Life coexisting as one?

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Veteran
Do you believe in this concept? Even if you don't would'nt the world change for the better if every living soul knew or believed that everyone is interconnected at the core. Putting it in simple terms is when you look another you are also looking at yourself. When you do for others or hurt others you ulitmate do to or for yourself. I think this what Jesus meant when he said that when you did for the least of his brothers you did for him. In my opinion meaning we are all one. Is it possible that the seperation we percieve here is one big grand illusion? What are your thoughts on this?
May 8th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Mom2DavidandAaron's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Do you believe in this concept? Even if you don't would'nt the world change for the better if every living soul knew or believed that everyone is interconnected at the core. Putting it in simple terms is when you look another you are also looking at yourself. When you do for others or hurt others you ulitmate do to or for yourself. I think this what Jesus meant when he said that when you did for the least of his brothers you did for him. In my opinion meaning we are all one. Is it possible that the seperation we percieve here is one big grand illusion? What are your thoughts on this?[/b]
Well, I don't know if this is a similar concept and related to what you're saying, but in Judaism there is the idea of an interconnection. For example, during Yom Kippur, G-d judges us as individuals, but also as a people. So each transgression that another Jew comitted also affects me. Every observed commandment and good action also affects me. In the same fashion, my actions affect others.
The same goes for other groups. Judaism believes that you don't have to be Jewish to enjoy a good afterlife and be a good person in this life. We believe that all cultures and all beliefs have a special mission to fulfill. So there's some interconnection there to, because we all as humans bring forth positive or negative energies regardless of our religion depending on our actions. Those energies we bring affect everyone.
I hope I explained myself here. It's a difficult concept.

Sharon
May 8th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Pure Innocence
Quote:
Do you believe in this concept? Even if you don't would'nt the world change for the better if every living soul knew or believed that everyone is interconnected at the core. Putting it in simple terms is when you look another you are also looking at yourself. When you do for others or hurt others you ulitmate do to or for yourself. I think this what Jesus meant when he said that when you did for the least of his brothers you did for him. In my opinion meaning we are all one. Is it possible that the seperation we percieve here is one big grand illusion? What are your thoughts on this?[/b]
My belief is that everything on the planet has a universal energy and this energy is the Divine. So yes, at the core I do believe we are all connected.

As for the bold, this is exactly what Karma is and yes I believe in Karma.
May 9th, 2007, 12:56 AM
*kyle*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I believe in this concept but not because of religion. I believe in it on a sociological and ecological level. Also I just simply believe in being a good person and using my life to positively change and impact another life, lives, or the environment. I don't do it to get into a heaven or anything, but just because I feel compassion and connection toward all humans, and I like myself better when I live according to my principles. Being a good person and doing good deeds is the easiest way to live IMO.

I definitely wish that more people thought this way, whether due to religion or not! I think that this is actually one of the best end results of organized religion, when it works the way it's supposed to. It can help guide people to a sense of connectedness, love for others, and accountability for their actions.

If all people on earth felt this way, we would be living in paradise.

Unfortunately, sometimes religions are corrupted to provide love only for those like oneself and indifference or animosity towards those unlike oneself. I just watched the movie United 93 and the scene that stuck with me was where the prayers of the hijackers and the prayers of the passengers were juxtaposed. Both were supposedly praying to the same god, but were praying for opposite outcomes, and both believed truly that he/she was correct.

May 9th, 2007, 07:32 AM
oicyur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I believe that we all have the same Father in Heaven, (ie, God) and therefore are all brothers and sisters in spirit. So I feel that connection with everyone I know. Even though we may not look alike and may think very differently we are all related in a spiritual sense. And when you look at the people around you as family it is much harder to be mean to them (at least for me) and I feel a real brotherly love towards my fellow men. I do think that if everyone realized how connected we really are to each other it would shift our paradigms (or the way we see the world) and would change the way we treat each other on all different levels. However, there are some people who still hate their siblings, so I guess it wouldn't change for some. lol

Mom to Keira (6), Garrett (5), Libby (3), and William (8-29-12)
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
- Thomas Jefferson

May 10th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Veteran
Thanks for your responses. I am going to take this a little deeper. What I mean by we are all one is I am you as you are me. In the higher realities I believe we become everyone and everything and see things through the eyes of God and all of creation. I know of some people who through a spiritual experience described what I am talking about. In this state there is no sense of any seperation. But of course we cannot not live in this state while on earth and fulfill our prebirth self chosen missions.
May 15th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I believe that we all have the same Father in Heaven, (ie, God) and therefore are all brothers and sisters in spirit. So I feel that connection with everyone I know. Even though we may not look alike and may think very differently we are all related in a spiritual sense. And when you look at the people around you as family it is much harder to be mean to them (at least for me) and I feel a real brotherly love towards my fellow men. I do think that if everyone realized how connected we really are to each other it would shift our paradigms (or the way we see the world) and would change the way we treat each other on all different levels. However, there are some people who still hate their siblings, so I guess it wouldn't change for some. lol[/b]

I agree with Betsy. I don't feel that we are all one in that we REALLY are all ONE. We can be all one in purpose and we all come from the same God. However, we truly are individuals with our own thoughts, talents and strengths and weaknesses.

Mommy to 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Lindsey!

May 17th, 2007, 09:22 AM
bright future's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I believe somewhat similarly to oicyur and LuvEmm... God created every single person ever created. He created them in His image though they are all unique - every one of them. Jesus commanded we love one another as ourselves. He also died so that every human ever created, past, present and future, could be reconciled to God. I think there is a huge connectivity between us.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search