Happy tree friends

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Gina1978's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok..I hadent seen these before.So when they were anounced to come on regularly on a new Spanish TV chanel we have (for kids),I thought they were just super cute forest animals.
It comes on 6 times a day,3 at 8:30am (before the kids go to school) and 3 more at 6pm.So of course this afternoon,we got to see one...I was VERY surprised!!! I mean,they come on after a cute little show called "pocoyo" which my daughter LOVES!
My daughter is 7 and was so shocked by what she saw that she burst into tears,and my son (who is already a little agresive because he has ADHD and cant control himself) was screaming with laughter and wanted to see more (of course I turned it right off and Iv blocked the chanel) thats all he needs!.
For what age group are these "cute" little cartoons for!!? Does anyone else think that they are totally unnecesary and gross??
If they are meant for adults,why do we get them on a kids chanel?,and what on earth would an adult want to watch cute little animated forest animals ripping each other apart for?
I have looked them up on youtube too (you have got to love that site) and for those who dont know what the happy tree friends are,heres a video:

Happy tree friends episode

I think things like this are really disturbing! Isnt there enough violence in the world without having to see it in cartoons too? Even if they are aimed for older kids or adults,I still think its disgusting.
They are so graphic that they made me feel a little sick..I just dont think theres a need for such violence.

Thank you SO much for my new siggy Julia (Julka)!

May 8th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Pure Innocence
Ok,well the link doesn't work unless you are signed up to you tube and over the age of 18 because apparently this video is graphic. Enough said. If you have to be 18 to see it on the net WTH would they put in on a kids cartoon channel? I hate cartoons nowdays......they are sick and perverted with WAY too many adult references in them.

What happened to care bears??
May 8th, 2007, 10:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The existence of stuff like this is totally and utterly pointless.
May 8th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Cereal Killer's Avatar I'm climbin' in yo window
OMG!! I only watched 3 seconds of the cartoon and I saw a bird slaughtered in mid air and a squirrel get its neck broken. That is just sick! I would never want my children to watch that! I would write every person over that network and complain, I would also complain to any sponsors and organize and threaten a boycott. I can't believe how violent and graphic that cartoon is.

May 8th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Gina1978's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Ok,well the link doesn't work unless you are signed up to you tube and over the age of 18 because apparently this video is graphic. Enough said. If you have to be 18 to see it on the net WTH would they put in on a kids cartoon channel? I hate cartoons nowdays......they are sick and perverted with WAY too many adult references in them.

What happened to care bears??[/b]
I know! I used to watch the looney tunes or Tom and Jerry etc,so to me,this is disgusting! Its on a kids channel that has cartoons on 24/7 and theres alot of cartoon that I dont really like..but these are GROSS!

Quote:
The existence of stuff like this is totally and utterly pointless.[/b]
My point exactly

Thank you SO much for my new siggy Julia (Julka)!

May 8th, 2007, 11:09 AM
tevinsangel
This is a quote from Wikipedia "In some countries, certain episodes can be seen on television, such as the French, Dutch, German, Polish, Phillipino, Brazilian, Italian and Latin American MTV channels, the Greek Mad Music Channel and it will began to show on Paramount Comedy 1 from May 11, 2007, Canadian television channel Razer and on the Australian Special Broadcasting Service (SBS) network. On June 10, 2005, the shorts began showing during Attack of the Show!."
Also another quote from Wikipedia "As indicated on the official site, the show is "not recommended for small children or big babies." Not withstanding the cuteness of its characters, the show is extremely violent."

Source

From what I've read, this show is intended for adult humor and from the list above it is supposed to be shown on "intended for older audiences" channels (MTV, Razer, SBS and Attack of the Show).
May 8th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Lisadear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Lisadear Send a message via Yahoo to Lisadear

what the hell is that??????????

I never really knew what happy tree friends was except for some 'cute' lil thingies on my yahoo messenger

now I'm utterly shocked at what they really are!!! and to think its aired on a children's channel is appalling!

this is gross!

I couldn't even watch the whole thing on youtube just now ... yuck!

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
May 8th, 2007, 02:48 PM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
OMG, that is terrible! I would definently block it too that is just sick.
May 8th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
I have no idea what it is. I got rid of our programming because of the way most shows are now. My kids only watch movies that I buy or rent(that I screen ofcourse).

Michael(17), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(9), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(3), Ronan(1)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search