Please be careful!calcium and mag supps ARE alkaline!!!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2011, 07:52 PM
Hi,

After 2 failed sways using Ingender diet, and supps I had to figure out what went wrong. First thing, research it, ask any Dr calcium supps whether citrate or carbonate and magnesium supps ARE very alkaline in the body. In my sway I would have a ph of 4.5 take my cal/mag supps and within a few hours my ph was up to 6.5!! You can still get calcium/dairy in diet, which is where most of it should come from anyway.

Another thing, green beans, and cucumbers and a few other foods on the IG girl diet are alkalilne. Its not just about your vagina being acidic, its about getting your entire body that way. I ate off an acidic food list that I found online. After having 3 DS (2 failed sway) I finally got my girl, then I had another boy in may (no swaying) I just started my diet and supps and we are going to sway for another girl in March.

This is not the case for everyone but I just wanted to give a heads up that it is a proven fact that calcium/mag sups are alkaline in the body. I have a link that explains it, and also a link of alkaline/acidic foods if anyone is interested. As I said everyoen has to do the sway that they think is the best for them. This is what happened to me....

Shelly
January 24th, 2011, 09:05 AM
mindyjean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Shoot......that's not good to hear. I am not currently swaying, but was counting on taking the supplements because I don't eat a lot of dairy (even though I was planning to add a lot since I plan to sway pink). So do you recommend not taking the supplements if swaying?

January 24th, 2011, 09:09 AM
BrittneyLA's Avatar Mom of three boys!
Id like to see the link!
January 24th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow thats very interesting. So what supplements/foods did you take/eat that worked for you?

[/url]
January 24th, 2011, 06:45 PM
BrittneyLA's Avatar Mom of three boys!
This is really worrying me because DH and I both took them when we conceived eek!!
January 25th, 2011, 11:22 AM
The pH Chart Of Acid and Alkaline Forming Food Affect On The pH Of Your Body
pH Chart Food Chart Of Acid/Alkaline Forming Food Affect On pH

Last edited by pattyandthemoos; February 28th, 2011 at 07:26 AM. Reason: copyright
January 25th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Veteran
huh.....so I CAN have coffee and sweets if swaying for a girl!!??
Ahhh....so confused. Good thing I'm already pregnant and whatever I'm having is a done deal! LOL

Glad you got your girl once and good luck with your sway in March! Keep us posted on how it goes.

January 25th, 2011, 12:16 PM
A little coffee is okay but it depletes calcium, so if you have a cup of coffee make up for it by getting extra calcium. A lot of sweets are NOT good for a girl sway but low sugar chocolate ice cream is VERY acidic
January 25th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have always thought women who drink coffee and/or smoke are more likely to have girls.
I think with the beef you have to weigh up the fact that it contains testosterone too. So as well as whether it is alkaline or acidic, there is also the hormones in such foods to consider.

[/url]
January 25th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Marlz.
It is best for you all to do your own sway but the goal is to get calcium & magnesium into your cm.. that sways pink.. you can take cranberry that helps lower your ph that sways pink.

Do try to have alot of dairy if your on the diet.. Im a huge dairy lover.. i use to have calcium & magnesium anit acid to help with indigestion after my first daughter.. and i still had my 2nd dd : ) . I also drink and eat alot of dairy though..

Try not to freak out to much about this as taking calcium tablets and magnesium do sway pink.. just keep trying to lower your ph 2 though.
January 26th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan2010 View Post
A little coffee is okay but it depletes calcium, so if you have a cup of coffee make up for it by getting extra calcium. A lot of sweets are NOT good for a girl sway but low sugar chocolate ice cream is VERY acidic
The only low chocolate ice cream I could find was made with Splenda. Is Splenda acidic? I know it doesn't have aspartame.
January 26th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Some people wont even notice a difference from it...but some will like me and some other moms. If it doesnt raise your ph by all means keep taking it
January 28th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Marlz.
Also when taking them try to lower your ph in other ways also.. that way your putting more into your sway.
September 21st, 2011, 07:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It does get confusing when one tells you this and another tells you that.

What I also always have a hard time with is when people say low this or low that - well how low is low enough? For example, I'm an ice cream lover - have it nearly every evening, mostly vanilla, sometimes with chocolate. Well, is 13-16g sugar low enough? does it have to be lower?
Same I hear with sodium all the time, until I finally found a page where it actually tells you up to 1000mg is okay.
Then I read lower calorie intake - well how much is too high? After much research I finally found a site where it says 1500 or less is good, over 2000 sways boy.

These abstract statements of lower or higher are extremely confusing because one person may have a different opinion on what's high and what's low.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search