Praying for girl, 16 week scan says...

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Regular
BOY!!! The Ultrasound Tech was not 100% sure, she said she thought it was a boy and kept going back to that area to double check. My hubby and I both saw 3 lines so we are not convinced... Any opinions?

October 24th, 2011, 03:07 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hmm I think the *boy part* is to far out. Judging by where his tooshie would be. IDK really..To me it does look very boyish..Will you be getting a gender scan? At 16 weeks it can go either way, BUT if she sees boy parts, im sorry to say it more than likely is a boy. Easier to mistaken girl than a boy. My opinion. Hope Im wrong. Heres hoping and praying its a girl for ya Good luck and congrats.
October 24th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Regular
Yes we r getting one next Thursday. She was not very sure ad this is from the back so I was not 100% convinced! Thanks for ur thoughts!!!
October 25th, 2011, 12:31 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Yeah, I agree that that sonogram is sorta a weird angle and the "boy part" looks like it could be another foot, the cord, or it *could* be a boy part. Unless the tech got a better shot than that, I would wait for your next sono. We had a sono at 16 weeks with our second son and it was rather obvious he was a boy. We got the "money shot" and there was no doubt. I am glad you are getting another sono to check out what that shot really is. Good luck! Keep us posted as to whether that was a correct guess or way off the mark.
October 25th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Regular
Thank you ...
October 26th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Hi Congrats on your pregancy
I really cant tell from your scan pic I agree could be a foot or cord .. will you get to be re scanned?
Hope its pink for you but if its not boys are adorable
x
October 26th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Regular
Thanks SisterSister... We will go for our official Anatomy Scan Nov 3. The tech seemed clueless or just making a guess. She was brand new and so now I am keeping my fingers crossed for a sweet little girl to show me her 3 lines next week The thing between the legs just looks diff to me than my other boys scans (which I know does not mean anything) but i can always hold out for hope... Hoping someone will see this post and chime in that their girl ultrasound looked just like that at 16 weeks, hehe.. Heres to WISHING
October 26th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanne22 View Post
Thanks SisterSister... We will go for our official Anatomy Scan Nov 3. The tech seemed clueless or just making a guess. She was brand new and so now I am keeping my fingers crossed for a sweet little girl to show me her 3 lines next week The thing between the legs just looks diff to me than my other boys scans (which I know does not mean anything) but i can always hold out for hope... Hoping someone will see this post and chime in that their girl ultrasound looked just like that at 16 weeks, hehe.. Heres to WISHING
Aww will keep my fingers crossed for you
xx
October 26th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Amari's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck! I can't read those things!

October 26th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Regular
Thanks, I am not good either except i have goodled every single ultrasound pic that is posted on the internet hoping to find something similar to mine. LOL
November 2nd, 2011, 06:55 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Skype™ to frankielee09
I hope you find out its a girl! I know from experience of having 3 boys and wanting a girl at #1 that its very heartbreaking when they tell you its opposite of what you are hoping for!Update us tomorrow! I'll check back then.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!

November 2nd, 2011, 07:38 PM
Regular
Thank u, I will.
November 2nd, 2011, 08:04 PM
Hulaswim's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi. Just sending you positive energy so you know you are not alone tomorrow when you go for the gender scan. I am trying for a girl too and I am praying and doing almost everything under my control. I hope your dream comes true.
Elise

Waiting for my daughter

November 7th, 2011, 09:51 AM
How did the u/s turn out??
November 7th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Skype™ to frankielee09
Yes I want to know too!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!

November 7th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Amari's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Any news? Hoping for you!

January 17th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Zoey1981's Avatar ~Praying4Girl&LoveMyBoys~
I realize this post is way old but was curious what the scan said?
February 7th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Annalise's Avatar C's Mommy
I'm curious too. Boy or girl?

February 8th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Raven_Haired_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wouldn't go by that picture. It's very hard to tell anything. I was wanting a girl this time around and found out back when I was 16 weeks it was another boy. We paid at a local place and she got several undeniable shots for me.

I was a little upset for a day but then became fine with another boy

Good luck on your girl!

Thanks PrincessMom08 for my wonderful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search