Tyra show today

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2007, 09:30 AM
irishxrose
Anybody watch Tyra today? It's about kids and race... and I am appalled by this family she has on the show. These parents are Neo-Nazis, and are teaching their children their ways. I am seriously disgusted by this.

I was just wondering if anyone else had watched it.
May 2nd, 2007, 07:11 PM
Pure Innocence
HEY YOU! What happened to boycotting Tyra missy?!?! I'm just playing with you...LOL!! No, I haven't seen it because ever since that one episode I've stopped supporting her. I haven't watched anything she has been in...not the model show or her THS which I really like watching that show...and most certainly not her Tyra show.
May 3rd, 2007, 10:51 AM
Mom2DavidandAaron's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Anybody watch Tyra today? It's about kids and race... and I am appalled by this family she has on the show. These parents are Neo-Nazis, and are teaching their children their ways. I am seriously disgusted by this.

I was just wondering if anyone else had watched it.[/b]
I saw it, but just that one family and the next guest (which I started another thread on before reading this one ).
I was appalled to! The comment that everyone who died on 9/11 were evil, G-d hating people who deserve to die?? WTH? If America is in any way "doomed" it's because of people like this, not good, respectful citizens that are just trying to live their lives.

As for Tyra herself.. I never watch the show as well, it was a coincidence that I was browsing today because Aaron fell asleep on my chest and I just had to watch those idiots I do watch "The Soup" and know that Tyra is too much into herself for my taste...

Sharon
May 3rd, 2007, 11:13 AM
mommyKathyX3
Its only on in the middle of the night around here so I never get to watch it. Not sure if I would even if I could though.
May 3rd, 2007, 11:17 AM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
Quote:
Quote:

I saw it, but just that one family and the next guest (which I started another thread on before reading this one ).
I was appalled to! The comment that everyone who died on 9/11 were evil, G-d hating people who deserve to die?? WTH? If America is in any way "doomed" it's because of people like this, not good, respectful citizens that are just trying to live their lives.

As for Tyra herself.. I never watch the show as well, it was a coincidence that I was browsing today because Aaron fell asleep on my chest and I just had to watch those idiots I do watch "The Soup" and know that Tyra is too much into herself for my taste...

Sharon
[/b]
I love the Soup, lol. I agree, Tyra is too into herself.

But our problem with her (by "our", I mean Andrika, Jackie- Pure Innocence, and myself) is from an episode she did a month or so ago on witches. She was completely intolerant of the witches, Wiccans, and Satanists she had on the show. Kept giving "scoffed" looks at the guests. I lost a lot of respect for her then. There was a thread in the Wiccan/Pagan board here about it.

Anyways, sorry for the slight thread hyjack there, lol.

May 3rd, 2007, 11:40 AM
Quote:

But our problem with her (by "our", I mean Andrika, Jackie- Pure Innocence, and myself) is from an episode she did a month or so ago on witches. She was completely intolerant of the witches, Wiccans, and Satanists she had on the show. Kept giving "scoffed" looks at the guests. I lost a lot of respect for her then. There was a thread in the Wiccan/Pagan board here about it.

Anyways, sorry for the slight thread hyjack there, lol.[/b]
Oh, I don't mind a good Tyra bashing thread Since I dont' watch, I didn't see that episode you mention, but OMG
Why is it that we have so many people in such influential positions not being responsible for doing things in an ethical and right way?? *cough* Rosie *cough* Just give them a microphone and they mindlessly rant about whatever gets into their little minds and abuse those positions. Ugh!! Between what you just told me and the fact that she cannot forget that someone called her fat once, I'm joining the boycott

Sharon
May 3rd, 2007, 12:58 PM
irishxrose
Quote:
HEY YOU! What happened to boycotting Tyra missy?!?! I'm just playing with you...LOL!! No, I haven't seen it because ever since that one episode I've stopped supporting her. I haven't watched anything she has been in...not the model show or her THS which I really like watching that show...and most certainly not her Tyra show.[/b]
It was the only thing on!
May 3rd, 2007, 01:24 PM
Pure Innocence
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Quote:
HEY YOU! What happened to boycotting Tyra missy?!?! I'm just playing with you...LOL!! No, I haven't seen it because ever since that one episode I've stopped supporting her. I haven't watched anything she has been in...not the model show or her THS which I really like watching that show...and most certainly not her Tyra show.[/b]
[/b][/quote]
I'm just playing!! LOL!
May 3rd, 2007, 01:33 PM
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Quote:
[/b][/quote]

I second that! And believe me, I looked

Sharon
May 3rd, 2007, 06:33 PM
Wolfmama09's Avatar " He's a marshmallow!"
Havent watched Tyra in a while 3 episodes did ti for me lol.

1. the episode when she threw the pregnancy bash and she made it about her and pretended to be pregnant..i was pregnant and hormonal @ the time and was just annoyed lol.
2. The episode with the "witches " as she called them, she was TOTALLY condesending the entire time! BEing that one of my good friends was there and is wiccan...she made me change the channel so i didn't watch the entire thing.
3. Every other episode that she made it all about her. Which is ...every wpisode. It doesn't matter what they're talking about she always makes it back to her lol
4. OH and the episode where she had the kids on there who's parents allowed them to get sex changes. Another condescending episode. Talk show hosts are not supposed to agree or disagree w/ something lol.

May 3rd, 2007, 08:38 PM
Pure Innocence
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(irishxrose @ May 2 2007, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotemain'>

Sharon
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

I can't say I am upset that she was intolerant of satanists. (I am steamed that she was against witches and wiccans though).
[/b][/quote]
It's not what you think it is, you can't make conclusions about a religion based on one word. If you'd like I'll pm you a link so that you can see exactly what Satanism is about.
May 4th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(irishxrose @ May 2 2007, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotemain'>

Sharon
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

I can't say I am upset that she was intolerant of satanists. (I am steamed that she was against witches and wiccans though).
[/b][/quote]

Why? Do you know what Satanism is?

May 4th, 2007, 09:32 AM
Pure Innocence
Yes it is about Satan, but in their religion he isn't seen as the same Satan as in Christianity...hope that makes some sense. I'll pm you a link shortly

Your inbox is full.
May 4th, 2007, 09:37 AM
*I want to first make clear that I am NOT a Satanist, so I do not share their beliefs... I'm just educating* (I feel like I have to have a disclaimer for some reason... lol)

Satanism has many sects. Some forms DO worship the Satan from Christianity, but do not view him as "evil", but instead believe that he was misrepresented in the bible and isn't really evil.

Another form of Satanism, and the most popular, AND the one's Tyra had on her show, do not believe in Satan at all. These are LaVeyan Satanists (named after the founder, Anton LaVey... Tyra's guest was a family member of LaVey). Satan is a symbol for these Satanists of self-worship. In other words "looking out for number one"-type of thing.

There IS a form of devilworshipping, and yes these people I would agree are "evil". And I wouldn't tolerate them either. But this group is much MUCH smaller than the other two groups and is usually filled with rebellious teenagers, lol. Be aware though that most of Satanism is NOT about devilworshipping.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanism
http://www.churchofsatan.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luciferianism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theistic_Satanism

I'd also like to add that I know several Satanists (LaVeyan) and while I dont agree with what they believe in (if I agreed with it I'd be a Satanist, and I'm not, lol), they were prefectly nice and good people.

May 4th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Yes it is about Satan, but in their religion he isn't seen as the same Satan as in Christianity...hope that makes some sense. I'll pm you a link shortly

Your inbox is full.[/b]
Sorry. It's clear now.

Quote:
*I want to first make clear that I am NOT a Satanist, so I do not share their beliefs... I'm just educating* (I feel like I have to have a disclaimer for some reason... lol)

Satanism has many sects. Some forms DO worship the Satan from Christianity, but do not view him as "evil", but instead believe that he was misrepresented in the bible and isn't really evil.

Another form of Satanism, and the most popular, AND the one's Tyra had on her show, do not believe in Satan at all. These are LaVeyan Satanists (named after the founder, Anton LaVey... Tyra's guest was a family member of LaVey). Satan is a symbol for these Satanists of self-worship. In other words "looking out for number one"-type of thing.

There IS a form of devilworshipping, and yes these people I would agree are "evil". And I wouldn't tolerate them either. But this group is much MUCH smaller than the other two groups and is usually filled with rebellious teenagers, lol. Be aware though that most of Satanism is NOT about devilworshipping.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanism
http://www.churchofsatan.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luciferianism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theistic_Satanism

I'd also like to add that I know several Satanists (LaVeyan) and while I dont agree with what they believe in (if I agreed with it I'd be a Satanist, and I'm not, lol), they were prefectly nice and good people.[/b]
See, I've heard of Anton LeVay (I read an article or something...can't remember where) and it just portrayed him as complete evil.

Hmm...well, thank you for the links
[/b]
What article was this?

Now, honestly, I dont agree with what he teaches (but like I said, thats why I'm not a Satanist, lol), however I dont think he was "evil".

ALTHOUGH, most other religions teach putting others before yourself, whereas LaVeyan Satanism is about putting yourself first (except when it comes to children or others who cant take care of themselves). LaVeyan Satanism promotes selfishness, which most religions find to be wrong. So in that respect, some people MAY view that as "evil" (though I wont go so far as to say THAT, lol). I guess it would be a matter of perspective, ya know? But in any event, I DONT think they deserved to be judged unfairly by Tyra.

Some forms of Theistic Satanism/Luciferianism, however, are not about being evil at all. Like I said, many of these people believe Satan was misrepresented in the bible and really isnt evil.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search