First timer here: Some questions....

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 17th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Hi all!! I hadn't heard of this site until today, and I'm loving exploring everything. Here is the issue at hand, ready? I was on the birth control pill Mononessa for roughly 15 years (!) and took my last pill June 11th. I had what I call my "last pill period" from June 14---17. After that time, I had a roller coaster of things going on, cramps, feeling like I had a swollen belly, headaches, etc., to the point where I even took a few pregnancy tests, just for kicks. They were negative, and my period showed up last Wednesday, August 10th. I've just been soooo curious as to what my body will do, and I can't even remember what my cycle was like before going on the pill....which brings me to this: when do you think I will ovulate?? I am hoping to conceive a girl (at some point, ha!) and am kind of confused as to when the timing should be for that. Am I correct in assuming that I would most likely ovulate next Wednesday, the 24th? Seeing as that is two weeks from the start of my period? That period lasted roughly 2 and a half days, if that helps with anything. If anyone could please help, I would sure appreciate it!!! I do know that my body may be off somewhat, and it could take time to really get back to normal, but I'm thinking that since I got my period, we are off to a good start! THANK YOU again for any and all help, it's appreciated!
October 7th, 2011, 07:27 AM
mindyjean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You also need to give your body a chance to recover from being off birth control. Many women have trouble ovulating the few months off birth control, especially since you've been on it for so long. I agree with Stav that you should chart a few cycles (and maybe NOT TTC, use a condom, ect), and see when your body normally ovulates. Day 14 is the "average" but many women ovulate days before or days after Day 14. You can also use ovulation sticks to help give you an idea. Hope that helps!

Cycle #1: Antagonist protocol. 150 mL of bravelle and menopur for 8 days. Added ganirelix 2 days before ER and triggered with lupron and pregnyl.

13 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 5 fertilized with ICSI, 2 made it to day 6, both abnormals. No transfer.

We will cycle again-stims start September 6, 2014!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search