Swaying is really hard

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Hulaswim's Avatar Super Mommy
Well I wonder if there is somebody out there having difficulties with the whole girl swaying thing. I wonder how other women have done this diet. Do you only eat whatever is there? What is more important? I know that is not a 100% garantied but have others gotten their girl after swaying? Please answer to this post. I am loosing faith.
Elise

Waiting for my daughter

October 25th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Amari's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am having a lot of time with it too. I just added a lot of the fruits and veggies that are on the ok list b/c I was feeling kinda icky from all the cheese and such. But now I am wondering if I am eating too much broccoli, green beans, and berries? I am eating a ton of yogurt too. I am having a hard time though! I'm not giving up my sweets and chocolate though!

Do you know anything about the raspberry leaf tea? Good luck! We haven't even decided if we are defintitely going to do this!

October 25th, 2011, 09:57 PM
I know is good for ttc in general since tones the uterine walls. I have been drinking some the last couple of days because I am feeling sick (but I think the only tea "aproved" for ttcg is peppermint).
Everyday I am cheating the diet. But I eat lots of yogurt and cheese and cranberries too. I drink crystal light and have prunes for dessert. I guess that is why I am sick.
I am putting more faith in the timing and rephresh lub.
Do you chart? Do you know when you o?
Elise

Waiting for my daughter

October 26th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Hi im new to posting in this forum and I also have just started the girl diet and finding it so hard already I can see why I had boys as my diet has always been so high in salt I drink cups of tea and coffee and love salty chips and bananas etc
I find cutting salt out not too bad but not being able to eat chocolate, toast with marmite and have my cups of tea is really hard but worth it if it helps sway
x
October 26th, 2011, 12:45 PM
If you like tea try the peppermint and raspberry leaf tea. I am not giving up chocolate myself, can't do it!

October 26th, 2011, 04:04 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The girl diet is way to hard for me. I have been on it 2 months now, so thinking it might be my month soon. I hope. IDK..French gender diet gives more food options tho, i found that online to say.
October 26th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Ok.I will check the French girl diet. I just want results! Quick!

Waiting for my daughter

October 27th, 2011, 02:40 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
you and me both, im a perfectionist, an ocd person, bossy etc lol so to not have things go my way kinda makes me antsy lol
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 son with Autism and 1 daughter with Down Syndrome child she was also born with Pulmonary Hypertension, Oxygen dependence, complete AVSD, Hirschsprungs, GJ tube dependant and many more health issues
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
October 27th, 2011, 11:57 PM
Ok timing is good. Now what is better? Do it every other day until 3 days prior to ovulation or just a couple of times until 3 days before o?

Annik have you tested your ph? Do you have a plan?

Waiting for my daughter

October 29th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Hi Stav
Well I am temping and I have opks (which I should remember to start consistenly using today!)
Well I think I will stop the deed-wagon when I get a hint of the positive opk. Last cycle I noticed it Friday 7:00 pm and I am pretty sure I ovulated on Sunday at about 2 pm. (I had lots of ovary pain). So that is pretty close.
What do you think? Do i have a good plan?

Waiting for my daughter

October 29th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Hi Stav...well I could have a boy anyways. But what I didn't explain was that is common for us to dtd at night, so actually the last deed would have been Thursday night, then it would be almost 3 days ( minus some hours). But I understand your point, the idea is to stop at least 3 days before. It's hard to time it right when you want to get pregnant already.
Please let me know of any ideas.
E.

Waiting for my daughter

October 30th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Thanks Stav! You are very nice. I will pmsg you tonight ( as I got to run off right now).

Waiting for my daughter

October 31st, 2011, 07:11 PM
Stav-Are you saying to stop 3 days before the day you ovulate? I am having a hard time now because not even sure if i am ovulating anymore. I stopped getting my period and had a bunch of blood work done. All ok. Doctor said if I wanted to do a month of provera then clomid, but dh wanted me to gain weight first to see if that worked.

Anyways, how do you know exactly when to dtd to get a girl? thanks!

November 1st, 2011, 01:43 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
if I stopped 3 days before O - I'd never got PG - For me timing won't work, we have been ttc for almost 3 years, and I only did the timing thing for a few cycles.

I have been having a hard time with my diet lately - in the last week we have had mcdonalds twice, ground beef at home twice, and tonight is going to be cheesesteaks - blah - but of course when I am going to is kind of up in the air this cycle.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 (9wks) & 3/1/14 (9wks)
Chemical Pregnancy 5/31/15
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

November 1st, 2011, 11:41 PM
No,no. Eat fish is better. (I am sick of the chicken).

I understand your concern about the timing. The thing is most of the time you don't know when you ovulate. Then you end up not pregnant because ovulation came later and all the sperm wad dead. Uff!

Mommy to little men when do you ovulate? Does anyone here chart? Does opk? Or how? How are you guys pinpointing ovulation?
Today I got crazy temperatures. It was raining so hard I couldn't hear the bbt sound. So I ended up staying like a half an hour in bed because I couldn't hear and then couldn't believe all the temperatures too low all of a sudden And then to many different ones (I ended up getting the regular thermometer to double check).
Today also I got egg white cm but my opk is a little bit darker but not positive yet. I wonder if I will ovulate Friday. Who knows!
Well good night everyone I hope we get pregnant with girl (praying)

Waiting for my daughter

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search