Just Poppin' In...

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2011, 11:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ladies, just thought I'd pop in...wondered if Marlz, Sharlers and Shell are still here?

I'm cautiously hopeful that I'm making it out of the first trimester with a healthy bean. I've been over on the PAL board, not confident enough to visit my DDC yet.

My first ultrasound was on May 16th and we saw a little heart beating away. My due date determined to be Christmas Day!!

Now that I'm approaching the 12 week mark, I'm starting to really wonder if we're having a 3rd boy or embarking on a new journey with a little pink. My gut for the first few weeks screamed Girl, but now I'm not so sure. I kinda just have that "boy" kind of feeling again. My oldest son is very hopeful he's having a sister, and you all know "hubshope" comes from the fact my husband desperately wants a girl. I didn't, then I did...then it took over a year to conceive this bean (and one loss and one chemical), so now I just want a baby to hold come December.

I can see positives (clothes shopping and a whole new experience) to a girl, but I also see how easy and "normal" it will feel/be to have another boy.

I will try and pop over every so often and update, and certainly will if we find out in July what we're having (I'm still on the fence if I want to know or be surprised, since this is my last chance at a "green" baby).

For those who don't know me, I had swayed pink when I first started TTC...but gave it up. By the time this baby was conceived we'd stopped swaying about 7 months prior to conception. I do know we DTD about 3-4 days before ovulation, but the same was true with my second son.

Best of luck to all of you swaying!!!
This is the miracle of love.” -Maureen Mansfield

(6), (3) and a due Dec. 25, 2011 and one up above and forever in our hearts.

June 2nd, 2011, 02:34 PM
sharlers's Avatar Veteran
hi nice to hear from you im glad your little bean is a sticky im sure whatever little bean is you ll be very happy i do hope its a girl for you though but as long as its healthy thats the main thing we do miss you so please keep us updated hun
June 21st, 2011, 10:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks, Shalers! I'm in my 13th week and everything seems to be going along as it should. Every day that passes I grow more and more anxious to get to feel fetal movement, and ultimately hold this precious Bean. I'm already totally in love. I'm officially 100% in the "blue or pink, I don't care I just want a full-term, healthy baby to hold" club! hahaha

How have your been Sharlers?

June 21st, 2011, 02:09 PM
hi hubshope im am soooooo happy for you right now that your little bean is sticking and i know she/he will be very lucky to have a mammy like you. Do you know when your next scan is yet ? You could start to feel movements anytime really with my youngest it was nearly 15 weeks when i felt his 1st movements.Im ok just wishing that i too was pregnant its the 2ww for me at the moment so its dragging over lol please keep us upto date with things its great hearing how things are progressing
June 23rd, 2011, 06:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh Sharlers, I thought you were expecting! I'm so sorry!!! I hope the end of this 2ww has a sticky BFP for you!!!!! I'll be thinking of you!!!

I have an appointment on July 6th and they'll schedule my next scan for about two weeks out from there. I had a scan at 8 weeks and again at 11 weeks (due to spotting and cramping) and seeing my Bean was just amazing! I'm anxious to get another peak!

June 23rd, 2011, 09:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Awww im so happy for you hun!!! Hope everything goes well at your scan! I havent been on here for ages, but thought id pop in to see how you were all doing! (((hugs)))

[/url]
June 26th, 2011, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubshope View Post
Oh Sharlers, I thought you were expecting! I'm so sorry!!! I hope the end of this 2ww has a sticky BFP for you!!!!! I'll be thinking of you!!!

I have an appointment on July 6th and they'll schedule my next scan for about two weeks out from there. I had a scan at 8 weeks and again at 11 weeks (due to spotting and cramping) and seeing my Bean was just amazing! I'm anxious to get another peak!
yeah i was but had a miscarriage in feb it was hard but im feeling loads better now little baby just wasnt meant to be unfortunately thankyou hun im 9dpo so fingers crossed a sticky would be nice im glad everything is going well i ll be keeping an eye out for a update
June 28th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Shell! Hi!!! I wondered if you were still around! How are you? I'm still undecided if I'm finding out what we're having at our scan. One day I want to, the next day I want a surprise baby.

Sharlers, I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I have been there, as most of you know. It is so hard to deal with. ((BIG HUGS)) Please keep me posted on your 2WW...I am going to be praying very hard for you for a very sticky Bean!

June 29th, 2011, 02:36 AM
thankyou hubshope im now 12dpo i think af may be on its way but we ll see what happens just wait and see when the day comes when i get pregnant i might get them to write the sex on a some paper and put it in an envelope just in case lol
July 2nd, 2011, 07:20 AM
well the witch got me unfortunately
July 8th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh Shar, I'm so sorry! I was praying for you that you'd get a sticky Bean. Don't lose hope. It took 20 months from my loss month to end up with a sticky little bean (we didn't try the first 3 months after our loss though)...and there were a few months in the first year that we "skipped" a month. Total "hard" tries were about 12 or 13 months...end we got this Bean on a month we weren't really trying (not charting or using OPK's, just kind of winging it).

I'm praying so hard for you that you get a sticky BFP soon!!!!!!

July 9th, 2011, 02:19 AM
thanks hubshope thankyou for the prayers i know they say if you stop trying it happens with my 3 boys i didnt try at all for them but as im trying for this one its taking ages hows things with you and your little bean
July 9th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You know, it used to infuriate me when people would say, "You're just trying too hard. The minute you don't you'll get pregnant." But I never tried with my two boys...and then this Bean came along in the one month we weren't really trying...as a matter of fact, I was avoiding getting pregnant in April because of fear of a Christmas baby. hahaha God taught me a lesson about who is in charge...my due date is 12/25. Also, the ONLY time we BD'd in april was the morning of our anniversary...almost 4 days before ovulation was supposed to happen so we never thought we'd get pregnant. Of course we were over the moon to get our BFP.

Your STICKY BFP is coming...I know it. I'll keep you in my prayers daily.

I'm doing well. 16 weeks tomorrow and finally feeling more confident in the pregnancy. Our anatomy scan is set for the morning of August 1st. I haven't decided yet if I want to know the gender, but my husband is finding out either way. lol If I decide to find out, I'll be sure to update you guys!

July 10th, 2011, 12:34 AM
christmas day baby my mam had my brother on christmas day my sis also had her son on christmas day yes god certainly calls the shots lol thankyou for prayering daily for me i hope this will be the month im on cd 9 today so wont be long before i start my opks to be honest im sick of taking my temp everyday and recording it and peeing on sticks trying to keep to the diet and taking supps its quite draining isnt it 16wks already i would find out your hubby will let it slip anyway lol i hope you get your little girl as i know thats what your after and the cut off is good isnt it but either way she or he will be very lucky to have parents like you keep us upto date
July 12th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Awww, that's sweet of you to say. You know, I was trying for a girl...then gave up the sway just to be able to have another...but still hoped for pink. Since my BFP and the closer I get to finding out, I kinda am hoping for a boy. How odd is that? I mean, I'll be THRILLED and shocked to have a girl...don't get me wrong. But I'm a little afraid of the unknown. SO, not that I don't want a girl, just that my comfort zone is boy and I'm a little nervous. Does that make any sense?

They called yesterday and my ob is out on the 1st...so they moved my ultrasound to July 25th, two weeks from yesterday. Yikes! Nervous and excited. I'm worried a little too, about babies health...just with the mis, then the chemical, then how long it took...makes me nervous. But it's in God's hands.

You should be CD11 today! I hope this is the month!!!! Fingers are crossed and sending you sticky baby dust!! I got SO SICK of temping and peeing on sticks too. And I found the OPK's very confusing and hard to read that just was even that much more frustrating. Let's hope this is the last month you have to deal with it! Sending up lots of sticky baby prayers!!!!

July 24th, 2011, 01:44 AM
well hubshope im 11dpo today i ov early this month day12 of my cycle i did a test today and i think its negative there is a line but think its a vap line not 100% sure will test again tmrw
July 25th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What kind of test? FRER? I had what I thought was just an evap line with a FRER...took three days but it turned dark. I so hope this is a positive for you!!!!!!!!!

We had our scan today. The baby looks great...everything in the right place and measuring perfect. AND, we're on TEAM PINK!

I'm in shock...but excited. My husband, as you can imagine, is beyond thrilled to have his dream come true! I just can't believe I'm going to have a baby girl! Can't wait to spoil her!

July 26th, 2011, 02:22 PM
yaaaaaaaaaay i am totally thrilled for you you must be on i can imagine your hubby been exstatic i bet your gonna go mad pink shopping . Ive done loads of tests and all negative im 14dpo tmrw and getting cramps so think the witch is coming unfortunately
July 27th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh Shalers, that makes me so sad for you. I was hoping with my shocking good news it meant you'd also get fantastic good news!

I am over the moon...I've done some pink shopping but not a whole ton yet because we're getting ready to leave on vacation. But when we get home...it's GAME ON!!!!!

July 27th, 2011, 03:15 PM
thanks hun i think shes getting closer though i relly felt different this month nevermind i know you didnt really sway but what did you do did you avoid certain foods did you take supps etc ah i bet you are i would go mad shopping for a girl lol i hope you have a lovely vacation and drop in and let us know how your doing oh forgot to ask have you chosen your little girls name

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search