Offensive clothing

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 3rd, 2007, 07:32 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Today I was eating at Applebees chowing down with DH. I saw a very nice looking family walk past our table. I noticed that the son (he was probably 13-14 years old). He was wearing a t-shirt with two playing cards on it. It said "I'll show you my pair if you show me yours." Now I took this as something completely sexual and so did my husband.

Do you think that is inappropriate for a kid that age to wear? Would you let your child wear something like that? What do you think of parents who allow their children to wear stuff like that in public?

May 3rd, 2007, 07:44 PM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
I don't care about that as much as when I see little 13 year old girls wearing shorts that almost show their butt cheeks and slutty tank tops.
May 3rd, 2007, 07:45 PM
Mom2DavidandAaron's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I don't care about that as much as when I see little 13 year old girls wearing shorts that almost show their butt cheeks and slutty tank tops.[/b]
Yeah, that. Now THAT'S disturbing!

Sharon
May 3rd, 2007, 07:48 PM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
I wouldn't want my daughter wearing most of the stuff they make nowadays, it's too provocative for little girls.
May 3rd, 2007, 07:50 PM
Wolfmama09's Avatar " He's a marshmallow!"
i agree the stuff they make for little girls is way too provocative esp the thongs for like 9 yr olds, i mean come on now.

ETA what about those t-shirts that say ( not a direct qoute) "free lotion" with an arrow pointing down. I had an 8 yr old wear that to the daycare i work @ and we had to tell his mom not to let him wear it anymore.

May 3rd, 2007, 07:52 PM
Quote:
i agree the stuff they make for little girls is way too provacative esp the thongs for like 9 yr olds, i mean come on now.[/b]

Ugh I completely agree! Who in the world would put a little girl in a thong? I have a 12 year old stepdaughter and I would die before allowing her to wear something like that.

May 3rd, 2007, 08:16 PM
chlodoll
That shirt is cute and your son is cuter!
May 3rd, 2007, 08:21 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
First, your little boy is absolutely adorable. I don't like the shirt, though. Me personally, I consider "crap" a curse word in that it isn't a word I would let my children use.

"Free lotion" on an 8yo boy??? That is just disgusting, and I'm glad his mom was told he couldn't wear it to the daycare anymore.

I think shirts (or any clothing) with slogans that are obscene or suggestive should not be worn in public by anybody, period. But they are even worse on children who should be still under the supervision of parents who should know better.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

May 3rd, 2007, 08:22 PM
chlodoll
May 3rd, 2007, 08:25 PM
I like funny shirts too but the one I mentioned was a completely sexual message and one I found to be inappropriate for a 13-14 year old to be wearing.

Luckymama06, good for you guys for telling those parents not to let the kid wear the shirt to school. That is disgusting and inappropriate for a child to wear.

Quote:
[/b]

Your son is adorable! I think he has the best eyebrows I have ever seen!

May 3rd, 2007, 08:32 PM
chlodoll
lol thank you! the shirt only ever got worn in the house though, I love it but I was nervous to what people would think lol

And thats funny alot people have said he has good eyebrows before!! They have a good shape for a boy/man haha
May 3rd, 2007, 08:55 PM
Pure Innocence
Yes there are many clothes that are made these days that are inappropriate for any age group. LOL!

I'd honestly say I wouldn't think very highly of someone who would let their child wear something so disgusting.
May 3rd, 2007, 09:14 PM
irishxrose
I saw a 14 year old boy on the light rail a few days ago wearing a shirt that said "f#$%ing eh!" (the f word was NOT censored). I was seriously appalled and wondering where the heck his parents were! I would NEVER let my son wear a shirt like that.
May 3rd, 2007, 09:51 PM
Quote:
I saw a 14 year old boy on the light rail a few days ago wearing a shirt that said "f#$%ing eh!" (the f word was NOT censored). I was seriously appalled and wondering where the heck his parents were! I would NEVER let my son wear a shirt like that.[/b]

You've got to be kidding me! That's even worse than the one that I saw! It just makes me wonder what kind of parent would allow their child to wear something like that in public. Even though I hate the so many public schools are going to uniform policies it is people like that that make realize why schools have to do it.

May 3rd, 2007, 10:01 PM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think the clothing that a lot of parents allow their children to wear is appalling. I used to teach school, and some of the shirts these kids would wear would seriously have landed me in the principal's office when I was a kid!! Sometimes it makes me glad for dress codes...

May 3rd, 2007, 10:02 PM
Cereal Killer's Avatar I'm climbin' in yo window
I saw a 15/16 year old boy at the mall a couple of weeks ago wearing a t-shirt that read "how dare I wear this *$%# shirt in front of your god--mn kids".

I was stunned! I can't imagine what kind of parent's think that is okay.

May 3rd, 2007, 10:05 PM
Quote:
I saw a 15/16 year old boy at the mall a couple of weeks ago wearing a t-shirt that read "how dare I wear this *$%# shirt in front of your god--mn kids".

I was stunned! I can't imagine what kind of parent's think that is okay.[/b]
Ugh! I think that wins hands down as the most offensive one so far. If my DSD somehow managed to buy it (or if her not too bright mother bought it for her) and I caught her wearing it I would make her cut it up and throw it away. After that we'd have a nice long discussion as to why that isn't appropriate to wear.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search