♂ Boy Diet- Please help to make a list! ♂

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2010, 04:21 PM
i agree with shell1981.... start the ov kit from day 10 of your cycle..... a friend of mine just had her 3rd girl and she said she used a kit and bd as soon as the pos result came up and she also done everything else that they say for boy method but still ended up with a girl. i did everything boy method says and also did ov kit but i waited 24 hours before bding after the pos result came up.... once you get pos result for surge in lh you usually ov 24 hours later, that could be why i ended up with a boy and she ended up with a girl. just make sure you read the instructions on the kit fully before using, the kit i used said it had to be tested at exactly same time every day during testing........ gl with trying for a boy and i hope to be back doing this all again soon. myself

August 25th, 2010, 09:17 PM
eating breakfast cereal sway for a boy ? what kind of breakfast cereal do we take?
August 28th, 2010, 06:23 AM
Wow so much info glad I came here thank you!
August 28th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Any breakfast cereal except puffed rice and granola. Have it dry or with only a little milk (no yoghurt!!)
Its not actually the breakfast cereal itself that sways. Its the fact you have breakfast really to keep your blood sugar up. (low blood sugar sways for a girl, this is why diets and no breakfast sways for a girl)

[/url]
September 1st, 2010, 07:12 PM
hi got some questions here
how to determine that we get pos result for surge in lh (faint line doesnt count?), how long/many days will faint line appear before we get the dark line.. and how long will the dark line stays?

about evening primose oil, if i plan only to conceive mid of next year, should i start to take now, i saw something like stop afte AF (what is AF)

grateful if anyone could advise.
September 8th, 2010, 08:20 PM
on the ovulation test kit we got if you werent ovulating there would be a faint line and a darker line so 2 lines but if you were ovulating both those lines should either be same darkness or ov lin will be slightly darker than test line but a very very close match. test should always be read within 3 -10 mins max only any time after 10 mins isnt reliable. dependant apon you rcycle and when you start to test you will keep getting the faint line until you surge and this is when you will get the darker line (which should match the test line or be slightly darker than the test line) once this happens you should try to do the deed within 24 hours. if you dont and you test again next day or day after the dark line will most likely be gone as you missed the time frame of ovulation....... this is mostly what i was told as i didnt have to go for a 2nd month due to hitting it first go which was alot of luck.

not sure on the epo (evening primrose oil) as i have never ever used it before. af is aunt flow (your periods)

sorry for not being too much help but i try where i can, good luck!

March 14th, 2011, 04:36 PM
does all of this actually works?
March 18th, 2011, 10:33 AM
TTC #1
When do you eat this food... for a whole month? or Week of Conception?

Just wondered.
March 19th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You need to stsrt at least 6 weeks before you want ttc and do it until you get pg.

[/url]
May 31st, 2011, 03:23 PM
this probably sounds dumb but when should you start favoring more of these foods for a boy?
September 8th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Please share that site with me. We have 2 girls trying fir a biy
September 8th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Trying for a boy after 2 beautiful girls. Where do I start?
September 10th, 2011, 01:18 PM
MariaL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Some more drinks that is not on the list for TTC A BOY:

Cream of tartar drink, You can't have any more than 7 tsp a day. You can add one tsp of cot to 1/2 tsp bs and 4 oz of water

Appe Cidar Vinegar with mother drink, two tblsp ACV in a 4 oz glas of water, three times a day.

Potassium Drink, 1 cup V8 2-6 heaped tbls. nutritional yeast flakes. Potassium- 800-1,800 mg. Protein- 8-24 grams.

Gelatin drink, for testosterone. You drink or eat one package of Gelatin 3 times a day from af to O. You want pure gelatin such as the kind made from Knox that has no suger and is therefore not very acidic.

Mineral water is OK to drink when ttc a boy as long as you can find one with no calcium or magnesium.

Caffeine can be consumed by the DH once a day- any more will affect the sperm count. DW can consume caffeine, but coffee and diet soda will lower pH.

Last edited by MariaL; September 10th, 2011 at 01:23 PM.
September 10th, 2011, 01:23 PM
MariaL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
mommyof2g - You should start with the diet and drinks. Then you start to add supps. Remember to check your pH! You should be on the diet and supps for at least 6 weeks before your attempt.
February 28th, 2012, 12:35 PM
will you send me some info on this. i'd like to read-up on the info you talked about. i understand that it's important to do all of the above and with 3 girls ,i need all the help i can get to have a little man!!!
April 16th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlzRock View Post
If I may chime in here... you really have to research between three food lists, Alkalizing Diet, Potassium and diet that increases testosterone. The goals are to increase pH, increase potassium and sodium, increase testosterone and eliminate most calcium/magnesium.

I don't want to lead any of you to another forum (I love JM!) but there is a diet guide on another site that I've found to be invaluable!! They've had people research and cross-check all three diets to find which foods are acceptable from all three diets.

Marlz - If you want to PM me, I'll share the site with you if you don't already know. I'm sure the ladies over there would be happy to let you use it if you feel it's appropriate

Hi GirlzRock - can you please PM me this website too !! (sorry i don't know how to PM - ridiculous in know !
May 29th, 2012, 01:25 AM
Hi GirlzRock, could you please PM me the website as well!! Thanks!
July 16th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergirl22 View Post
Here are a list of foods and drinks that are alkalizing.

red meats, eggs, raisins, mushrooms, beans and bread. Also, eating saltier foods seems to favor the conception of a boy.

Ripe Bananas (not green)
Watermelon seedless,
Apples
lemon
Oranges
Broccoli
cantaloup
Spinach
Garlic
Herbal Tea
pineapple juices,
all pure fruit juices
breakfast cereal
tomato juice

celery, lettuce, asparagus, lemon, watermelon, grapefruit, green tea, almonds, and sunflower seeds. You want to avoid milk, breads and pastas, most meats, and sugars / convenience foods.
Eat lots of bananas and salty foods.

I have a long list at home and will try to put in more info. But this is what i have for now.
I read that pasta is neutral and that you should not be on a low calorie diet. One source I read said 400-500 calories more a day than usual. That would put most women at about 2000 calories a day.
December 12th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Has anyone tried this and had a boy after only having girls before? We have 12 grandchildren with only one boy among them and it looks like we may have one more shot at having one of our kids have a boy! I'll pass this on to my daughter-in-law if there's any validity to it. Would daddy need to be eating this way as well?
July 21st, 2013, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlzRock View Post
If I may chime in here... you really have to research between three food lists, Alkalizing Diet, Potassium and diet that increases testosterone. The goals are to increase pH, increase potassium and sodium, increase testosterone and eliminate most calcium/magnesium.

I don't want to lead any of you to another forum (I love JM!) but there is a diet guide on another site that I've found to be invaluable!! They've had people research and cross-check all three diets to find which foods are acceptable from all three diets.

Marlz - If you want to PM me, I'll share the site with you if you don't already know. I'm sure the ladies over there would be happy to let you use it if you feel it's appropriate ;)
Hi Marlz & GirlzRock,
I am also very interested in the 3 combined diets you mentioned in your post and the other site they are on. 1) alkaline 2) Potassium and 3) testosterone building. I don't know how to PM though.
Many thanks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search