victoria secret and BFing

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2007, 02:02 AM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
ok so im sure you all know about the sit-in in january...
here's the link if you didn't know about it:
http://health.dailynewscentral.com/c...ew/0002331/52/

well, i work at VS and im a BFing mom. and i have to admit that i feel so defensive when around BFing moms now because i feel they feel that we're all young immature anti-BFing woman that work there, and that they expect us to not understand feeding times. yet here i am a slinging, cosleeping, BFing mommy and i appreciate BFing.

i just want to honestly ask you all, because of the vistoria secret issue, do you now feel a certain way towards the stores? or the people that work there? do you just expect all VS associates to not be understanding or rude about BFing? if you have gone in there since the sit-ins have you felt a certain way or felt you were treated a certain way?
² married to matt ²
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
²

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I ♥ triathlon, running & hot yoga!
April 30th, 2007, 08:43 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
to be honest, I won't step foot in a VS store any longer. Not just for that reason, but I hate the way you guys measure bra's! I prefer a true fit, not an "add four inches here and subtract from the cup size" fit. But I won't even buy anything from there because of how many times VS has made it in the news for BF stuff.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
April 30th, 2007, 11:56 AM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
^^ just to let you know i don't measure like that and have never been wrong. the way the videao shows us isn't accurate in my opinion but it works for some. it really sucks that they aren't more strict with who they put where in the store. in our store, (we are a very large store with a manager that was inthe top 3 for the whole company for the past 2 seasons since i have been working there and she has been in the company for 25 years), we assign people to their strong areas, we don't just throw anyone anywhere. we take it seriously and i wish every single person in the US could come to our store. it makes me sad how inaccurate and unprofessional other stores are.
² married to matt ²
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
²

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I ♥ triathlon, running & hot yoga!
April 30th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Nope, I still buy clothes from VS, and one of my best friends works there! I have nursed in there before and was never given a problem about it, I think they know better now!
May 15th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Ok what happened with VS and BF???? Will they not make nursing bras or something???? I nurse and love it are they against it or something???

[b]Wife to Allen, the LOVE of my life since 2004</span>
May 17th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Caeden&#39;sMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Ok what happened with VS and BF???? Will they not make nursing bras or something???? I nurse and love it are they against it or something???[/b]
Hmm... i don't know if they make nursing bras or not. i don't THINK so, but can't say for sure. But the big stink over them is that they've made the news several times for kicking nursing moms out of their stores. There've been a lot of staged nurse-ins and stuff like that... So yeah, they're not known for being very breastfeeding friendly.
June 1st, 2007, 09:03 AM
CeiCei's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CeiCei Send a message via MSN to CeiCei Send a message via Yahoo to CeiCei
that didn't affect me at all about VS...I simply don't go there anyhow, mostly because I am cheap..VS is too expensive..However, I think it should be based on the store individually and not the entire company...Not every store is the same...I work for Arby's and think our store is great, but not every Arby's is the same...

My Three Princes: Cordell (23 y/o), Ernest (5 y/o), Robert (4 y/o)

June 1st, 2007, 09:09 AM
*Aspen*
I've never bought anything from VS.....maybe one day I will, but it's too expensive for me. I don't think all employees of VS are anti-breastfeeding so I wouldn't treat anyone with disrespect. I would only have a problem if someone started harrassing me no matter where you work.
June 6th, 2007, 05:11 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
I love VS and wish they made nursing bras! I fill out comment cards asking for just that whenever I am in a VS. I never felt any anti-BF vibes, in fact I have nursed in the fitting room in a chair with no problems from the staff or customers.... I hadn't even heard there was any controversy.

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
June 21st, 2007, 05:53 AM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
I dunno, I've nursed in the VC in NJ without a problem many times. That's actually the only place that I can find a bra that fits correctly.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search