Have you ever reported?

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2007, 08:43 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
No I haven't and probably wouldn't unless it was something like you mentioned about something nasty being directed specifically at someone.

I think things that are offensive are subjective. What offends one person may not offend another.

May 4th, 2007, 08:44 PM
chlodoll
I think ALOT of people who report are readers and not posters. If they were involved in the debate I think they would be less likely to report unless personally attacked. I havent reported anyone on the debate boards.
May 4th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Veteran
I think once a long time ago.
LaceyMommy2B
no, i have been attacked on other boards...but its internet...im not gonna sit here n cry about or have the post removed.. it was already posted, wont do any good unless i never had to see it in the first place.
tevinsangel
I have never reported a post and I can honestly say, I won't. If someone were to put out a post that was uncalled for directly to me, I would call them on it just as publicly and work through it. If they did not want to work it out, they would most likely be left looking like a ____ insert your word of choice here.
May 4th, 2007, 08:48 PM
donomama
The only thing I have reported is the odd spammer that joins just so they can advertise their website or other annoying whatever on JM. I have reported that twice.
May 4th, 2007, 08:49 PM
rdhdtrue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rdhdtrue
I have never reported a post and do not see it in the future. I am a good ignorer when I need to be.
May 4th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Caeden'sMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, i'm sure you already know this based on the other thread... but NOPE! NEVER! Makes me so mad that people are that petty that they need to go "tattle" to the mods. I mean really... grow up!

Sorry, slight annoyance of mine...
May 4th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Well, i'm sure you already know this based on the other thread... but NOPE! NEVER! Makes me so mad that people are that petty that they need to go "tattle" to the mods. I mean really... grow up!

Sorry, slight annoyance of mine... [/b]
I don't think it is tattling when someone posts to another poster something atrocious. For instance, what about someone stating something like "you are trying to get attention for the loss of your baby" or "you do not love your children"? That to me, is incredibly uncalled for. I don't think that is following the rules (set by the mods) of this board. I don't want to see others hurt by such a thing. I am NOT talking 'implications" or "insinuations" of said statements. I am talking about BLATANT, TO THE POINT statements like above.

But I do agree with you on most deletings of threads/posts.
[/b]
Yeah, but i don't think that's what's getting deleted here for the most part... And even if it WAS, i agree with the previous poster that it could be handled here. Most people here are good, decent, level-headed women, and would completely side with the "victim". So the person in the wrong would come out looking bad. But with stuff getting deleted, they end up almost protected, since most people DON'T know what happened. Make sense?
May 4th, 2007, 09:06 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I would also report a threat. I think someone mentioned once that she was threatened by a girl who said "I'm going to come find you." Anything that suggests physical harm should be reported. Yes, the person is only typing those words but you never know and in no case is that ever appropriate.

May 4th, 2007, 09:10 PM
Quote:
I would also report a threat. I think someone mentioned once that she was threatened by a girl who said "I'm going to come find you." Anything that suggests physical harm should be reported. Yes, the person is only typing those words but you never know and in no case is that ever appropriate.[/b]
Okay... THAT i agree with. That would just be wrong and scary, and SHOULD be reported. So i guess i take it back...
May 4th, 2007, 10:22 PM
mommyKathyX3
Once a long while ago because it was VERY disrespectful and hurtful. Not the whole thread, jut the one post. It was deleted I was happy.
May 4th, 2007, 10:28 PM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never reported anything, but if someone were to threaten my safety or say something totally uncalled for (on another board, someone that didn't like me said that she hoped that my daughter would drown herself in the bathtub), then yes, I would.

May 4th, 2007, 10:29 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I totally get CLOSING but not deleting a thread, that part doesnt make alot of sense to me

May 5th, 2007, 03:14 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I've not reported anything, but if I felt something had crossed the line and needed reporting, I would. I've moderated other boards though and have been on the other end, seeing reports for things that did not deserve them, so I've got some experience in telling where the line is.

As for why people report and not speak up, some of it is because they feel attacked or take something personally. Some of it is good practice, though - mods on boards generally prefer that, if you are going to report something, you not post and say "You suck, I'm going to report you for that!"

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
May 5th, 2007, 04:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Nope. It's the internet. It's not that serious.

Lacey O/T but you are due on my birthday and Matteas original due date!
May 5th, 2007, 05:20 AM
chloe82
No way, and i don't think i ever will. It's an internet message board, i take everything with a grain of salt and don't take anything personally. Besides, if someone did something totally out of line I would almost prefer, in a nasty way, that it stays up for people to see what they said. hehehe.....
The other day someone posted something hilariously ridiculous, dramatic and attention-seeking, i responded, (first time I have ever involved myself in any drama on here) and then when i checked back later the thread was deleted. It totally annoyed me! What's the big deal anyways??

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search