PH Level test strips

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2010, 07:03 AM
I want to buy PH level test strips from ebay but I see 2 different ones 80 and 100 which one do I buy? and should I have DH test also.
June 1st, 2010, 02:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Im not sure are they the phion brand. I know most people like to get those ones. You could test dh also, but bear in mind his ph will never drop below neutral,7.

[/url]
June 1st, 2010, 05:27 PM
Mommy2Noah&Jack's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I bought the 100 ones off ebay. Havent really used them much except to check DHs pH. They worked.

June 1st, 2010, 06:05 PM
i use the ones from Sanitation Tools: Hand sanitizer wipes, Disinfectant Wipes, pH Strips & Sanitation Equipment. i get the narrow range ones for me (i think it measures btn 4-7) and broad range ones for DH (0-12). they have worked very well for me!
m/c Feb 2010
ttc#4
June 1st, 2010, 06:06 PM
wanted to add-i tried the phion ones but didn't have any luck w/ them. it was so hard to tell the difference btn the colors & i could never figure out what pH i was. that's why i switched to the sanitationtools one
m/c Feb 2010
ttc#4
June 9th, 2010, 06:47 AM
I received the PH Level strips yesterday so DH and I tried them right away LOL.. but I don't know what is good or bad DH got a 7 and I had 7 more toward 8ish are we ok or do we need to lower our PH levels?
June 9th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Ithink you need to lower yours to about a 4. My DH's ph is 9 and I checked mine for the first time last night and its a 7 so its no wonder he and I only have boys!! I dont knwo what to do because i have been on the diet for 3 weeks and taking supplements. It doesnt seem to be affecting me. I used Replens today so we'll see if it does anything. I am starting to think nothing is going to help me. I may go buy new ph strips too just in case for some reason mine arent working at lower phs.

June 9th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Ok so I need to lower mine to a 4 and DH? what should I do to lower my PH?

Thanks for the feedback
June 9th, 2010, 10:30 AM
I think 7 for your DH's is good. My DH's is an 8 or 9 and has me a bit worried since he wont take the supplements or do the diet. He said everything has been going well for him lately with whatever he sets out on and he thinks he can "will it" ... think girl theory. So he is going to think girl and I am going to do the rest. My pH is high like yours and I have been taking supplements... cranberry (9000 mg/d), Magnesium (500 mg), Vitamin C (500 mg), Folic Acid (800 mg), and I just started the Calcium Citrate last night (1260 mg). I am not trying for another month and a half so I want to give it all tiem to work. Drink lots of Aspartame drinks (crystal light) too. Something I need to try yet. Hopefully we can both get ours lowered! When are you starting to TTC?

Replens also is supposed to lower it and then there is always the Lime or Vinegar Dousche which will.

June 9th, 2010, 10:52 AM
We want to start TTC in august and see what happens I hope I can get it lowered by then My DH is the same way LOL.. but he is willing to try the diet but we will see how long it lasts I told him only for a few months then he can go back to eating whatever he likes
June 15th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Marlz.
Hey welcome : ) If your ttc for a girl you want your ph to be 4-5.. you need it low. You can make your ph lower by diet, supplements, hot showers, dh wearing tight whites, douching. I will get you some info this afternoon. Good luck hun
June 24th, 2010, 05:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That's funny, my husband says to me all the time, "I don't know why you're worrying over a diet, timing, pH, etc. All I have to do is think "girl" and we'll have a girl." I'm glad my husband isn't the only one that thinks that way. LOL He also "willed" our second to be a girl and he's a boy...but husbands explanation fo rthat is that I messed him up because I wanted another boy so badly that I overrode him. hahahha
This is the miracle of love.” -Maureen Mansfield

(6), (3) and a due Dec. 25, 2011 and one up above and forever in our hearts.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search