Al Quaida..

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2007, 07:02 AM
Veteran
This is just my random thought of the morning..

I believe, and I think a lot of Christians do--that God only judges us based on what we know..

So I was wondering, these people who kill and then die in the name of Allaha are doing what they think is right. So.. I wouldn't think people like this would be in heaven, but if that's all they know and they are following God in the best way they know of.. Hmmm.. point to ponder.

Then again, killing is in the 10 commandments..

I dunno. I was just reading about the Fort Dix plot, and thought of this--so what do you think?
May 9th, 2007, 11:31 AM
chloe82
IMO....(as a Christian)
Right and wrong isn't all subjective. God gave us a clear "right" and we have the choice whether or not to accept it or not. I don't think God just shrugs and says, "oh well, you thought it was the right thing to do so then it's ok..." KWIM? I mean, that would be a very fickle God, how could anyone ever know what the right thing to do in any situation is? Why would any choice really matter then, if it's all so individual, with no clear guidelines leading us to any kind of moral standards? I'm not one of those people who believes that every way eventually leads to God and heaven, I believe there is one way and that God gives everyone a fair chance because He is a fair God. So no, I don't think that just because people think that what they're doing is ok means it is ok in God's eyes. Hope that makes some sense.
May 9th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Mom2DavidandAaron's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree that with different religions, different sets of moral apply. It's very fashionable now to respect all beliefs and practices and up to a certain point that is true. I sincerely don't believe in forcing another faith into changing their practices or abolishing them to please others, we're living in a sort of "all-inclusive" society where every person's velief has to be respected. I completely agree that just because we have different beliefs that doesn't mean we can respect each other, but there IS an absolute. Whether we all believe in it or not, there is some things that just are absolutely wrong, regardless of the justification. I believe killing is that one thing. That's when a belief becomes unacceptable and that's when I think ignorance of the facts won't save you from a punishment.

Sharon
May 10th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Veteran
This is what I believe. God does not judge. We do that ourselves all the time. No one is wrong based on their view of the world. I say this from a spiritual perspective. Of course as a human being I believe all necessary measures should be taken to stop terrorism. The universal laws do not punish however whatever energy is sent out will return to the sender. Meaning every pain,pleasure and so on will be experienced by the one or ones who caused it. Everyone will experience the results of their own creations. Also because I believe in reincarnation I do not doubt that all of us behaved as tyrants at one time or another.
May 11th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We just got out of a cultural class of the middle eastern countries and it was taught by people who are FROM those countries. People who say they "do this in the name of Allah" are radicals... Allah does not encourage the way Al Qaida acts. Their on the own beliefs. Muslim~the word means peace... not all muslims believe in dying for Allah like the way terrorist do...

Thank you Jacquie for the beautiful siggy!

Getting ready to do what I do!!!! One day at a time! Protecting your freedom!
May 11th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Mom2DavidandAaron's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
This is what I believe. God does not judge. We do that ourselves all the time. No one is wrong based on their view of the world. I say this from a spiritual perspective. Of course as a human being I believe all necessary measures should be taken to stop terrorism. The universal laws do not punish however whatever energy is sent out will return to the sender. Meaning every pain,pleasure and so on will be experienced by the one or ones who caused it. Everyone will experience the results of their own creations. Also because I believe in reincarnation I do not doubt that all of us behaved as tyrants at one time or another.[/b]
But if G-d won't judge our actions either here or after we die, how will He determine what consequence is needed for our souls to learn from our transgresions? The point of reincarnation (at least, for me) isn't to "pay" for what we've done, but to continue to try to achieve our goals and our mission. G-d does judge, but He judges fairly, His justice is absolutely perfect. And His punishments aren't a form of revenge, they are educational, to help us learn from our mistakes.

Sharon
May 12th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Quote:
This is what I believe. God does not judge. We do that ourselves all the time. No one is wrong based on their view of the world. I say this from a spiritual perspective. Of course as a human being I believe all necessary measures should be taken to stop terrorism. The universal laws do not punish however whatever energy is sent out will return to the sender. Meaning every pain,pleasure and so on will be experienced by the one or ones who caused it. Everyone will experience the results of their own creations. Also because I believe in reincarnation I do not doubt that all of us behaved as tyrants at one time or another.[/b]
But if G-d won't judge our actions either here or after we die, how will He determine what consequence is needed for our souls to learn from our transgresions? The point of reincarnation (at least, for me) isn't to "pay" for what we've done, but to continue to try to achieve our goals and our mission. G-d does judge, but He judges fairly, His justice is absolutely perfect. And His punishments aren't a form of revenge, they are educational, to help us learn from our mistakes.

Sharon
[/b]
God would not need to determine anything. The universe is set up in a way that for every cause there will be an effect. There always be a natural balancing. As for learning there is really nothing for souls to learn because in its true state it already knows everything. The whole purpose of life is for souls to create and experience and ultimately remember who they really are. Reincarnation simply allows them to have every experience one life alone could not do. Reincarnation also allows souls not only experience the results of their own creations but also allows them to continue to create.

An example of what I am talking would be the case of the hijackers who crashed the planes into the buiding on 9/11. Upon their death they experienced a life review. They not only relived their live all over again but also had to experience being in the bodies of those who were effected by their actions and feel what the others felt emotionally. This includes even those they never met such as the survivors. That is what it means to experience the results of their creations. At some point they will or have already reincarnated in order to begin to balance the karma from the past life and continue to create new experiences.
May 15th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This is a very interesting subject. God is perfect right? His law is perfect, so is His justice and also His mercy. Which is why He provided a Savior to satisfy the demands of justice. Just as ThomasL said, cause and effect. Justice HAS to be satisfied and mercy cannot rob justice so someone has to pay the price. This is what Jesus did. Now, the point of saying this is that if you truly believe that God is perfect and so is His mercy, would it really be right to condemn those who do not know or understand the truth?? Wouldn't it make more sense for God to judge based on your understanding and knowledge? Would it be right that someone living in a mountain cave who was taught only the wrong things and NEVER heard the name of God or Christ should be condemned to eternity in hell? Or would it make more sense for God to be perfectly just and to provide a Savior to atone not only for those sins that were willfully committed, but also those that were unknowingly committed according to our understanding of the law?

2 Neph1 9 25-26
25 "... and where there is no law given there is no punishment; and where there is no punishment there is no condemnation; and where there is no condemnation the mercies of the Holy One of Israel have claim upon them, because of the atonement; for they are delivered by the power of him.
26 "For the atonement satisfieth the demands of his justice upon all those who have not the law given to them, that they are delivered from that awful monster, death and hell, and the devil, and the lake of fire and brimstone, which is endless torment; and they are restored to that God who gave them breath, which is the Holy One of Israel."

Doesn't it make more sense that those who fight their "holy war" for Al Quaida who don't know any different or were brainwashed or whatever would have the mercy of Jesus Christ to claim them? That because God's mercy is perfect He would be UNmerciful to condemn them to a law they did not know? Now He will hold them to what they DID understand and only He is the judge and only He can know the thoughts and intents of their heart. I believe that God will give all the opportunity whether in this life or the next to hear the word and to TRULY understand it and be given the chance to accept it or reject it and only He will know if this has happened. I believe in God's perfect mercy and perfect justice and in the atonement of Christ. Which is why I will not claim anyone to be saved or unsaved. Shouldn't we leave the judgment to God who is perfect and judges perfectly?

Mommy to 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Lindsey!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search