Placenta Position and Gender Study

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2010, 04:14 PM
armychica06's Avatar Cautiously expecting #2
This is a multi-center prospective cohort study of 5376 pregnant women that underwent ultrasonography from 1997 to 2007. Trans-vaginal sonograms were performed in 22% of the patients at 6 weeks gestation, and Trans-abdominal sonograms were used at 18-20 weeks gestation, at this time the fetal gender were confirmed in 98-99%. The fetal sex was confirmed 100% after delivery. The study also addressed the bicornuate uteri with single pregnancy in relation to placenta / chorionic villi location. The result was tabulated according to gender and placenta / chorionic villi location. Bicornuate uteri with single fetus in different horns were studied and tabulated

Result
Dramatic differences were detected in chorionic villi / placental location according to gender. 97.2% of the male fetuses had a chorionic villi/placenta location on the right side of the uterus whereas, 2.4% had a chorionic villi/placenta location to the left of the uterus. On the other hand 97.5% of female fetuses had a chorionic villi/placenta location to the left of the uterus whereas, 2.7% had their chorionic villi/placenta location to the right side of the uterus. 127 cases were found to involve bicornuate uteri with single foetuses, most male fetuses were located in the right horn of the uterus and showed right placental laterality (70%). Most female fetuses 59% on the other hand, were located in the left horn and showed left laterality (59%).Moreover, most of the males located in the left horn exhibited right laterality (89%). Also most females located in right horn exhibited left laterality (976.4%). In addition this research indicated that there was a possible link between renal pyelectasis and placental location, and it might be used as a genetic soft marker.

Conclusion
Ramzi’s method is using placenta /chorionic villi location as a marker for fetal gender detection at 6 weeks gestation was found to be highly reliable. This method correctly predicts the fetus gender in 97.2% of males and 97.5% of females early in the first trimester. And it might be helpful to use as a genetic soft marker in relation with fetal pyelectasis.

In simple terms-

*placenta located on right- 97.2% chance it is a boy
*placenta located on left- 97.5% chance it is a girl
*in a bicornate uterus- 70% males implanted on right with right placental laterality; 59% implanted on left were female with left laterality
*those males that implanted on the left- exhibited right laterality 89% of the time.
*those females that implanted on the right exhibited left laterality of the time.
http://www.obgyn.net/ultrasound/ultr...ental_location

After 2 miscarriages, including a molar pregnancy- my miracle is finally here!
April 26th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That is really interesting!
This is the miracle of love.” -Maureen Mansfield

(6), (3) and a due Dec. 25, 2011 and one up above and forever in our hearts.

April 26th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thats so interesting, i went for my 6 week scan and the baby was attached to the right hand bottom side of the little sac, im almost certain and even had implanted more to the right hand side of my womb. Which means its another boy for me. Ill ask at my 12 week scan, but i really have a feeling its a boy. I feel ok, just abit frustrated that i did the girl diet as much as i could stand for nearly 6 months, when i couldve just been eating my normal foods.

[/url]
April 27th, 2010, 06:13 AM
Regular
Wow, interesting read. Although I'm cause at my last visit the tech said I have a posterior placenta which is in the back, not left or right.
April 27th, 2010, 06:15 AM
c'est_la_vie's Avatar Is it nap time yet?
It is either more to the left or more to the right. Usually they do not tell you.

April 27th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I was thinking too does the placenta move as the baby grows? Or is it just that it moves up and is still more to one side or the other??

[/url]
April 27th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shell1981 View Post
I was thinking too does the placenta move as the baby grows? Or is it just that it moves up and is still more to one side or the other??
The site of implantation will never change - the placenta will grow as the baby grow- but site of implantation will stay the same- left or right.

This is best done at your 6-8 week ultrasound for dating at the placenta is visible but not big enough to confuse implantation site.

My baby implanted on the right even though I ovulated from the left- I am having a boy.
My daughter implanted on the left and I ovulated from the left.

April 27th, 2010, 06:54 PM
c'est_la_vie's Avatar Is it nap time yet?
I actually heard the ray's used to find the placenta (maybe rays is not the right word but it's red & blue in color) can be harmful before 12 weeks...

April 28th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c'est_la_vie View Post
I actually heard the ray's used to find the placenta (maybe rays is not the right word but it's red & blue in color) can be harmful before 12 weeks...
I never heard this and I had about 4 ultrasounds before 12 weeks. They did do the colors once to check blood flow direction, but she didn't say they were harmful.

April 29th, 2010, 07:09 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just a lurker, but my placenta is on the right, I o'd from the right, and Im having a girl! Confirmed by two different high risk pedi's......

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

April 29th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Both my boys were on the right, but I had o'd on the right and my ob/gyn said where baby implants usually depends on the side you O on...but not always. I haven't asked him about this...I'm going to. I find it very interesting.

April 30th, 2010, 07:05 AM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At my 13 week u/s yesterday she would only tell me my placenta was in the back but she did say I ovulated from my right ovary if that means anything

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

May 2nd, 2010, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubshope View Post
Both my boys were on the right, but I had o'd on the right and my ob/gyn said where baby implants usually depends on the side you O on...but not always. I haven't asked him about this...I'm going to. I find it very interesting.
I Oed on the left- baby implanted right.
With my daughter I Oed on the left and she implanted left.

September 11th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Serendipity3
Lurking...

We did a gender sway for a boy, and I am going in on Wednesday (about 5 1/2 weeks-ish) for a dating U/S.

I'm going to ask if they have heard of this and what side the placenta is on!! Very interesting!
September 11th, 2010, 05:09 PM
ballmom's Avatar Regular
Interesting indeed! I go Monday for my first u/s, but they did pick up a heartbeat at 8.5 weeks on the left side. I can't wait to ask about this at my appt.
September 12th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
At my 20 week scan, just before i got told the gender the sonogram woman said, yep your placenta is moving up along the right hand side. So i knew it meant a boy for me and then i saw very clear boy parts!!!! lol

[/url]
September 12th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Veteran
My boys were both on the right. I am interested to find out when we are preggers with #3 where it implants.
Baby #3 EDD August 13, 2012!!!

September 12th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The only baby I know where the placent was attached was my 6th baby. It was the right side and it was a boy If we conceive again I will definetly ask what side it is on!

September 12th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad this topic was commented on again because I'd forgotten which side was which. When we get our BFP my ob does a dating ultrasound at 6 weeks, so I'm going to be sure to ask which side again!

September 13th, 2010, 05:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
This study seems to be pretty reliable. I wonder why they dont use it to sex babies earlier?

[/url]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search