Proud Moms

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2007, 06:18 AM
lschultz's Avatar Veteran
Is their room to feel like a proud mother especially with all the negativity on these boards here lately? We are coming up on Mothers Day and all I can see from these boards is how lousey we are as mothers. Everyone has been called out in one way or another how we just arent good enough moms. We're abusive, sleep when our kids are up, leave our kids home alone with an older child, dont breast feed, cause obesity, dont make our kids share toys, it goes on and on if you go through all the topics...if your flaws havent been debated yet we'll make sure to include you soon Im sure. Can we debate something besides motherhood for at least a few days?

Kayden Alaina Brian
May 8th, 2007, 06:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Is their room to feel like a proud mother especially with all the negativity on these boards here lately? We are coming up on Mothers Day and all I can see from these boards is how lousey we are as mothers. Everyone has been called out in one way or another how we just arent good enough moms. We're abusive, sleep when our kids are up, leave our kids home alone with an older child, dont breast feed, cause obesity, dont make our kids share toys, it goes on and on if you go through all the topics...if your flaws havent been debated yet we'll make sure to include you soon Im sure. Can we debate something besides motherhood for at least a few days?[/b]
Just because someone disagrees with, say, cosleeping or FFing, does NOT mean that they think YOU personally are a bad mother. They disagree with the activity, not the MOTHER.

May 8th, 2007, 06:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, I don't think anybody is a "bad mother", we all just make difference choices and have difference of opinions. And certainly there are bigger issues then if you cosleep or not, or FF or BF, etc.
May 8th, 2007, 06:37 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Personally, I'm a "to each their own" person. Yeah, there are things that I believe are better, but I know that all circumstances and families are different. IMO, we are all FABULOUS mothers around here!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
May 8th, 2007, 06:40 AM
Pure Innocence
It's a debate board, EVERYTHING is debated, including aspects of motherhood.
May 8th, 2007, 06:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have yet to meet a mom on here that I've thought is a bad mother. Every mom on JM is due a wonderful Mother's Day!!!
May 8th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Boxerlove1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It does seem likeevery debate the past few months has been about some aspect of child-rearing. Hence, why I am in lurkdome. Next topic, please?

<div align="center"></div>
Agatha Christie</span>
May 8th, 2007, 09:55 AM
lotus86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lotus86 Send a message via Yahoo to lotus86
This is a debate forum on a mommies board, and as much as we try to bring in new topics, motherhood is a hot one and that probably won't change. I do a lot of things that others disagree with, but I don't let it chafe my butt or make me feel like a bad mother. I know I'm a great mother, and that the way I parent is a product of all the choices I make, so I don't let it bother me if someone disagrees with ONE aspect of my parenting. I think this quote sums it up for me:

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." -Eleanor Roosevelt
May 8th, 2007, 12:11 PM
EmilysMommy04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to EmilysMommy04
As much as I disagree and agree with people on here. I dont think anyone is a bad mother. not all parenting is the same. Parenting is learned and everyone parents by there comfort level. I dont think anything bad of any one on here. but for lschultz your siggy with the bug hahah got me. I was like ahat the heck i swatted my screen lmfao hahahhaa. DEE DEE DEE lol

May 8th, 2007, 12:48 PM
chlodoll
Ya they are called Playrooms. This is the debate board. We are all Mom's obviously we are going to debate topics about motherhood and child rearing since they are pertinent to us.
May 8th, 2007, 01:32 PM
So all in the name of a debate its ok to make others feel inferior? Which is what Im really getting at...am I the only one seeing this?

Kayden Alaina Brian
May 8th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Pure Innocence
Quote:
So all in the name of a debate its ok to make others feel inferior? Which is what Im really getting at...am I the only one seeing this?[/b]
It's a debate, you leave your feelings at the door or it's just a bunch of hormonal women screaming at each other.

The point of the debate is to dig deep within us to really analyze why me make the choices and decisions that we do. It's not to nitpick and tell the other side they are stupid.
May 8th, 2007, 01:35 PM
lotus86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lotus86 Send a message via Yahoo to lotus86
Quote:
So all in the name of a debate its ok to make others feel inferior? Which is what Im really getting at...am I the only one seeing this?[/b]
If you are referring to my quote, it means that no one can make you feel like a crap parent (in a debate or elsewhere) if you don't allow them to. No one is here to make others feel inferior or like bad parents, we are here to DEBATE issues!
May 8th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Quote:
It's a debate, you leave your feelings at the door or it's just a bunch of hormonal women screaming at each other.
[/b]

Yeah I get that...obviously feelings are not being considered at all on here.

Kayden Alaina Brian
May 8th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Pure Innocence
Well there are plenty of other debate boards out there on the net. Good luck with those that let you scream and cuss at each other and completely flame you for your lifestyles and attack you. That's not allowed on here. This debate board is the most respectful debate board I've ever seen, and while there are a few bad apples from time to time, it blows over and the overall consensus is that this place is pretty nice.
May 8th, 2007, 02:12 PM
EmilysMommy04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to EmilysMommy04
no one can make you feel inferior without your consent." -- eleanor roosevelt

May 8th, 2007, 02:33 PM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
mmhhmm amen!
˛ married to matt ˛
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
˛

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I &hearts; triathlon, running & hot yoga!
May 8th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Well there are plenty of other debate boards out there on the net. Good luck with those that let you scream and cuss at each other and completely flame you for your lifestyles and attack you. That's not allowed on here. This debate board is the most respectful debate board I've ever seen, and while there are a few bad apples from time to time, it blows over and the overall consensus is that this place is pretty nice.[/b]

Im seeing alot of quoting and flaming of posts describing ones lifestyle here.

Kayden Alaina Brian
May 8th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Pure Innocence
Quote:
Quote:
Well there are plenty of other debate boards out there on the net. Good luck with those that let you scream and cuss at each other and completely flame you for your lifestyles and attack you. That's not allowed on here. This debate board is the most respectful debate board I've ever seen, and while there are a few bad apples from time to time, it blows over and the overall consensus is that this place is pretty nice.[/b]

[/b]
There is a button at the bottom of posts that you can press if you think it's inappropriate and the mods will take a look.
May 8th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[/b]
There is a button at the bottom of posts that you can press if you think it's inappropriate and the mods will take a look.
[/b]
Just making an observation no need to report anyone...I just find it interesting. And I wouldnt want another 'why did it get deleted post"

Kayden Alaina Brian

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search