Just Poppin' In...

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2011, 06:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sharlers I can honestly say I didn't do anythign sway-wise. We actually were not "planning" on actively trying for our April cycle. hahaha

We had been trying for over a year since our loss, we had given up our sway 10 months earlier. And we wanted to "skip" April (so we didn't use OPK's, I didn't temp, etc) and we were actually going to avoid doing anything unprotected...just because we didn't really think a Christmas baby was a good idea.

So we only dtd once in April, the morning of our Anniversary (April 2nd). I felt ovulation pain that Tuesday night and it was awful by the middle of the night but gone by Wed morning. I thought we were far enough away from ovulation to get pregnant. (The 2nd was a Sat). I know I ovulated sometime between 9pm and like 2am Tuesday night into Wed morning, because my little man had woken me at 3 am on Wed morning and my ov pain was gone...but it has been so bad at 9pm I wasn't sure I'd be able to go to sleep.

Also, my ob has confirmed through ultrasound that the pain I get is in fact ovulation pain.

So, other than being a bit far from ovulation, nothing we did different than when we had the boys. And actually when we got pregnant with Nathan I was almost 4 days away from ovulation...also just by "accident."

We don't have a name picked yet. I like "Eliana" because it means "answered prayer" but hubby isn't sure he likes it. And I can't find a crib bedding set that's "girlie" enough for me yet. lol I tend to go major shopping when we get back from the beach though!!!
This is the miracle of love.” -Maureen Mansfield

(6), (3) and a due Dec. 25, 2011 and one up above and forever in our hearts.

July 28th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Awww congratulations hun!!!!!!!
So excited for you!!! Cant wait to see a pic of your beautiful pink bundle!!!
Did you eat more girly foods or anything?? (may try for a fourth!!) (not yet tho)

[/url]
July 28th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Shell! Thank you! No, I didn't eat more girlie or anything...I had given up the cranberry juice and went back to not eating more dairy. I guess the only difference was ice cream, because I'd found I new flavor I liked and was having it once a week...my friends and I had been doing Jillian Michael's Shred for 7 months straight 6 nights a week, so on the 7th night we would go out for "girls night" to a local ice cream place. We'd been doing that about 5 weeks...so I'm not sure 5 helpings of ice cream did anything. lol

Oh wow! How awesome if you go for #4.

July 28th, 2011, 03:01 PM
sharlers's Avatar Veteran
thanks hun all that time swaying and you didnt need to lol well the witch got me this morning so another cycle for me im just not sure i can do it anymore though im exhausted by it all really iblike that name its beautiful and has a perfect meaning too she ll be a very lucky girl
July 28th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yuck to AF...she is a WITCH that's for sure.

I had times I got like that...like I just didn't think I could keep trying. It hurt to much for her to show every month. And I couldn't just not try/not prevent because I feel myself ovulate...soooo...we kept on trying but gave up charting and temping and such on the rough months.

Are you doing anything to sway? If so that could be hindering you.

Out of curiousity...do you take benedryl/unisom or other antihistamine for allergies or sleep regularly? My ob thinks my unisom each night is what kept us from getting pregnant for so long.

July 30th, 2011, 01:15 AM
just trying to eat the right foods and keep off the ones i shouldnt be eating and taking supps other than that nothing really yeah i take loratadine for hayfever do you think that could be it yeah each month is like a kick in the stomach still i suppose i ll get there in the end
August 7th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I absolutley think that could be it!!! (Sorry took so long to respond, we were on vacation).

I first read it in Taking Charge of Your Fertility (great book). So I asked my ob who said, "Why didn't you tell me you took unisom every night. Even Claritin can hinder getting pregnant."

The antihistamine can dry up the cervical fluid sperm needs to survive and travel to the proper destination. The book said, and the ob agreed, that since I'd been on it long term (and had NOT been on it when I got preggo with the boys...and we got preggo the first month of "not trying, not preventing" with them) that it would take 1 to 2 full cycles to get preggo if the unisom was the problem. April would have been my third cycle (I got AF for the second time on March 25th)...and we got our BFP on April 15th...in a month we really weren't trying, as I've said before.

If you can, try to go off the antihistamine and see if it helps. Still praying for you!!!!

August 8th, 2011, 03:12 AM
thanks hun i havent been taking it as much just if i really needed it and since not taking it as much my cm has increased quite alot thankyou for your info and i hope you enjoyed your vacation
August 8th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No problem. You can also take regular mucinex or plain robitussin to increase cm if you think you need it. I hope this is the magic answer for you as it was for me!

August 9th, 2011, 02:05 AM
thanks hun you have been really helpful
September 26th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sharlers, how are you? My laptop broke on me and then about 2 weeks ago I finally got it fixed/back running...and it's taken me forever to get over here and check on you. I have been thinking of you and praying you have gotten a BFP!!!!

Not much new here. I had my baby shower this past weekend, it was a surprise and it was very nice. We still haven't come up with a name for this little Princess...we have it down to 3 or 4 names we like. My favorite right now is Elizabeth (that's my middle name) and we'd call her "Lily" for short. Queen Elizabeth went by Lily until she was 13 according to a book I have on the royal family.

I found out today I failed my 1 hour glucose test, so I have to take the dreaded 3 hour this Friday. I failed it with my first son, and passed the 3 hour with flying colors. And I didn't have any trouble with my second son. So far I've only gained 7lbs in the pregnancy, I always eat healthy and excecise...and I started out slightly underweight...so my ob thinks it was a fluke or I didn't follow instructions right...but I have to do the 3 hour to be safe. Oh well.

What is new with you? I'm so hoping you update that you're expecting!!!!!!

February 12th, 2012, 03:36 AM
hi hubshope just wondering how your labour went and how you and your little girl are doing
March 16th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Today is the first day I've been on JM since the last time I posted to you Shar. How are you? I had my baby girl on Dec 13, 2012...early but not as early as the boys were. Beautiful labor and I only did a half of push and she was in the doctors arms...not even head first then another push and the rest of her...she just came out! lol He said it was the shortest delivery he's experienced in 15 years of delivering babies! The labor itself was only 12 hours, unlike the boys who were 27 and 24 hours.

We named her Elizabeth Noelle...we call her Lily.
She was 6lbs15oz, my biggest baby but only by a few ounces and she was 18inches, just like her brothers were.

One more from Christmas

March 16th, 2012, 03:23 PM
hi hun she is absolutely gorgeous i am so happy for you im glad everything went well and you had a nice quick delivery she looks like your youngest i think im ok i had another mc in december i started bleeding on the 10th of dec went for scan and there was only a sac i should of been nearly 8 weeks and the sac measured about 6 so she told me to wait a week and come back for another and it actually got smaller so on 21st went in for medical management but nothing passed apart from 2 clots so had to go back a week later but i passed the sac on boxing day went back on the wednesday to confirm it its been really hard but im nearly there i should be 21 weeks now and im still having bad days sorry for the news im really happy for you though and i hope you still pop on and say hello you have been a great support in the past and im so glad you have your beautiful little princess xx

Last edited by sharlers; March 31st, 2012 at 08:15 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search