So what if...

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2007, 08:34 AM
irishxrose
your husband/SO is invited to a wedding, and you and your children are not? What would you do?

I'm dealing with this right now. My fiance is invited to and was supposed to be in a mutual friend's wedding, and this friend now apparently hates me. Joshua and I are not invited, and it was like a slap in the face. I am very angry right now. Jason has told this friend that if I'm not invited, he's not going to be in it. Did we do the right thing?
May 17th, 2007, 08:37 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Well I can see not inviting children. A lot of people do that and I wouldn't be offended by that. Now as for not inviting you I think that is rude. I'm glad your SO stood up for you by saying if you weren't invited then he wouldn't go. You are a couple and besides who expects someone to go to a wedding without a date especially if that person has a significant other!

I wouldn't go!

May 17th, 2007, 08:38 AM
donomama
Yay Jason! I think he totally did the right thing. You guys are a family. I believe that if you invite one, you invite them all. If no children at all were invited, I can see why maybe they didn't invite Joshua, but it sounds like that's not the case here. Either way, YOU should have been invited. I couldn't be friends with someone that "hated" my DH anyway. That's not a true friend.
May 17th, 2007, 08:45 AM
MrsCalhoun's Avatar Ryan Lover
i think that he did the right thing completly. Although i never really agreed with the don't bring your children please thing. I'm sorry, my children are part of my family, and not small creatures to be locked away at someones request. Granted, i will obtain a baby sitter if i plan on staying late, but they will be dropped off. I'm a package deal. Totally ot. Sorry.

May 17th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AmberL
He did the right thing. I think it's pretty rude to tell someone their significant other isn't invited. I thought most invitations were for YOU and GUEST. So...since when can they tell YOU who their GUEST is allowed to be? Honestly, if a "friend" told me I couldn't bring my dh...that person would likely no longer be a "friend". I definitely wouldn't attend the wedding!!!

May 17th, 2007, 08:56 AM
mommyKathyX3
I think its silly to say no kids, but I understand that is some peoples preference, but to not invite YOU! Thats BS! I think he did the right thing. No Andrika, no Jason!

Edited cause I'm stupid
May 17th, 2007, 09:18 AM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
Good for your fiance! I'd boycott the wedding for sure - and no gift or stag party or shower either - in fact I'd stop being friends with them altogether.

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
May 17th, 2007, 09:21 AM
lotus86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lotus86 Send a message via Yahoo to lotus86
Quote:
Yay Jason! I think he totally did the right thing. You guys are a family. I believe that if you invite one, you invite them all. If no children at all were invited, I can see why maybe they didn't invite Joshua, but it sounds like that's not the case here. Either way, YOU should have been invited. I couldn't be friends with someone that "hated" my DH anyway. That's not a true friend.[/b]
I agree.
May 17th, 2007, 09:50 AM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
Wow, I would be pissed. I know some people do the no kids thing at their weddings but to not invite you is pretty much a personal insult. That's awesome that he stood up for you and refused the invite though!
May 17th, 2007, 10:46 AM
EmilysMommy04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to EmilysMommy04
WHat a great man you have there. He did the right thing. We have come across a lil problem like that here. My bfs mother was having a cook out she invited him and sierra but she said Emily and I were not invited. SHe had never ever met me before. It was because of my last name. Alot of my family has been in jail and prison. But myself and my brother and sister have not. We werent raised by my family with my last name. So she thought well if they are like that we are all like that. My boyfriend said if they arent invited Sierra and I wont be there. He said this is his family and people need to accept it. Well later that night she called and wanted to talk to me she invited Emily and I. We went and she saw Im not like the other part of my family now she loves me to death . She calls me alot just to talk. But you are his family and his family comes first

May 17th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Mia&Mattea'sMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like he did the right thing to me too. Like someone else mentioned that if it were that the children weren't invited I could see that. A lot of people don't invite kids, but to no invite you is rude. If it happened to me and I wasn't invited especially because they don't like you, then you better believe DH would not be going.

Kourtney Mom to Mia 1-7-06
& Mattea 1-20-08
May 17th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
He absolutely did the right thing!

May 17th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think Jason did the right thing. I can understand the no child preference, but knowing that somebody has a spouse or SO and refuses to invite them is just rude and petty.
May 17th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Andrika... YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL FIANCE... KEEP A HOLD OF HIM! HE IS ALL MAN

Thank you Jacquie for the beautiful siggy!

Getting ready to do what I do!!!! One day at a time! Protecting your freedom!
May 17th, 2007, 11:52 AM
rdhdtrue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rdhdtrue
Quote:
I think its silly to say no kids, but I understand that is some peoples preference, but to not invite YOU! Thats BS! I think he did the right thing. No Andrika, no Jason!

Edited cause I'm stupid [/b]
(But not about you being stupid )
May 17th, 2007, 11:54 AM
tevinsangel
Sounds like Jason needs a big huge hug/kiss/cuddle because he did totally the right thing. You are his SO, the mother of his child, if they don't like you, they don't like him.
May 17th, 2007, 11:58 AM
bubblesispreggers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to bubblesispreggers
I just have to ditto what everyone else said. You should be proud that you have such a wonderful fiance!

</MARQUEE>
May 17th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Veteran
Quote:
your husband/SO is invited to a wedding, and you and your children are not? What would you do?

I'm dealing with this right now. My fiance is invited to and was supposed to be in a mutual friend's wedding, and this friend now apparently hates me. Joshua and I are not invited, and it was like a slap in the face. I am very angry right now. Jason has told this friend that if I'm not invited, he's not going to be in it. Did we do the right thing?[/b]
Oh yes you did! I think you and your fiancé handled it in the best possible way. I, on the other hand, would probably have sent the invitation back, including a picture of both my kid's and my own behinds, but that's just me

I'm sorry you have to deal with that. You seem to have had a full plate lately
May 17th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am going through this right now too but with the kids.

Me, DF and Jasmine (our daughter) has been invited to a wedding but the boys have not been invited. All the other kids are in the family but mine are not because DF didn't help conceive them so none of us are going. We come as a family.
May 17th, 2007, 03:58 PM
*kyle*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Being asked to stand up in a wedding is an honor.

And a wedding invitation is just that, an open-ended optional invitation... not an obligation.

Your fiance and you were NOT honored, so therefore you may turn down the invitation graciously.

Yes, I think you guys did the right thing!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search