Parents not watching there kids

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2007, 01:40 PM
EmilysMommy04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to EmilysMommy04
Tell me why it is parents bring there kids to the park and sit in there cars not watching there kids. Ok we were at the park with my 2 girls and my friend and his little boy and girl. Well this blazer pulls up and lets these 2 boys out they were between the ages of 10 and 12. there were 2 women in the blazer talking. Then a car pulls up a guy gets out and into the blazer the 3 adults are in tehre talking not watching the kids. My daughter ran to a swing and I went to go push her. Well one of the boys pushed my 3 yr old and snached the swing. The parents still werent watching so I yelled at them. Well then my frineds son was playing on the ground the boys came up and started kicking him . This little boy is 5. I yelled at them again. Well the final note was my friends son was picking wild flowers the boys knocked them out of his hands and started smashing the flowers. Wel the 5 yr old started crying. Finally the adulats get out of the blazer and ask what happened I told them. The women goes they do this at home. Im like so you bring them to a park you dont watch them knowing they are like this. I said next time you bring them watch them . Well she got mad and left with her kids. Well shortly after they left another women comes sits in her van and her son gets out to play. My girls and my friends kids are sliding down the slide this kid starts throwing rocks on them and throwing them hard. I yelled at him she gets out running her mouth and I went off on her. Im sorry I dont deal with kids being mean. Why do parents let there kids out at the park and not watch them ? They let them act like jerks. It irritates me.

May 7th, 2007, 01:44 PM
donomama
I've never seen that before.
May 7th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Pure Innocence
Quote:
Tell me why it is parents bring there kids to the park and sit in there cars not watching there kids. Ok we were at the park with my 2 girls and my friend and his little boy and girl. Well this blazer pulls up and lets these 2 boys out they were between the ages of 10 and 12. there were 2 women in the blazer talking. Then a car pulls up a guy gets out and into the blazer the 3 adults are in tehre talking not watching the kids. My daughter ran to a swing and I went to go push her. Well one of the boys pushed my 3 yr old and snached the swing. The parents still werent watching so I yelled at them. Well then my frineds son was playing on the ground the boys came up and started kicking him . This little boy is 5. I yelled at them again. Well the final note was my friends son was picking wild flowers the boys knocked them out of his hands and started smashing the flowers. Wel the 5 yr old started crying. Finally the adulats get out of the blazer and ask what happened I told them. The women goes they do this at home. Im like so you bring them to a park you dont watch them knowing they are like this. I said next time you bring them watch them . Well she got mad and left with her kids. Well shortly after they left another women comes sits in her van and her son gets out to play. My girls and my friends kids are sliding down the slide this kid starts throwing rocks on them and throwing them hard. I yelled at him she gets out running her mouth and I went off on her. Im sorry I dont deal with kids being mean. Why do parents let there kids out at the park and not watch them ? They let them act like jerks. It irritates me.[/b]
That is something I have wondered too. What happens if the parent isn't paying attention to their child and their child does something to mine? Do I have a right to say something? Hm...this bothers me too, I'm with you.
May 7th, 2007, 01:47 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Stuff like that irritates me too. Some parents are just too lazy to do what it takes to be a good parent.

I love the ones who get mad at you for saying something to their kid. What are you supposed to do..let the kid continue to throw rocks at your children?

May 7th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Tell me why it is parents bring there kids to the park and sit in there cars not watching there kids. Ok we were at the park with my 2 girls and my friend and his little boy and girl. Well this blazer pulls up and lets these 2 boys out they were between the ages of 10 and 12. there were 2 women in the blazer talking. Then a car pulls up a guy gets out and into the blazer the 3 adults are in tehre talking not watching the kids. My daughter ran to a swing and I went to go push her. Well one of the boys pushed my 3 yr old and snached the swing. The parents still werent watching so I yelled at them. Well then my frineds son was playing on the ground the boys came up and started kicking him . This little boy is 5. I yelled at them again. Well the final note was my friends son was picking wild flowers the boys knocked them out of his hands and started smashing the flowers. Wel the 5 yr old started crying. Finally the adulats get out of the blazer and ask what happened I told them. The women goes they do this at home. Im like so you bring them to a park you dont watch them knowing they are like this. I said next time you bring them watch them . Well she got mad and left with her kids. Well shortly after they left another women comes sits in her van and her son gets out to play. My girls and my friends kids are sliding down the slide this kid starts throwing rocks on them and throwing them hard. I yelled at him she gets out running her mouth and I went off on her. Im sorry I dont deal with kids being mean. Why do parents let there kids out at the park and not watch them ? They let them act like jerks. It irritates me.[/b]
That is something I have wondered too. What happens if the parent isn't paying attention to their child and their child does something to mine? Do I have a right to say something? Hm...this bothers me too, I'm with you.
[/b]
In my opinion I have the right to yell at those kids if they are nto being watched. Some may ask why because they are harming my chilkdren and It is my job as a mother to protect my children. It does happen they just let them do whatever they want even if its to other children.

May 7th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Stuff like that irritates me too. Some parents are just too lazy to do what it takes to be a good parent.

I love the ones who get mad at you for saying something to their kid. What are you supposed to do..let the kid continue to throw rocks at your children?[/b]

ITA . Exactly.

May 7th, 2007, 01:59 PM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
OMG that would piss me off so bad! If some kid started throwing rocks at my kid I would give BOTH him and his stupid mom an earful! I would have no problem at all yelling at someone else's kids if they were doing something dangerous or hurting my child.
May 7th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Quote:
OMG that would piss me off so bad! If some kid started throwing rocks at my kid I would give BOTH him and his stupid mom an earful! I would have no problem at all yelling at someone else's kids if they were doing something dangerous or hurting my child.[/b]

Exactly

May 7th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I will give you another example... we all know I am military... well while I was waiting in the Phili Airport I had 2 kids between ages of 10-12 playing around my weapon. I asked them 3 or 4 times before I yelled and said HEY do you let your kids play with guns!!!! She said no I said then you saw me ask them to step away from the dam weapon 3 or 4 times and you said NOTHING. I said you need to educate your kids on when to listen and not to run around bumping into guns

Thank you Jacquie for the beautiful siggy!

Getting ready to do what I do!!!! One day at a time! Protecting your freedom!
May 7th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Quote:
I will give you another example... we all know I am military... well while I was waiting in the Phili Airport I had 2 kids between ages of 10-12 playing around my weapon. I asked them 3 or 4 times before I yelled and said HEY do you let your kids play with guns!!!! She said no I said then you saw me ask them to step away from the dam weapon 3 or 4 times and you said NOTHING. I said you need to educate your kids on when to listen and not to run around bumping into guns[/b]
This makes me ask are the parents dumb. Its a weapon and they were warned. I dont feel it should be my job to tell others kids, but when it coimes to hurting my kids big no no. What is wrong with people .

May 8th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At 10-12 yrs old, if raised properly(it's obvious those kids were not by their behavior), they should be able to play at a park without the adults watching the whole time. However if you know your kid is likely to be rude or not follow the rules then you should watch them at all times.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search