Am I the only one who thinks this way...

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My friend who is THREE months pregnant and her doctor has already said we can induce 2 weeks early...she tells me this and I immediatly tell her she is crazy... She says its for her own mentality... But am I wrong for thinking she should wait it out due to the baby or is this right... mind you she is not mentally unstable..

Thank you Jacquie for the beautiful siggy!

Getting ready to do what I do!!!! One day at a time! Protecting your freedom!
May 11th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:
My friend who is THREE months pregnant and her doctor has already said we can induce 2 weeks early...she tells me this and I immediatly tell her she is crazy... She says its for her own mentality... But am I wrong for thinking she should wait it out due to the baby or is this right... mind you she is not mentally unstable..[/b]
In most situations I would agree with you but because she does suffer from mental illness in some way, it might be a good idea to go with the doctor. On the other hand, everything I've read about drugs increases chances of PPD. Couple that with people who have or already suffer from mental illness, they are already at a higher chance of having PPD ~ it just sounds like she might need lots of support no matter what happens.
May 11th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Pure Innocence
Quote:
My friend who is THREE months pregnant and her doctor has already said we can induce 2 weeks early...she tells me this and I immediatly tell her she is crazy... She says its for her own mentality... But am I wrong for thinking she should wait it out due to the baby or is this right... mind you she is not mentally unstable..[/b]
Does she have a mental illness?
May 11th, 2007, 02:16 PM
bubblesispreggers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to bubblesispreggers
I think doctors like that should be shot! Well, not really, but they should NOT be practicing medicine! I think inductions should be left for medically necessary situations or for those situations such as deployment of the father. Convenience is an irresponsible reason to induce. Sorry if that offends you but that's how I feel.

EDIT: If I am correct, I think you, Michelle, may have misunderstood. From the OP I didn't not get the impression the friend was mentally ill. I doubt she'd be calling her friend crazy if she truly was crazy.

</MARQUEE>
May 11th, 2007, 02:18 PM
donomama
Under most situations, I would think it was crazy. However, at the beginning of my 2nd pregnancy, my doc told he that I should be planning ahead for a possible early induction - for reasons that happened with my DD. I had people tell me I was crazy and that I wasn't thinking it through. I just think it depends on the situation. I don't think it should ever be a definite though, until the mom is actually at the point of being ready to be induced.
May 11th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Pure Innocence
Quote:
Convenience is an irresponsible reason to induce.[/b]
I agree with this. But if the lady in the OP has a mental illness that may be considered medical reasons.
May 11th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Convenience is an irresponsible reason to induce.[/b]
I agree with this. But if the lady in the OP has a mental illness that may be considered medical reasons.
[/b]

Of course. But from reading the OP I did not perceive the friend to be mentally ill.

</MARQUEE>
May 11th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:
She says its for her own mentality... mind you she is not mentally unstable..[/b]
I guess I don't know if this person does or does not have issues.
May 11th, 2007, 02:27 PM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's just weird to me because how can a doctor say that they will for sure induce you 2 wks early if they don't even know if you'll be ready to deliver then. If you aren't thinned out or dilating or anything, you can be induced, but probably STILL won't go into labor.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

May 11th, 2007, 02:28 PM
LaceyMommy2B
i think it might have been read wrong.. but the OP says "shes NOT mentally UNstable."
i think babies should come when they are ready, unless she is suffering from something like PRE-E, like i was. my dr told me he would induce me a week early.. because DH was going to try to fly in for 2wks around my due date n we worried that he would have to leave before i had her. i know it sounds selfish, but i was wreck knowing my dh may miss the birth of our first child (he did anyways)..either way.. he said hed induce me only if they did ultrasound n Gracey was ready, and my body showed signs that it was already getting ready to labor anyways.

if its just because.. i dont know.. hopefully they wont have gotten the due date wrong or anything and the baby is ready.
May 11th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My bad... she is SOOO NOT MENTALLY UNSTABLE... she is active duty military and just peachy... yep I called her crazy... but that is my lovely friendship with her... we are very blunt with each other... I think she is crazy... oh and her hubby is civilian... She is already complaining about being pregnant... she is a whiner... sorry but I can say those things because I tell her...

May 11th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Pure Innocence
lol!!

No I don't agree with that type of induction.
May 11th, 2007, 02:38 PM
donomama
So she just wants one because she doesn't want to deal with the pregnancy? I'm not in favor of that, even at 40 weeks!
May 11th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
See I knew I wasn't insane... well... maybe a little... but more views are welcome

May 11th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:
My bad... she is SOOO NOT MENTALLY UNSTABLE... she is active duty military and just peachy... yep I called her crazy... but that is my lovely friendship with her... we are very blunt with each other... I think she is crazy... oh and her hubby is civilian... She is already complaining about being pregnant... she is a whiner... sorry but I can say those things because I tell her...[/b]
..on active duty and NOT mentally unstable? (I'M JUST KIDDING!!!)

I don't agree with her getting induced for a reason of convenience. I wish many women wouldn't get induced just because they are overdue a few days.. but I'm a weird one.
May 11th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Quote:
My bad... she is SOOO NOT MENTALLY UNSTABLE... she is active duty military and just peachy... yep I called her crazy... but that is my lovely friendship with her... we are very blunt with each other... I think she is crazy... oh and her hubby is civilian... She is already complaining about being pregnant... she is a whiner... sorry but I can say those things because I tell her...[/b]
..on active duty and NOT mentally unstable? (I'M JUST KIDDING!!!)

I don't agree with her getting induced for a reason of convenience. I wish many women wouldn't get induced just because they are overdue a few days.. but I'm a weird one.
[/b]
I'm right there with you! Accupuncture is about as much of an intervention that I'm comfortable with.

</MARQUEE>
May 11th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just embraced the suck... then had the baby... once I realized she was my last I enjoyed it... I was happy being pregnant

May 11th, 2007, 03:17 PM
~*Dina*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No your not crazy, I dont agree w/early induction for convience. Early induction should only be used if something is medically wrong w/you or the baby or if the baby is growing rapidly (in my case)

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

May 11th, 2007, 03:21 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I think unless there is a clear medical indication, the risks of induction do not outweigh the "benefits".

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

May 11th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Quote:
No your not crazy, I dont agree w/early induction for convience. Early induction should only be used if something is medically wrong w/you or the baby or if the baby is growing rapidly (in my case) [/b]

Growing rapidly? Aren't they supposed to do that? Did she stop "growing rapidly" after she was born or is it a continuing thing? I'm seriously confused. Could you explain what you mean? Does it have a medical term?

</MARQUEE>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search