some questions (swaying girl)

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2011, 08:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've done lots of searching online and there are many terms used all over the internet that I just don't understand and they are not explained. Also some methods are still unclear to me.

What is TMI?
What is TBM?
What is Replens and how is it used?
What is Rephresh and how is it used?
How do you douche?!
How do you get CM for the PH test? - that's a big ? for me because I read you try to touch your cervix - how do I know what I'm feeling is the cervix?! How deep do you go to find the cervix? Am I just stupid or ignorant ...? I feel really dumb right now :-/
September 21st, 2011, 11:10 AM
Veteran
Send a message via Skype™ to frankielee09
lol honey I get lost on these things too!! I did a lot of research when I started just this month. TMI I'm not sure but I know TMI is too much info for anything you are talking about so it could be for that too since it requires giving personal information lol. TBM I think is Turkey Baster Method which is like getting a syringe and sucking your husbands/bf's semen out of a cup which is sometimes used to add lemon to have a girl sway. Replens and Rephresh you can buy at Walmart or Walgreens but its sort of expensive. I went to buy it then saw the price almost 20 bucks and decided I'd wait a while before going that route. They are vaginals creams or moisturizers that lower your PH level when ttc(trying to conceive) a girl. Douching is easy. I assume I'm doing it right, you got me thinking LOL. You can make your own douche with lemon and water or vinegar and water or just buy one at walmart and directions are right on the box. They are cheap! I got an equate brand box of 4 for 2 bucks! CM is disgusting but you have to put your finger in there and go as far as you can til you reach a wall in the back.. thats when I get the cm and pull it out. I'm totally new as I said this is my first month ttc but I just rub it on the ph strip. I'm having trouble with this myself as mine isnt changing and I dont know if its the actual ph or what. I know the strips work fine and change with my urine so i dont know. Hope this helps!
September 21st, 2011, 12:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi frankielee,

thanks for your answer! It definitely helps. Getting the CM does sound disgusting the way you describe it. I never liked the feeling of going in there with my finger and I'm scared I might scratch something haha. Will have to try!

my little love bug Savina Celestiale arrived 10/16/12 measuring 6lb 5oz, 20 inches
September 21st, 2011, 03:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay, so I just tried it - wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be ... but! the color on the strip didn't change did I not get the cm from the right area? I mean, I didn't really "pull" something, I just withdrew my finger once I thought I had reached the right spot - and I smeared on the strip whatever was on my finger when I took it out. It was pretty milky/creamy too, not very watery at all. I guess...

my little love bug Savina Celestiale arrived 10/16/12 measuring 6lb 5oz, 20 inches
September 22nd, 2011, 03:12 AM
Hulaswim's Avatar Super Mommy
it really helps to read others are questioning and trying and struggling all the same. I am so glad I found JM!
September 22nd, 2011, 07:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just read in my lesson on FF how to receive CM from your cervix:

1.Insert two fingers in your vagina until you can feel your cervix.

2.One finger should be on each side of the cervix.

3.Press gently against your cervix.

4.Collect the fluid by moving your fingers to the opening of the cervix.

5.Remove your fingers and pull them apart slowly.

yikes! I don't think I can properly identify the cervix

And does anyone have an idea why the PH strip didn't react to my CM yesterday?

September 22nd, 2011, 05:24 PM
Veteran
I dont know I think I told you that mine doesnt change either but they do with my urine so maybe I've been thinking that the ph is the actual color of the strip which in my case is orange colored which would be like 5 or 6 i believe.. so im not sure.. and i'm not sure i am finding my cervix either lol.. i've been doing what you said u were doing.. hopefully someone else will tell us if its right or not
September 22nd, 2011, 06:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, each strip has two colors - they both have to match one color-couple together!

... I asked my mom about finding the cervix today she said put the finger in the V as far as you can until you feel a resistance and thus can't go any further - that should be the cervix. She said something about a nick too (might be wrong choice of words-trying to remember what she said), that would be the spot where it opens, but should be closed at the time. I'll try it again tomorrow

... today I got sore nipples (only to the touch though) ... hm. don't usually get that. coming off the BCP might give me some surprising changes lol - been on them for 10 years.

Last edited by Lav; September 22nd, 2011 at 06:16 PM.
September 23rd, 2011, 06:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I guess I won't be trying to get my CM today after all... looks like AF is visiting! Early, considering... was expecting it around Oct 8 lol but just coming off BCP is changing my body around I guess! It's my first AF since coming off BCP, so actually I'm kind of pleased - at least I am getting my AF, which means my body is in order

September 25th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Veteran
Well thats good u got ur af since after that u will ovulate lol. I hope u good luck and hope u have figured everything out
September 26th, 2011, 05:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi frankielee,

turns out it was only spotting! ...Well, that can be a good sign too hahaha

October 1st, 2011, 04:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
If you just had af that may be why you found it hard to find cervix, it goes lower and opens like puckered lips just before ovulation and around af. Also before af you dont get alot of cm.

[/url]
October 1st, 2011, 06:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
nope, my last AF was Sept 3rd.

I thought cervix goes higher when it opens, especially on O day or just before - at least that's what I read on FF.

Yea my CM is odd ever since I got off BCP - haven't had discharge of CM in my pants for quite a while. (I kind of like that for hygiene reasons lol) but there was some there when I was looking for the cervix, so at least I know it's there, I guess it's just not enough to come out.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search