What's the meaning of life?

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2007, 01:20 PM
oicyur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ever heard that phrase before? You hear it all the time on movies and in books. Someone searching out the meaning of life, or in other words, the purpose of life. So what are your takes on it? What IS the purpose of life? What's the point of birth and death? Are we just here and gone again by chance, or is there a bigger plan?

Mom to Keira (6), Garrett (5), Libby (3), and William (8-29-12)
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
- Thomas Jefferson

May 2nd, 2007, 03:15 PM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
I've thought about that as well, around the same time I was coming to terms with my own mortality (this past fall).

The conclusion I came to is - it doesn't matter. If we're part of something bigger, we probably won't ever know, because we're just small bits of energy being changed over and over, and rarely do individual soldiers get to see the outcome of the war (figuritively speaking); if there's nothing, if there's no meaning, we just are because of conditions that were right - then I guess we won't know that either, because we'll move on to our next existance when this body your in now extinguishes itself.

I very firmly believe in cause and effect (in mind and body), in that there's an equal reaction for every action (thank you Mr. Newton), so it matters much more to me how I act now rather than why I am acting at all. You know?
May 2nd, 2007, 04:23 PM
Veteran
There is a much bigger plan than even what religions state. The plan is simply to know perfecion by experiencing imperfection.
May 2nd, 2007, 05:03 PM
Mom2DavidandAaron's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, I can only speak for myself and my religion. In Judaism, the meaning of life is to create a relationship with G-d. That's really the whole idea behind every single practice we make.

Sharon
May 9th, 2007, 11:36 AM
chloe82
To know God and His children (all other people in the world), love them, have a relationship with them, serve them with thanks for the gift of grace we have received, and to experience all the good things God put in life for us to enjoy.
May 9th, 2007, 02:09 PM
*kyle*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
To be happy, share happiness, and give happiness.

Happiness = comfort, contentment, joy, excitement, peace, love, harmony, understanding, assistance, companionship, and validation (among others).

May 28th, 2007, 02:10 AM
Elysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Elysia Send a message via MSN to Elysia
The purpose of life? oh thats an easy one...to live it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search