Ghosts

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Caeden'sMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just wondering people's thoughts and experiences... Do you all believe in ghosts/spirits/etc...? Why or why not?
April 29th, 2007, 06:00 PM
lotus86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lotus86 Send a message via Yahoo to lotus86
I do believe in both ghosts and spirits Ghosts, I believe, are earthbound and have not yet gone to the Other side (heaven), while Spirits have already gone to the Other side and may choose to come back and visit from time to time. I believe in Spirits from personal experience. I've had visits from relatives that have passed on, most recently my grandfather (he passed in March). He's quite pesty and likes to do things that make a lot of noise or otherwise scare the bejeezus out of me until I realize what's happening I have not had personal firsthand experience with a ghost that I can recall, but since I was very young I have always believed. I could post a pretty crazy pic taken in my MIL's house if you all would want to see it.

ETA: My DF is very receptive to ghosts, and has had many experiences since he was a little boy, some of which were frightening for him. When I was pregnant and we lived at my MILs house, he woke up in the middle of the night and turned over to see a girl with blonde hair floating above our bed, and after a few seconds she disappeared. He said he wasn't scared at all and knew she wasn't there to scare him, just to say hello. I am still really mad I missed that
April 29th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Caeden&#39;sMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I do believe in both ghosts and spirits Ghosts, I believe, are earthbound and have not yet gone to the Other side (heaven), while Spirits have already gone to the Other side and may choose to come back and visit from time to time. I believe in Spirits from personal experience. I've had visits from relatives that have passed on, most recently my grandfather (he passed in March). He's quite pesty and likes to do things that make a lot of noise or otherwise scare the bejeezus out of me until I realize what's happening I have not had personal firsthand experience with a ghost that I can recall, but since I was very young I have always believed. I could post a pretty crazy pic taken in my MIL's house if you all would want to see it.

ETA: My DF is very receptive to ghosts, and has had many experiences since he was a little boy, some of which were frightening for him. When I was pregnant and we lived at my MILs house, he woke up in the middle of the night and turned over to see a girl with blonde hair floating above our bed, and after a few seconds she disappeared. He said he wasn't scared at all and knew she wasn't there to scare him, just to say hello. I am still really mad I missed that [/b]
Yes please!
April 29th, 2007, 06:12 PM
You asked for it This was taken on Halloween of 2004 (so stereotypical, I know), and the head in the picture is BIL's MIL is very intrigued by the paranormal and she's really receptive too (I think she may actually be a medium). She had a weird feeling and snapped a pic and this is what she got. This has not been edited in any way.

April 29th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
From my religion, I shouldn't believe in ghosts/spirits but I guess my faith in that part is not as strong as it should be because I feel too nervous to say "I don't believe"....I don't want to be proven wrong LOL
April 29th, 2007, 06:15 PM
asianmama
only when i am pregnant do i see spirits.obs.angels. what ever u want to call them.. with my daughter it was my grandma who died the year befor i was pregnant. also my daughter name sake( we used gma name for ashlyns middle name). she would show up at EVERY DR appointment... my dr thought i was wacko.... then with alex i dont know who was there but it was two figures... both were very demonic looking.. scared the crap out of me... i woke up having the feeling i was being watched and at the foot of my bed were these two figures one male and one female...they had demonic grins and piercing eyes... i took the blankets and cover my head and when i took the covers off -1 or 2 minutes later they were gone... still dont know who they were....
April 29th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Quote:
You asked for it This was taken on Halloween of 2004 (so stereotypical, I know), and the head in the picture is BIL's MIL is very intrigued by the paranormal and she's really receptive too (I think she may actually be a medium). She had a weird feeling and snapped a pic and this is what she got. This has not been edited in any way.

[/b]
I love it!! That's so cool... (Sorry, i think this stuff is neat... lol.)

Thank you for sharing!
April 29th, 2007, 06:16 PM
asianmama
freaky.... the picture wasnt there when i made my comment
April 29th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Quote:
only when i am pregnant do i see spirits.obs.angels. what ever u want to call them.. with my daughter it was my grandma who died the year befor i was pregnant. also my daughter name sake( we used gma name for ashlyns middle name). she would show up at EVERY DR appointment... my dr thought i was wacko.... then with alex i dont know who was there but it was two figures... both were very demonic looking.. scared the crap out of me... i woke up having the feeling i was being watched and at the foot of my bed were these two figures one male and one female...they had demonic grins and piercing eyes... i took the blankets and cover my head and when i took the covers off -1 or 2 minutes later they were gone... still dont know who they were....[/b]
It's funny you say that about orbs. When I was pregnant, if my MIL would take a picture of her living room with me in it, there would be at least 10 in every picture. It was kind of annoying really and it ruined a lot of really good pictures. When I had Ryleigh, no more orbs
April 29th, 2007, 06:18 PM
asianmama
shiny white lights every time... it got annoying during u/s and actual medical testing,....
April 29th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Lesliemck86's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:

[/b]
I love it!! That's so cool... (Sorry, i think this stuff is neat... lol.)

Thank you for sharing!
[/b]
That is creepy....!!!

</div>
April 29th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
Yes, I believe in ghosts.

April 29th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
if this was a poll, I"d be one of those people that just votes but doesnt add anything. I'd just vote no, but have nothing to add on why not.. just dont

April 29th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
In 1997, my sister-in-law died and when we got home, very, very late at night because we were with the family....We came home and the couch was lit up very, very bright! It turned out a flash light was in the bottom of our couch and lit up the fabric - This has never, ever happened so I was freaked out - my dh was like, if it's my sister, it shouldn't scare us right? I was still scared!
Also her cat ran away from home the same day she died - She was 14 years old so it was very strange because we kept trying to find her so she wouldn't be left alone but she never came home (I had seen her the day before because I was there the day before).
My church says there is no such thing as ghosts and spirits but that day I did believe and since I've lost people close to me, I want to believe they are talking to me or that I can talk to them
April 29th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Quote:
if this was a poll, I"d be one of those people that just votes but doesnt add anything. I'd just vote no, but have nothing to add on why not.. just dont[/b]
Hmm... Maybe i should have made it a poll... lol. Oh well. If anything, making you respond helped your post count, right?
April 29th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
well not having a poll MADE me respond! sometimes the ones with polls get tons of votes but few responses.. i think you did good

April 29th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Quote:
well not having a poll MADE me respond! sometimes the ones with polls get tons of votes but few responses.. i think you did good[/b]
I HATE when no one responds to a poll! I wanna at least know why everyone voted the way I did, which is probably why I don't make polls anymore - I prefer to force people's opinions out of them

Quote:
In 1997, my sister-in-law died and when we got home, very, very late at night because we were with the family....We came home and the couch was lit up very, very bright! It turned out a flash light was in the bottom of our couch and lit up the fabric - This has never, ever happened so I was freaked out - my dh was like, if it's my sister, it shouldn't scare us right? I was still scared!
Also her cat ran away from home the same day she died - She was 14 years old so it was very strange because we kept trying to find her so she wouldn't be left alone but she never came home (I had seen her the day before because I was there the day before).
My church says there is no such thing as ghosts and spirits but that day I did believe and since I've lost people close to me, I want to believe they are talking to me or that I can talk to them[/b]
What a great story! I love hearing people's stories about encounters with spirits. My grandfather likes to jiggle our front doorknob. I think it's his way of making sure I get exercise since I have to keep getting up and looking out the peephole He also causes some weird electrical interference noises w/ our alarm clock - particularly at 4 in the morning
April 29th, 2007, 07:23 PM
asianmama
Quote:
What a great story! I love hearing people's stories about encounters with spirits. My grandfather likes to jiggle our front doorknob. I think it's his way of making sure I get exercise since I have to keep getting up and looking out the peephole He also causes some weird electrical interference noises w/ our alarm clock - particularly at 4 in the morning [/b]
hmmmmmmmm now i am wondering... my daughters radio gets broken up with electrical interference.... hmmmmmmmm.. it happens when the radio play only certain country songs.... -- i loved her first by heartland, holes in the floor of heaven, two tear drops, and another song... i am going blank on the name or who sings it.... will edit when i find out what song i am think bout...

figure out the song- cuz it just happen--- colin rayes if u get there befor i do........ creepy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search