Ideas for a New Immigration Plan

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Veteran
Got this in an email, what do you think?

-------------------------------------------------------

*There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools, no special ballots for elections, all government business will be conducted in our language

*Foreigners will NOT have the right to vote no matter how long they are here

*Foreigners will NEVER be able to hold political office

*Foreigners will not be a burder to the taxpayers. No welfare, no food stamps, no health care, or other government assistance programs

*Foreigners can invest in this country, but it must be an amount equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage

*If foreigners do come and want to buy land that will be okay, BUT options will be restricted. You are not allowed waterfront property. That is reserved for citizens naturally born into this country.

*Foreigners may not protest; no demonstrations, no waving a foreign flag, no political organizing, no bad-mouthing our president or his policies, if you do you will be sent home

*If you do come to this country illegally, you will be hunted down and sent straight to jail

Harsh, you say?..............

The above laws happen to be the immigration laws/policies of

MEXICO
May 5th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Caeden'sMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sad, isn't it?
May 5th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Pure Innocence
Sounds like a hoax.

Oh I didn't read the bottom. Are those really the laws? Do you have a link?
May 5th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Veteran
I do not. I just got that in an email. Maybe someone can find whether those are true.
May 5th, 2007, 08:17 PM
chlodoll
Thats because no one with money wants to immigrate to Mexico.
May 5th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Thats because no one with money wants to immigrate to Mexico.[/b]
That's not true... There ARE some nicer areas, and i'm sure lots of richer folks WOULD like a beach home there or something. My inlaws actually chose to move to Mexico when my husband was younger, and they lived there for a good amount of time. And the stories they tell aren't all bad...
May 5th, 2007, 08:25 PM
chlodoll
I doubt that most of those people immigrate and become citizens of mexico.
May 5th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Quote:
I doubt that most of those people immigrate and become citizens of mexico.[/b]
*Shrug* All i'm saying is, some do... Again, my in-laws did. Regardless... the point is it's pretty hypocritical to have such strict immigration laws, and THEN want to demand that our country RELAXES OURS FOR THEM. That's crazy...
May 5th, 2007, 08:41 PM
chlodoll
Did his family live in Mexico or immigrate to Mexico?

It the Mexican government asking the US to loosen their immigration laws or the Mexican public?

Those people want to leave Mexico to have a better life. Most people dont immigrate to Mexico to have a better life financially I would think.
May 5th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Did his family live in Mexico or immigrate to Mexico?

It the Mexican government asking the US to loosen their immigration laws or the Mexican public?

Those people want to leave Mexico to have a better life. Most people dont immigrate to Mexico to have a better life financially I would think.[/b]

His family immigrated to Mexico... Of course, they immigrated there from the Dominican Republic, so it WAS a better life for them...

And i THINK i remember something about the Mexican government actually asking our government to loosen their laws... something like that. I truly can't remember the specifics. I'm gonna go see if i can find something about it...
May 5th, 2007, 08:46 PM
chlodoll
Thats a completely different situation. I thought you were saying they were American citizens who immigrated to Mexico.
May 5th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Okay... Here's what i found:

A story from last year about Vicente Fox pushing for a guest worker program, and path to citizenship for the illegals.

A long interview with Vicente Fox, a bit hard to get through, but shows some of his views and his wishes.

An essay about Fox's plans from a U.S citizen who works in Mexico.

Hope that gives a general idea...

Quote:
Thats a completely different situation. I thought you were saying they were American citizens who immigrated to Mexico.[/b]
No, i know... i should have clarified.

But still, point is, people DO want to move there, and as i said... even after now living in the U.S for many years, they still have positive things to say about Mexico.
May 5th, 2007, 09:03 PM
chlodoll
I am sure there are tons of positive things to say about Mexico. I know when I vacationed in the Dominican a couple years ago the tour people told us it was nice to tip because most people there only make 2 dollars a day! So if someone had an opportunity elsewhere to make more money then I would think they would do it if they could.
May 6th, 2007, 06:43 AM
ahixon
Thank you, I have a real problem with people thinking every Mexican they see is illegal, that is BS. There are tons of legal immigrants in America, and why should they not be treated like every other American.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search