IUI and gender?

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Veteran
Im going to be doing a few cycles of IUIs and im thinking the timing which is the next day after a positive opk obviously would be boy. How would i do this if trying for a girl? I dont think diet would make a difference because they are putting sperm right into the uterus so girl diet or ph probably would do nothing for me. Any advice?
August 19th, 2011, 11:07 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My IUI baby is a girl..my spontaneous conception baby is a boy. Both were conceived at ovulation (charted #2) ... my RE said generally more girls result from IUI because the girl sperm is stronger and more survive the sperm washing process.

Good luck!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
August 20th, 2011, 06:04 AM
Veteran
well well i did not know this. Thank you. I know i have read about spinning the sperm different ways but i feel silly even asking my re about this
August 20th, 2011, 07:51 AM
All my friends that I know IRL that have had IUI have girls. One of my friends has had 4 girls and 3 IUIs (one set of fraternal twins) and for 2 of the IUIs she pretty hardcore swayed boy.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
August 27th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Super Mommy
IUI does not sway because your by passing the cervix and placing all the sperm directly into the uterus. thus it gives both X and Y sperm a better chance.
August 29th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Very rue Lisa....she swayed via her husband...she also focused herself on swaying boy but knew it was more important to boy favor her dh sperm

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search