Is this rude how would you handle this

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
Lets say one of your sibblings gets divorced. In this case it was my sister who did recently. Your at a family something and the sibblings ex is there with the new gf or bf. Some weeks back we were at my nieces First Communion. Naturally sister ex would be there. He's the daddy. There was other family and friends from both sides of the family there. I see a woman sitting next to sisters ex. I kept wondering who is she. I don't recognize her as his side of the family. Is this a friend or what. I don't say nothing to anyone of who she is. But I see my sisters middle child a dd being really nice with her. Sitting on her lap talking. So I assumed it was some friend or relative to the family. After church was over. I sisters ex walking hand in hand with this woman. I quietly say to dh. He has a gf already. Dh says Oh he come up to me with this girl and introduced her as his new gf. This happened while I was over with my neice getting her picture in her Communion gown in church. My sister said before hand none of her ex's family is coming to her house for the party later. They are doing something a week later when dad has his weekend with the kids. We got to my sisters house. My sister was in the kitchen making a pot of coffee. I quietly asked her when did T get a new gf. She quietly says back. That's why we're in the situation we're in. She was pretty much telling me they divorced because he cheated. I said enough said and done there. I never even brought it up to my sister that I felt it rude he flaunted that girl around his exwifes side of the family. How would you react to something like this. Would you say something to your sibblings ex about how you feel about the new gf or bf.
May 15th, 2007, 06:42 PM
tevinsangel
I would not say anything. I would consider it none of my business and I would just act like nothing was wrong. For all you know, he brought her there to create drama - if he doesn't get it, the spotlights not on him. However, if he ends up having an actual relationship with this woman, she'll probably be at more family functions where the child is involved. And the child should not be subjected to conversations or dirty looks geared towards her father's new GF. Sorry you're sister had to go through that though, that must have been hard.
May 15th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I wasn't going to say anything to him. Yeah he'll probably be at more family functions in the future with her or whoever he may be seeing at the time. I just acted like big woop di do in front of everyone he had some new girl. I felt sad for my sister having to go through all this. I did tell my sister enough said and done. I won't bring this up with you again unless you feel the need to talk to someone. Then I'll be here for you.
May 15th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would keep my nose out and allow my sister to deal with it in the way she wants too.

I don't like to butt into peoples relationships, be in siblings or friends.
May 15th, 2007, 06:51 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I wouldn't say anything either. It really isn't your place and I highly doubt what you have to say would mean anything to him anyway. If they are divorced he does have the right to date someone else (even if this was the reason for the divorce) and he has the right to include her in his life with his children if he chooses to. The most important thing is the kids and if they seem to like her than for their sake sometimes you just have to put on a happy face.

May 16th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Lisadear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Lisadear Send a message via Yahoo to Lisadear
actually I wouldnt say anything either ... its NO ONE else's business but their own really.

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
May 16th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You really dont have any right to be mean to him. If he is happy let him be... I am very amnibical (sp) with my ex husband. We eat dinner with him and his girlfriend. He cheated on me and that is my reason for divorcing him. I don't know why anyone would say anything. That is HIS daughter too... and if she treats the kids nice then get over it... People deal with some things different from others. Obviously the kids like her if their crawling all over her. Let them be... people get all fussy over things they shouldn't... Sorry not being rude or disgraceful but people stuck their noses in my business the same as this story and it pissed me off pretty bad

Thank you Jacquie for the beautiful siggy!

Getting ready to do what I do!!!! One day at a time! Protecting your freedom!
May 16th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
You really dont have any right to be mean to him. If he is happy let him be... I am very amnibical (sp) with my ex husband. We eat dinner with him and his girlfriend. He cheated on me and that is my reason for divorcing him. I don't know why anyone would say anything. That is HIS daughter too... and if she treats the kids nice then get over it... People deal with some things different from others. Obviously the kids like her if their crawling all over her. Let them be... people get all fussy over things they shouldn't... Sorry not being rude or disgraceful but people stuck their noses in my business the same as this story and it pissed me off pretty bad[/b]

I've had people who told me if that were their sibbling or their child. They'd be all over that ex and the gf. That's not my style to do that. I do whatever to keep peace in the family. They said I should say something to him and her. I'm thinking why? Is it worth it to cause a riff in th family. Sisters ex did nothing to dh,I or our son. So I have no reason to be mean to him. Just was wondering if any of you's felt the same as others have told me I should be.
May 16th, 2007, 03:03 PM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's nobody's business but the people involved, which would be your sister and her ex.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search