Has anybody considered gender selection?

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2011, 03:27 AM
It's illegal in a lot of places I think, but some countries will do it along with IVF treatments. It's an interesting idea, but I want to hear what you all think...since I am so new to this stuff.

Thanks ladies!
May 17th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Dear Lola,

This information is provided by GenSelect. It's not a sales pitch. It is important to understand the difference between POST-conception gender selection and PRE-conception gender selection. POST-conception is best known by another word, abortion. That sort of gender selection IS illegal in many countries, especially India. PRE-conception gender selection is not illegal anywhere at all, including the 98 countries where the GenSelect Fully Integrated System is sold (includes India). To be fully informed, we encourage you to check out the FAQ section at GenSelect. Lots of good information can be found there. Have a great day!
May 30th, 2011, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Support@GenSelect View Post
Dear Lola,

This information is provided by GenSelect. It's not a sales pitch. It is important to understand the difference between POST-conception gender selection and PRE-conception gender selection. POST-conception is best known by another word, abortion. That sort of gender selection IS sexy lingerie illegal in many countries, especially India. PRE-conception gender selection is not illegal lingerie anywhere at all, including the 98 countries where the GenSelect Fully Integrated System is sold (includes India). To be fully informed, we encourage you to check out the FAQ section at GenSelect. Lots of good information can be found there. Have a great day!
Thats a really interesting topic, I want to read into this but i still like the random
works!

Last edited by Joanneyy; May 30th, 2011 at 07:20 AM.
May 30th, 2011, 10:10 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Based on the OP's question, I am assuming she means PRE-conception gender selection...also known as microsorting. And it is perfectly legal in most places. However, due to ethical issues, some fertility centers will not permit it to be done. Even if the couple is already undergoing IVF for other medical reasons. At least I know there is not one in Maryland who does it.

To answer your question. No, I have not seriously considered microsort. We are only pregnant with our second child of the same gender. We plan on two more children. I doubt we will ever consider gender selection, just because of the cost and the questions that come along with selecting the gender of our children. I do believe we will get what we are supposed to have, boy or girl. We are delighted with our son and soon-to-be-here son. I will do a mild sway when we decide to try again and if we have another son, I will prolly try a more strict sway the fourth time. But if we have four boys, we have four boys I am sure I will get over not having a daughter in the bunch.
August 29th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to mylie12
we are considering microsort we will have our consultation sometime next week

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search