Help help help !!!!! Ttc a boy opk?

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2011, 05:23 PM
mommyTTC3's Avatar Proud mom of 3 !! <3
PLEASE HELP I am freaking out a bit and need someone to give me advice :

This is my first cycle TTC and we so badly want a BOY . I just got 3 positive OPKS today ... WHEN DO WE BD or DTD I am so confused on how it works and want to do everything right but have no clue when is the right time to DTD ..... HELP PLEASE

May 5th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would take another ovulation test (OPK) tomorrow and yes if its still positive, sometimes they stay positive for up to 3 days....so you want to DTD closest to the moment your body releases the egg. Also monitor your cervical fluid, you want to have egg white discharge and lots of it. It helps with swaying boy. So im my opinion, if you got 3 OPK's today, wait till tmw am to test again, then I would start DTD. When you get a +OPK that only means you will ovulate 12-48hours from that positive test. So hold off on the sex for another 12 hours at least. Goodluck!!!

May 6th, 2011, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikismith View Post
I would take another ovulation test (OPK) tomorrow and yes if its still positive, sometimes they stay positive for up to 3 days....so you want to DTD closest to the moment your body releases the egg. Also monitor your cervical fluid, you want to have egg white discharge and lots of it. It helps with swaying boy. So im my opinion, if you got 3 OPK's today, wait till tmw am to test again, then I would start DTD. When you get a +OPK that only means you will ovulate 12-48hours from that positive test. So hold off on the sex for another 12 hours at least. Goodluck!!!
That is what I was thinking that I should hold off for just a bit . Thanks for your reply it helped ease my mind that I am doing this semi right . I have 2 girls and have never really TTC before they just kindda happened LOL . I want this to work so bad for DH and am just raking my brain with all this correct timing stuff Thanks Again Michelle

May 6th, 2011, 06:25 AM
So so glad I waited to DTD .... I just tested again this AM and this opk is way darker and came up + within 10 sec. So I know that yesterdays just looked + but today I know I have a forsure + so gonna keep testing today and see how my surge goes . Also I have never used this brand OPKs I bought off the internet from Amazon .com

May 6th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
YAY im so glad you didnt DTD when the first OPK was +, now the one today is darker...yay!!! Youre getting closer to ovulating. I have a question for you, did you DTD any time this week? Because its best to hold off on sex (in my opinion) for a week, if youre swaying boy and BAM do it when you get your 2nd day of a + OPK. I would say that youre good to go tonight. To help in swaying boy, (this will sound crazy but...) try and put some egg whites in your vagina, its helps change the pH of your vagina so the boy swimmers have a better chance. Also do deep penetration such as doggy style. Good luck, hope this is your little boy in the making.

Side note, how do you like having two girls? I always wanted two daughters

May 6th, 2011, 04:21 PM
I love having GIRLS .. They are awesome and very easy to relate to. Now that my oldest is almost 12 the bond is tighter than ever and I am loving every min. of it

No we haven't DTD in 5 days with anticipation of the big O ... !!!!!
FX this is it and we get our BFP in 2 wks and then get a healthy baby BOY in 9 mths

DH might find the egg white thing a little weird ,but I am gonna try that .. THANKS

May 6th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I website that is helpful is Gender Selection Guide. It is where I found out about the egg whites....women swear by it. Also you can also put a little baking soda on your finger tip and insert it into your vagina. But from what I have found the egg whites works better, just make sure theres no yolk and thats its room temp. You can also have your DH drink an energy drink like red bull, Ive heard that helps the Y swimmers, swim faster. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!! Goodluck.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search