Debate this please...

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am caught between a rock and a hard spot... you all know I am Air Force and was recently training with the Army.... I loved it but got back to home station and everyone is close minded about the war... They think I am crazy for saying all I care about is the mission and staying ALIVE... we trained intensly about combat and situations... my supervisor thinks I was sitting around doing nothing when we were out in the field... we did all the basic Army training... hard and pushing our limits. But my point is... do you think this is right for people in the military to think this way... I am livid because they treat me like I am stupid for loving the Army training so much. It helps people remember we ARE at war... This might be a bit confusion... its 0251 and I HAVE JET LAG!!!

Thank you Jacquie for the beautiful siggy!

Getting ready to do what I do!!!! One day at a time! Protecting your freedom!
May 7th, 2007, 05:54 PM
tevinsangel
Sounds like your supervisor needs to do a little basic Army training.
May 7th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have actually thought about going green... I know the livestyle is completely different but I like the army... they teach WAY more stuff than the air force... It pisses me off that we are taught to be elite but we don't know what is going on in the war because we chose not to educate ourselves....you guys know more about the war than some of our members

Thank you Jacquie for the beautiful siggy!

Getting ready to do what I do!!!! One day at a time! Protecting your freedom!
May 7th, 2007, 06:00 PM
camsmommie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
you guys know more about the war than some of our members[/b]
I am not so sure that is true... sometimes I think our government and our media feeds us only what they want us to believe... I am not sure if anyone is getting the facts

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left"> </MARQUEE></div>
May 7th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Eeyore777's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree. The media feeds us what it want us to hear.

May 7th, 2007, 06:14 PM
EmilysMommy04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to EmilysMommy04
I think those who think and say those things need to be sent out in the field. They dont know becaus ethey havent been there. A good friend of mine is in the Army and is back in Iraq now. He had a bomb roll down next to his feet while they has R &R they had time off and watched a movie. Thankfully it was a dud. Also he watched his bestfriend he grew up with sionce they were tots blown up and killed infront of him. I have so much respect for men and women in ther service . They should be given more credit.

May 8th, 2007, 08:18 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
Quote:
I have actually thought about going green... I know the livestyle is completely different but I like the army... they teach WAY more stuff than the air force... It pisses me off that we are taught to be elite but we don't know what is going on in the war because we chose not to educate ourselves....you guys know more about the war than some of our members[/b]

You know as much as you allow yourself to know. My husband and my friends are quite knowledgeable about the war.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
May 8th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
my brother opted to go to basic in the Army and switch to the AF just bc he watned that training since it is more intense. I agree the media is just making things worse than they are and making the negative out to be the norm.
Proud Christian, Cloth diapering, Baby Wearing, Signing, Select vaxing, ERF, Extended Harnessing, attempted breast feeding mama to Cadence 2/01/02 Courtney 11/26/03 Kason 4/02/07 and Kaia 8/23/09And very proud Army wife to Smitty.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search