List of supplements *please help add to list*

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2009, 07:00 PM
Marlz.

TTC A BOY SUPPLEMENTS

For ladies

* Green tea- Helps improve fertility. Helps loosen cm. 2-3 cups a day.

*Evening primrose oil 1000mg - Increases cm & ewcm. Take from last day of af until ovulation. 2-3 tablets a day.

*Potassium tablets 99mg - Helps adding potassium to cm and makes cm more alkaline.

*Fish oil 1000mg- Helps ewcm plus it makes the cm more alkaline.

* Fertile cm- Helps to increase testosterone in females. for ewcm and is alkaline. Can be taken from af - af.

*Folic acid- .Helps prevent birth defects and misscarriage.

For men

*Zinc 50mg- Helps to raise testostrone- 1 a day

* B-12 150 mcg - Repairs sperm count.

* CoQ 10 cardio formula- Helps to raise testorone and sperm count. also helps ph.

*Fish oil 100mg- will help raise ph. Will raise sperm count. MAKE SURE its mercury free. As it will sway for a girl if it has mercury in it.

*Folic acid-Helps boost sperm count.

TTC A GIRL SUPPLEMENTS

For ladies

*Calcium 1200mg a day- helps to add calcium in cm . Take from af to ovulation.

* Folic acid- It does sway. prevents birth defects and misscarriage.

* Vitamen C tablets 500MG- Helps lower ph.

* cranberry 2000mg

*Magnesium- Helps to sway for a girl.

*Acidilophis- Helps lower ph.

For men

*Cranberry- helps to lower ph

*licorice root 450mg -lowers testosterone raises estrogen. He can take them from your af to ovulation.

*Calcium -Sways for girls and helps lower ph.

Thank ladies

Last edited by Marlz.; November 14th, 2009 at 01:16 AM.
April 23rd, 2009, 08:37 PM
LovingMyBoys's Avatar Mom of 3 boys
I thought women were to take cranberry for ttc a girl? I didnt know men were, might get DH onto those too

April 25th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Marlz.
Thanks.. If you know of any other supplements please let me know and I'll add them.
I'll do some more research next week and I’ll add some more as well.

Last edited by Marlz.; July 24th, 2010 at 03:26 PM.
April 27th, 2009, 04:28 PM
LovingMyBoys's Avatar Mom of 3 boys
I think its 2000mg a day if that helps. Thanks for the tip on cranberry for DH, I might get him onto those too if its not too late.

May 6th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Marlz.
Thank you!

Come on ladies I'm sure theres more out there..
June 6th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Joliving4Jesus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
Magnesium helps favor a girl, I've been taking that for months now and read it several times.

August 9th, 2009, 01:00 AM
What is af?
August 10th, 2009, 07:20 AM
I have found that Robitussum cough syrup helps thin out the cm. You take it 4- 5 days before ovulatioin 2 teaspoon every 4 hours 3 times a day and also take it on the day of ovulation. As well, if you are using an opk, keep taking it upto and including day of ovulation. I found this very interesting and my aunt also told me once to do this but it never hit me until I came across it. this weekend. It is also on this website justmommies. Check it out. I know I will be using it as of tonight.
August 25th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Marlz.
Does it sway for a boy or a girl do you know?
August 31st, 2009, 08:01 AM
Regular
While there's not a lot of medical research to support this idea, anecdotal evidence suggests that it can help. But there are a few caveats, too. One ingredient in certain cough syrups — guaifenesin — can help you get pregnant by thinning your cervical fluid, which enables sperm to travel through your cervix and fertilize an egg. If you know from taking your temperature every morning that you're ovulating, but you don't seem to be producing much wet, slippery, cervical fluid, guaifenesin might be all the help you need to get pregnant. This is the paradox, though: You need to know when you're approaching ovulation to take advantage of this recommendation, and the only way to know that is by checking your cervical fluid. So guaifenesin works best on women who do produce at least some cervical fluid.

How does it work? Guaifenesin, a common ingredient in cough syrups, is an "expectorant." That is, it relieves congestion by helping liquefy mucus in your lungs, allowing you to cough it up. And because it works systemically on all mucous membranes in your body, it can make your cervical fluid wetter, too.

The trick is to find a cough syrup in which guaifenesin is the only active ingredient, so check labels carefully. Many cough and cold medicines contain antihistamines that also work systemically in your body but have the reverse effect: They dry up mucus and diminish wet cervical fluid. And while you're trying to get pregnant, there's no reason to expose yourself to any other drugs unnecessarily, so find a product that contains only guaifenesin and no other active ingredients, including dextromethorphan (a cough suppressant) and alcohol. Humibid LA — the pill form of guaifenesin, available by prescription — is a safe choice. Ask your healthcare provider to prescribe it for you.

If you're taking the liquid form of guaifenesin, take 2 teaspoons three times a day around the time of month you're expecting to ovulate. If you're taking the pill form (Humibid LA), take it as prescribed for a cold. Either way, I would encourage you to take it from the first day you notice any type of wetness through the day of your temperature shift. That may be about a week. (Editor's note: If you're not yet charting your basal body temperature, click here for more information on how to do it.)

Guaifenesin may even work for women who've had abnormal cervical cells frozen off or who've had a cone biopsy — the removal of a cone-shaped wedge of the cervix to treat lesions that may be precancerous. This procedure destroys some of the cervical crypts that produce fluid. If this is what's behind your low production of cervical fluid, taking guaifenesin might help you produce enough wet, slippery fluid through the remaining cervical crypts to help you get pregnant
October 16th, 2009, 01:01 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
do you know if it's safe to take the girl supplements while breastfeeding?

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
November 9th, 2009, 07:29 AM
mommy jenn's Avatar Mega Super Mom2Morgan
ChicaChels bfing is also a factor for swaying a girl and taking the suppliments for girl swaying is fine. they natural. cranberry can even help your baby if she gets urinary tract infections (my little girl gets them all the time)

are you going to try sway? COOL! keep me posted!

November 11th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Hi ladies

I am new but this looks like a great forum. So glad I found it.

Thanks for making up this list- so helpful.

I bought a plan from a-gender who help with gender swaying and they have magnesium in their list for trying to conceive a girl for the woman to take- up to 400mg a day. They have been really great to me and seem to know what they are talking about. I only bought a silver plan- on special for $39 Australian this month- actually it also mentions acidophilus for a girl?? Has anyone heard of this? There stats are pretty high so I think I will follow all their advice.

There are lots of lifestyle changes I am going to have to make- just hope I can do it!

Good luck to all of you and me too- hee hee!!!
November 22nd, 2009, 09:35 AM
Thanks for all of the info !! I have three boys, and we would love to have a little girl. Maybe these recommendations will help =).
November 28th, 2009, 03:25 AM
Marlz.
Welcome countrygirl If you have any more questions feel free to ask. Good luck.
February 28th, 2010, 06:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've read on numerous web sites now that you have to have Calcium Citrate to sway girl and NOT Calcium Carbonate. Most of what you find in local pharmacies is the carbonate. And be sure to take it with Vit. D or else you don't absorb enough.

And I also read one baby aspirin a day. It helps prevent m/c, it lowers pH so that helps sway girl and it's great for your heart anyway. You shouldn't take it with cranberry though because both are blood thinners...that's what I've read, I've yet to run it past my MD.
This is the miracle of love.” -Maureen Mansfield

(6), (3) and a due Dec. 25, 2011 and one up above and forever in our hearts.

March 12th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sudafed dries up EWCM and sways pink
Zirtek sways pink
Lydia pinkham compound sways pink
Vitamin b6 helps lengthen the luteal phase and also sways pink
Zinc for the woman doesnt sway but can help the quality of the egg

[/url]
April 10th, 2010, 10:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
how far in advance should i be taking these supplements? We aren't TTC until Fall!

April 22nd, 2010, 10:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
For at least 6 weeks before ttc. You should stop taking cranberry after Ovulation, during the 2 week wait.
The cough syrup sways blue.

[/url]
July 30th, 2010, 07:00 PM
myfavoriteshoes's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Skype™ to myfavoriteshoes
If men are taking cranberry also, do they keep taking it while we arent (TWW)?? I'm guessing that has no effect on anything, but you know, I need to ask lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search