Penis Envy

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2007, 09:10 PM
Veteran
Um--I hope that word is okay to use here. The whole thing with Freud and the Alexa/Electra and Oedipus complex's(one of those).. Is it just me-or are those theories just a bit whacky?

I, for one, did NOT have penis envy. Well, other than wishing I could also stand to pee.
May 1st, 2007, 09:13 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
LOL considering this is a mommies board I hope we are able to handle the word penis!

Yes I think those theories are a bit wacky though I guess in most theories there is also a bit of truth.

I would also love to be able to pee standing up! Men have got it easy!

May 1st, 2007, 09:28 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
As much training as I've had, and as much credit as I'm supposed to give Freud, I voice loudly and often that "I hate Freud and he was a big crock". I guess writing while on cocaine is a big problem for me. We can thank him for at least jump starting the profession, and many still follow him, but I am certainly not one of them. Many disagree, and thats fine, but I find most of his stuff rubbish (including penis envy!)

May 1st, 2007, 09:33 PM
mommyKathyX3
I dont have penis evvy in the slightest, I'm SO completly happy with all the stuff that comes with being a woman. I'd never want it any other way. I definatly see it in some women though. (freud had ISSUES!)

Now my HUSBAND on the other hand has said he has boobie envy! He wishes he had them. lol
May 1st, 2007, 09:34 PM
THATS why they feel so compelled to touch them!!!!

did you just change your screenname?

May 1st, 2007, 09:37 PM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
I've never actually looked up the Freudian definition of penis envy until just now, but wow, I guess it gives a whole new twist to "daddy's girl" Yuck.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penis_envy
May 1st, 2007, 09:41 PM
irishxrose
I find Freud to have been utterly out of his mind. I have never had penis envy, nor do I care to. A few of his theories are just plain wacky.
May 1st, 2007, 09:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have penis envy. I want to stand while peeing. I want to be able to sit in a car and if I have to pee really bad in the middle of no where being able o stand and not having to worry if i peed on my shoe. I also wish i could pee in the snow. Though I think I have figured that one out. A funnel and a tube. I will test this theory one day.

Also for masterbating. I wonder what it feels like for a guy. Other than that.. My alien is just fine!

ETA: If my post made no sense because i didnt read the article, sorry lol. Its late and I am tired. I dont feel like reading.
May 1st, 2007, 09:44 PM
mommyKathyX3
Quote:
THATS why they feel so compelled to touch them!!!!

did you just change your screenname?[/b]
Yep, trying to make it a little less "huh?" when people see it.
May 1st, 2007, 09:50 PM
*Leslie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Leslie* Send a message via Yahoo to *Leslie*
I too don't give much merit to most of Freuds stuff... Some of it makes some sense, but the part that the OP mentioned are the ones that are pretty off... my abnormal psych prof was just talking about it the other day.. some stuff she can say hmmm interesting, and some is just wacky!

<3 August 1st, 2013
<3 November 21st, 2013
<3 October, 19th 2014

May 1st, 2007, 09:50 PM
ok I just wanted to make sure I wasnt crazy!

May 1st, 2007, 09:57 PM
Cereal Killer's Avatar I'm climbin' in yo window
Penises (or is it penii?) are ugly! Why would I ever want one of those things?

May 1st, 2007, 09:58 PM
i have never ever in my life needed to use the plural for penis, because I've never seen more than one at one time, and cant think of a story when I'd have to use the plural!

May 1st, 2007, 10:04 PM
Veteran
"Once upon a time in a store that manufactures penises(penii)"

There ya go.
May 1st, 2007, 10:05 PM
mommyKathyX3
Quote:
i have never ever in my life needed to use the plural for penis, because I've never seen more than one at one time, and cant think of a story when I'd have to use the plural![/b]
I'd like to say that, but working in daycare's I've seen my fair share of them one after another and another and another. I think I had nightmares about changing diapers for a while. . I usually didnt TALK about them though, (oh, other than this one little boy that you couldnt help but go OMG! cause you'd have to "wrap it" to make sure it didnt fall out of his diaper. It was unreal. ok, that was WAY OFF TOPIC) anyway, I think its penises, but not sure. hmmm should look that one up.
May 1st, 2007, 10:07 PM
Veteran
I think it's penises too.
May 1st, 2007, 10:09 PM
Cereal Killer's Avatar I'm climbin' in yo window
Quote:
i have never ever in my life needed to use the plural for penis, because I've never seen more than one at one time, and cant think of a story when I'd have to use the plural![/b]
Well, then, before you get to Texas I must find out the correct plural because I have some stories for you my sister!

May 1st, 2007, 10:12 PM
I'm having fraternity streaking flashbacks now! i think I had suppressed those memories.. oh dear freud!

May 1st, 2007, 10:13 PM
MrsCalhoun's Avatar Ryan Lover
hmmm how do i quote if it's not from the web?? because i have the answer right here in my dictionary

[quote] "Penii" is sometimes facetiously or mistakenly used as a plural form of "penis" instead of "penes" or "penises," its correct form.[/quote

eta: who wants a penis anyways!! Boys have cooties!! LMAO

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search