Sperm Donor ordered to pay child support

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2007, 06:31 AM
Pure Innocence
It's one thing if the sperm donor guy WILLINGLY gave money to help out. But it should not be expected. The women wanted the child, it's THEIR child now, THEY need to take care of them.
May 10th, 2007, 06:35 AM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
It's one thing if the sperm donor guy WILLINGLY gave money to help out. But it should not be expected. The women wanted the child, it's THEIR child now, THEY need to take care of them.[/b]

Ditto. But I think according to the article, the women aren't still together. Still... that's a committment that they made (to have a child), and they need to be responsible. Sounds to me that even though the bio father was involved, the women are after money.

May 10th, 2007, 06:39 AM
Pure Innocence
Quote:
Quote:
It's one thing if the sperm donor guy WILLINGLY gave money to help out. But it should not be expected. The women wanted the child, it's THEIR child now, THEY need to take care of them.[/b]

Ditto. But I think according to the article, the women aren't still together. Still... that's a committment that they made (to have a child), and they need to be responsible. Sounds to me that even though the bio father was involved, the women are after money.
[/b]
They should be asking their exes then for child support.
May 10th, 2007, 06:47 AM
mommyKathyX3
absolutly rediculous. It says that Penn. is one state that does not have the law where mothers cant seek child support from a sperm donor. That is obserd, if "jack smith" (just an example) the uncle/cousin/friend decided to become close to the family and develop a relationship with the child should HE be liable for child support? Of course not. He was helping them out, and they are now taking advantage of him. Thats why EVERY situation should have a legal agreement done up even if there is good feelings from all people, cause feelings can always change.

edited for typo
May 10th, 2007, 06:49 AM
Cereal Killer's Avatar I'm climbin' in yo window
Quote:
absolutly rediculous. It says that Penn. is one state that does not have the law where mothers cant seek child support from a sperm donor. That is obserd, if "jack smith" (just an example) the uncle/cousin/friend decided to become close to the family and develop a relationship with the child should HE be liable for child support? Of course not. He was helping them out, and they are not taking advantage of him. Thats why EVER situation should have a legal agreement done up even if there is good feelings from all people, cause feelings can always change.[/b]
Ditto.

May 10th, 2007, 07:23 AM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:
"The process was very informal — Jacob was inseminated at home."[/b]
This is the problem I have with sperm donation and it not being done through third parties like agencies. Had they gone through the proper channels, would this had even happened? I doubt it.
May 10th, 2007, 08:20 AM
mommyKathyX3
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Quote:
"The process was very informal — Jacob was inseminated at home."[/b]
This is the problem I have with sperm donation and it not being done through third parties like agencies. Had they gone through the proper channels, would this had even happened? I doubt it.
[/b][/quote]

Actually since they are in Pennslvania, and ANY known sperm donor is not protected no matter the means of insemination, they could have STILL persued it. It might be harder to prove, but its still possible.

Google "sperm donor sued for child support" and see what comes up. Sure a lot of them are the 'turkey baster' ways, but I found a couple of them where they found a donor, went through a clinic, and still sued.

Its sad, that it either has to be annonomous, or you cant chance it anymore. I guess money does corrupt.

eta a word
May 10th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Pure Innocence
Mememememememem society again.
May 10th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Caeden&#39;sMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Mememememememem society again.[/b]
This cracks me up for some reason...

*Ahem* Sorry, back on topic... Yeah, this is totally wrong.
May 10th, 2007, 06:53 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
This is so wrong! I don't see it as much different than an open adoption. If a mother gives birth to a child, gives the child up for adoption but is still allowed to see the child no one would be able to go after her for child support.

There should only be 2 people who are legally required to provide support a child. Those women should be the ones who are legally responsible.

May 10th, 2007, 08:03 PM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
This is so wrong! I don't see it as much different than an open adoption. If a mother gives birth to a child, gives the child up for adoption but is still allowed to see the child no one would be able to go after her for child support.

There should only be 2 people who are legally required to provide support a child. Those women should be the ones who are legally responsible.[/b]

I totally agree!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search