, 2007, 09:39 AM
rdhdtrue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rdhdtrue
The Brittany bulging eye one is creepy too!!! But I agree that to keep this a free site we will have to deal with ads we do not like. I can see where the admin would not have much control over them.
April 29th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
There a LOT of half naked ADS here. A LOT.

It does bother me too actually. I don't like it BUT I realize I have to put up with it. I wish there was an option of having ads removed if we pay a small fee or something.
April 29th, 2007, 10:26 AM
koakoba's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
There a LOT of half naked ADS here. A LOT.

It does bother me too actually. I don't like it BUT I realize I have to put up with it. I wish there was an option of having ads removed if we pay a small fee or something.[/b]
You may want to check into that - there is an option to have a paid supscription to this site. I'm not sure what "perks" you get for it, but maybe that's one of them?

</div>
April 29th, 2007, 10:53 AM
irishxrose
Wow I've never noticed besides the Victoria's Secret ad. That one above is pretty bad!
April 29th, 2007, 11:09 AM
There is that ad and one other ad that is very simliar. In my opinion, this is not the place for it. I understand that the site needs the ads to keep it free but there are many more ads that could be put in place. And in reality that ad is not effective here anyway, tell me how much business they are going to generate by having that ad here. I know it is not put there purposely, but I do feel it is very innaproperate and completely unjustifiable!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search