Paris Hilton case

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2007, 08:27 AM
EmilysMommy04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to EmilysMommy04
Ok as you all may have heard in the news or read about Paris Hilton . If not here is a link http://tv.yahoo.com/news/article/urn:newsm...gEc9H2kH9SAo9EF

She was on probation and busted with a DWI. She was just sentanced to 45 days in jail. This man is on there talking about it. He said this young women shouldnt be spending time in jail. She should at the minimum have weekends. I think its retarded. They said they are treating her as if she were a regular person.. that is bs. Its ok for her to get a dwi because she is rich. But if it was anyone who is not rich they would be treated like a prisoner. She should not get any special treatment because she is rich. She broke the law and should be treated as anyone else would be treated. Im sorry I just needed to rant.

May 5th, 2007, 08:38 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I am so sick of that girl and others like her who feel that they are privileged and entitled to better treatment than anyone else. I'm glad she's going to jail and I hope they give her the biggest, scariest, smelliest, cell mate they can find! Of course that won't happen. She'll either appeal and get out of it or she will go to jail and be treated like a queen.

I've heard people mention "well she did get a thousand dollar fine." Yeah and she can probably find that money between her couch cushions!

May 5th, 2007, 08:52 AM
EmilysMommy04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to EmilysMommy04
Quote:
I am so sick of that girl and others like her who feel that they are privileged and entitled to better treatment than anyone else. I'm glad she's going to jail and I hope they give her the biggest, scariest, smelliest, cell mate they can find! Of course that won't happen. She'll either appeal and get out of it or she will go to jail and be treated like a queen.

I've heard people mention "well she did get a thousand dollar fine." Yeah and she can probably find that money between her couch cushions![/b]

ITA with you. I am so glad I found someone who feels the way I do about her. ohh a thousand dollar fine thats pennies to her. She should get the maximum like everyone else. if it were a non rich girl they would be like she got what she deserved. BS I dont like Paris to start with she is a moron and I dont like the fact because she gets away with this #### because she is rich.

May 5th, 2007, 09:06 AM
lotus86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lotus86 Send a message via Yahoo to lotus86
I swear I did a happy dance when I found out she is going to jail Did you all hear Kathy Hilton's BS about how this is a waste of taxpayer money, and her daughter is being made an example of? It's not a waste, and ANYONE else would have had the same sentence that she got or worse. The maximum was 90 days, and she only got half of that.
May 5th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Wolfmama09's Avatar " He's a marshmallow!"
She should've gotten the 90 days. I mean come on! This was like her 3rd time doing the same thing and she tried to blame it on her rep saying that he gave her the impression it was alright to drive. Be responsible for your own actions! I think she should've gotten a fine for being late too,imo THAt was the waste of money! Paris hilton SHOULD be made an example of, what was it going to take? If she didn't get this sentence now, she proably would commit a 4,5, 6th offense etc until she got in a serious accident or killed someone. She is not above anyone else. And i bet she'll get her own "WING" to herself or prison cell way away from everyone else.Pssh she'll stil be living in luxury.

May 5th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Pure Innocence
Yea it's pretty funny. I'm glad she is going in hopes that maybe it will chill her out and she'll find out what's REALLY important in life. Maybe now she won't worry about her Jimmy Choos or however the heck you spell that....
May 5th, 2007, 11:53 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Quote:
Yea it's pretty funny. I'm glad she is going in hopes that maybe it will chill her out and she'll find out what's REALLY important in life. Maybe now she won't worry about her Jimmy Choos or however the heck you spell that....[/b]

I would hope that would be the case but I doubt it will happen. Now she'll just make a ton more money off the pictures of her going to and leaving prison and then from all of the interviews after she is released.

May 5th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Pure Innocence
Ugh, good point.
May 5th, 2007, 12:36 PM
*Leslie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Leslie* Send a message via Yahoo to *Leslie*
I am going to have to disagree with you guys on this one... I know locally at least people spend very little or no jail time for the same things she did. Many much worse actually.... I think that she is being made an example and that isn't right. The judge was in a no win situation if he sent her to jail he was being too harsh, and if not it was "only because she was rich". I think she deserves jail time for what she did, but do should the others that do the same things or worse things. I also think it is a waste of time for everyone involved. The jail will now become a media circus disprupting the lives of the employees and other inmates, more than likely she won't change her lifestyle (although I wish she would because I hate to see anyone be so destructive), but all in all I think it's just a media stunt on the part of the system as a whole.

<3 August 1st, 2013
<3 November 21st, 2013
<3 September 30th, 2014

May 5th, 2007, 02:05 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Not only did she violate her probation... She was LATE to her sentencing hearing. That factored into the decision of jail time as well. I think it's only fair she be treated like anyone else.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
May 5th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Caeden&#39;sMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I am going to have to disagree with you guys on this one... I know locally at least people spend very little or no jail time for the same things she did. Many much worse actually.... I think that she is being made an example and that isn't right. The judge was in a no win situation if he sent her to jail he was being too harsh, and if not it was "only because she was rich". I think she deserves jail time for what she did, but do should the others that do the same things or worse things. I also think it is a waste of time for everyone involved. The jail will now become a media circus disprupting the lives of the employees and other inmates, more than likely she won't change her lifestyle (although I wish she would because I hate to see anyone be so destructive), but all in all I think it's just a media stunt on the part of the system as a whole.[/b]
You know what... So what if she's "being made an example out of"? She still did the crime, and the sentencing is not even the maximum for her crime. So i really don't have any sympathy for her... I think it's good if it sends a message not only to her, but to any other spoiled celebrities that they can't just get away with whatever they want to. If that's setting an example, well... so be it.
May 5th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ZERO sympathy over here for that girl. She committed a crime, its not her first time... good for them for making an example out of her, but I dont think its the case... she broke the law, multiple times..serve the flipping time and shut up

May 5th, 2007, 05:59 PM
*Leslie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Leslie* Send a message via Yahoo to *Leslie*
Quote:
Quote:
I am going to have to disagree with you guys on this one... I know locally at least people spend very little or no jail time for the same things she did. Many much worse actually.... I think that she is being made an example and that isn't right. The judge was in a no win situation if he sent her to jail he was being too harsh, and if not it was "only because she was rich". I think she deserves jail time for what she did, but do should the others that do the same things or worse things. I also think it is a waste of time for everyone involved. The jail will now become a media circus disprupting the lives of the employees and other inmates, more than likely she won't change her lifestyle (although I wish she would because I hate to see anyone be so destructive), but all in all I think it's just a media stunt on the part of the system as a whole.[/b]
You know what... So what if she's "being made an example out of"? She still did the crime, and the sentencing is not even the maximum for her crime. So i really don't have any sympathy for her... I think it's good if it sends a message not only to her, but to any other spoiled celebrities that they can't just get away with whatever they want to. If that's setting an example, well... so be it.
[/b]
I don't have any sympathy for her, I could care less if she goes to jail or not. we have many more peope that aren't celebrities getting away with much more serious crimes. I hardly doubt this will set an example for others, but I guess if it deters one then good.... it's already been reported that she wont be in the GP, she will have a cell mate though.... I'd much rather have seen her ordered to do comunity service or something that wil actually benefit the community rather than be a drain on it..... I just don't think jail is effective in some cases and this seems to be one of those....

<3 August 1st, 2013
<3 November 21st, 2013
<3 September 30th, 2014

May 5th, 2007, 06:10 PM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[/b]
I don't have any sympathy for her, I could care less if she goes to jail or not. we have many more peope that aren't celebrities getting away with much more serious crimes. I hardly doubt this will set an example for others, but I guess if it deters one then good.... it's already been reported that she wont be in the GP, she will have a cell mate though.... I'd much rather have seen her ordered to do comunity service or something that wil actually benefit the community rather than be a drain on it..... I just don't think jail is effective in some cases and this seems to be one of those....
[/b]
I agree; I think that it's ineffective for her to go to jail. It's not going to do anything.

Someone at the beginning of this stated something about "weekend jail" and I want to let you know that it's used in a variety of situations and isn't a cop-out. If my husband hadn't paid his fines (long story) for a traffic violation, he would have had that option as well... so it's not just "celebrities" that get that kind of treatment.

May 5th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Caeden&#39;sMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(newmomma @ May 5 2007, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

I agree; I think that it's ineffective for her to go to jail. It's not going to do anything.

[/b][/quote]

It's going to do as much as it would for ANY person convicted of such a crime. We wouldn't be debating it's effectiveness with Joe Schmoe, so why does it matter with her?
May 5th, 2007, 08:00 PM
lotus86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lotus86 Send a message via Yahoo to lotus86
I sincerely hope this teaches her a lesson. At least the average Joe Schmoe would be invested in their own court proceedings, Paris tried to pass the blame off on her publicist about not reading her own subpeona because "she doesn't do those things". She's an idiot, and she deserves the jail time for blatantly disregarding the law.
May 6th, 2007, 03:00 AM
Marissa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Marissa Send a message via Yahoo to Marissa
Just because she has a well known name does not mean she should get special treatment. Unknown people do this type of crime eachday of the week and get the same treatment, so she did the crime, she does the time, like everyone else. If she didn't want to go to jail, then do not drive with a suspended licence, its pretty easy to do. She knew what she was doing, and yet she done it anyways.

IMO, she should be doing the jail time. Like i said because she is well known, doesn't mean she should get special treatment. Maybe know she will learn that she can not get away with these things.
May 6th, 2007, 04:17 AM
the_elmel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to the_elmel Send a message via Yahoo to the_elmel
I'm glad Paris was sentenced to jail time. Maybe she won't continue to trash the Hilton name more than she already has after this.

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search