'08 Canidates

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2007, 04:03 PM
oicyur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Which '08 canidates are your favorites? Which ones have you ruled out already? And which ones are you in favor of? As in, which ones have you NOT ruled out?

Mom to Keira (6), Garrett (5), Libby (3), and William (8-29-12)
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
- Thomas Jefferson

May 11th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
I'd like to say who I rule out right now and why and who I might consider. But won't. If I tell you. Someone will think I'm racist and this horrid person. As has been said before on another board. Race,sex or whether they are democrat or republican will not be a deciding factor when I vote. I am not registered with one party or another. I've been watching the news and the ones running for president. What things they say they will do or not do once in office. Some of them in my oppinion have no clue how to properly run our country. That is based on what they talk about when I see the candidates on the news. When it comes to the election. I'll weigh out what good things I like they will do and let my religious beliefs also play a part in the vote also. I do have idea's in my head who might make a good president. But really haven't 100% made up my mind who I'll vote for.
May 11th, 2007, 11:04 AM
ahh, come on! Let us know! We won't stone you!

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
- Thomas Jefferson

May 11th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
Quote:
ahh, come on! Let us know! We won't stone you! [/b]

Ok you asked for it. Definately not Obama. He's to young and seems to wild of a person to run the country. Definately not Hilary Clinton either. I never liked her dh Bill Clinton as president. He was the one who I felt screwed up health care for us. Making insurance rates go through the roof. She don't appear she'd be any better just from what I hear of her on the news. I'm leaning towards Tommy Thomson. I felt he was a good governor for Wisconsin. I think he could probably run our country just fine.
May 13th, 2007, 06:46 AM
Synth_Rag_Doll's Avatar Veteran
I haven't picked a favorite canidate yet.. But I can tell you I will not be voting for Hilary Clinton.
May 15th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Im new here, so I will introduce myself, I am Aimee and momma of 2 beautiful girls (Lillee and Landree), wife to Allen who is a pilot in the greatest Air Force in the WORLD!!! I majored in Poli Sci in college so this is right up my ally. I am looking at either Fred Thompson or Newt Gingrich.

[b]Wife to Allen, the LOVE of my life since 2004</span>
May 15th, 2007, 06:42 PM
excitedmommy2007's Avatar Conservative in Exile
Quote:
I majored in Poli Sci in college so this is right up my ally. I am looking at either Fred Thompson or Newt Gingrich.[/b]
I'm a Poli Sci major as well!! I am definately pulling for Fred Thompson. As far as the main contenders for the Republican party, McCain, Rudy, Mitt....I just disagree with too many of their policies and beliefs to really be behind them. I think Thompson has the potential to be the next Ronald Reagan.

May 15th, 2007, 07:56 PM
donomama
Mitt Romney or John McCain. Did any of you catch the Republican debate tonight?

Betsy - you didn't answer!
May 21st, 2007, 08:58 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I'll come out and say I'm definitely not voting for Hilary, and probably not voting for Obama either. I like how he presents himself, but I don't agree with a lot of his beliefs and also think he could use a bit more experience. I'm torn on Rudy, I think he's a great leader and will do well for national security but am not sure about where he stands on some other issues. I really like Fred Thompson, and I want to know more from Mitt Romney before I make up my mind.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
May 28th, 2007, 08:55 AM
I'm leaning towards Mitt Romney and away from Clinton or Obama. I still need to learn more about all the canidates though.

- Thomas Jefferson

June 2nd, 2007, 12:50 AM
irishxrose
Obama or Hillary for me.
June 6th, 2007, 06:56 AM
Rachel81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
McCain

June 6th, 2007, 02:23 PM
kadydid
I actually was once opposed to Hillary but now I think I like her better than Obama. I don’t think I have made up my mind. I would not vote Republican at this point just based on fear alone lol But there are some who make me less ill than others.

I would love a third party!!
June 7th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Veteran
I'll admit, I'm a Republican, so for a Democrat to gain my vote, they'd have to be totally different than what most seem to stand for. So, in that respect, I'll likely vote Republican. I'm not sure yet who I would vote for, I haven't researched enough. However, if Fred Thompson were to run, I'd give him serious consideration.
January 2nd, 2008, 07:39 AM
SammyNowell
Huckabee.
January 4th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Super Mommy
Ron Paul. Seriously, don't pay too much attention to what mainstream media says about him. I don't trust the media one bit when it comes to politics. They can't make a decision for me, and that is what they try to do.

www.ronpaul2008.com
January 6th, 2008, 07:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
There are a few I'm considering, but with each of them I have differences on a few key issues. So I have to figure out what I'm most willing to sacrifice.

John McCain is my favorite right now, 100%. I think he's got the right combination of experience and willingness to go outside the "norm" in politics. He also has a terrific record of bipartisanship, and I agree with him on almost every issue.

But depending upon the coming months I'd consider Barack Obama or Mike Huckabee. Both of them are extremely personable and not in a slick way, but I disagree vehemently on some key issues for each (for Obama, the war; for Huckabee, abortion and gay marriage).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search