S/O Michelle's environmental comment...

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2007, 12:12 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
E ~ I do respect you and you must know by now every time you deny the enivornment, you break a piece of me.. I think I might need to get a stress ball for every little tiny comment you make!!! (Oh yes I see them and just bite my tongue!))[/b]
I don't deny the environment, I deny Gore's fantasy of it.

You'd be VERY surprised what I do that saves the environment. Mostyl I do it in the name of NOT supporting terrorist oil. But it does also cut our electric bill and reduce our "emissions"....

We have those stupid take 5 minutes to light up lightbulbs throughout the house. ANND I know the mercury in them is bad for ground water so I'm collecting them in a box in the garage until proper recycling exists.

We have now installed solar panels to TRULY offset our electricity usage, not absolutions like Gore.

We replaced all our windows and doors to gain greater efficiency as part of our remodel. We've even removed 4 Windows.

We're adding to the old insulation with thicker new insulation everytime we replace an outside wall.

We spend most of our time in the basement which requires only a small space heater in the winter, and keep our Central H/AC turned down.

I do not eat beef or pork. (except ham at holidays, I can't help it)

We recycle what we can. I sell or give away the kids' old clothes.

I buy local produce whenever I can.

I also buy organic products whenever I can. Including organic cotton clothing for the kids.

We do more, but I did want to say just because I believe Gore is an idiot, I still do my part to conserve and recycle.

E

May 1st, 2007, 12:14 PM
mrobinson
May 1st, 2007, 12:23 PM
tevinsangel
That is a good idea about storing the light bulbs in a box until proper disposal can be made. I was wondering what we were going to do with ours when they do finally burn out.
May 1st, 2007, 12:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think many would be superised just how much many of us conservative folks do out of concern for the footprint we leave on the earth. One can indeed care for the environment, yet not agree with Gore!

Mama to:
Nick, 18
Abby, 16
Gabe, 14
Isaac, 12
Mary-Kate, 11
Sam, 9
Henry, 8
Molly, 7
Mark, 5
Greta, 4
Cecilia,2
Josephine,1
Baby due Jan. 2014
May 1st, 2007, 01:00 PM
Caeden'sMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
E ~ I do respect you and you must know by now every time you deny the enivornment, you break a piece of me.. I think I might need to get a stress ball for every little tiny comment you make!!! (Oh yes I see them and just bite my tongue!))[/b]
I don't deny the environment, I deny Gore's fantasy of it.

You'd be VERY surprised what I do that saves the environment. Mostyl I do it in the name of NOT supporting terrorist oil. But it does also cut our electric bill and reduce our "emissions"....

We have those stupid take 5 minutes to light up lightbulbs throughout the house. ANND I know the mercury in them is bad for ground water so I'm collecting them in a box in the garage until proper recycling exists.

We have now installed solar panels to TRULY offset our electricity usage, not absolutions like Gore.

We replaced all our windows and doors to gain greater efficiency as part of our remodel. We've even removed 4 Windows.

We're adding to the old insulation with thicker new insulation everytime we replace an outside wall.

We spend most of our time in the basement which requires only a small space heater in the winter, and keep our Central H/AC turned down.

I do not eat beef or pork. (except ham at holidays, I can't help it)

We recycle what we can. I sell or give away the kids' old clothes.

I buy local produce whenever I can.

I also buy organic products whenever I can. Including organic cotton clothing for the kids.

We do more, but I did want to say just because I believe Gore is an idiot, I still do my part to conserve and recycle.

E
[/b]
Just curious... What does eating beef and pork have to do with the environment?
May 1st, 2007, 01:06 PM
Super Mommy
Apparently livestock (especially cows and pigs and sheep, which I do not eat either) produce a LARGE quantity of methane which is a greenhouse gas.

I quit eating them A LONG time ago because I went vegan. I'm not vegan anymore, but I do restrict my meat intake because I don't like them.

E

May 1st, 2007, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Apparently livestock (especially cows and pigs and sheep, which I do not eat either) produce a LARGE quantity of methane which is a greenhouse gas.[/b]
Well, then doesn't eating them make sense? They're not producing methane anymore in our stomachs...

(And yes, i know it's the demand for them that causes us to breed so many. Just teasing. )
May 1st, 2007, 01:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
When WE eat them, We then produce methane! LOL! (I do eat meat, all the time! )

Mama to:
Nick, 18
Abby, 16
Gabe, 14
Isaac, 12
Mary-Kate, 11
Sam, 9
Henry, 8
Molly, 7
Mark, 5
Greta, 4
Cecilia,2
Josephine,1
Baby due Jan. 2014
May 1st, 2007, 01:20 PM
Cereal Killer's Avatar I'm climbin' in yo window
That just reminded me of a bumper sticker I saw once:
"If God didn't want us to eat meat, then why did he make the animals taste so good"

May 1st, 2007, 01:39 PM
Super Mommy
you ladies are funny!!!

I honestly did not know how "cruchy" my life was until I put it up against my "nemesis" on another board and other than bf (b/c I can't) and home made baby food and cding, I was pretty durn good! LOL And I'm definitely more environmentally conscious than Mr. Gore.

And I'm a card carrying conservative. Yanno, cruel, heartless, environment hating, Republican!

E

May 1st, 2007, 10:54 PM
Quote:
you ladies are funny!!!

I honestly did not know how "cruchy" my life was until I put it up against my "nemesis" on another board and other than bf (b/c I can't) and home made baby food and cding, I was pretty durn good! LOL And I'm definitely more environmentally conscious than Mr. Gore.

And I'm a card carrying conservative. Yanno, cruel, heartless, environment hating, Republican!

E[/b]
Watch out! You don't want Michelle quoting you again!
May 2nd, 2007, 08:32 AM
Super Mommy
Awwwwww, heck I'm giving her good quotes now.

My 5 yo came home yesterday from school and said "Mom, if the Republicans don't quit destroying the rain forests, we're not gonna have nuts, bannanas or chocolate!" LOVELY....

Homeschooling is sounding better and better!

E

May 2nd, 2007, 01:45 PM
mrobinson
^ I loves my chocolate!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search