Ovulation timing or time to freak out?

Forum: Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 2nd, 2011, 08:52 PM
Hulaswim's Avatar Super Mommy
Ok so I have been busy at work and household but I still keep swaying by...

- charting bbt every morning at 5:30
-while eating less and more dairy (totally letting go of the strict girl diet; I would eat salad and salmon, salad and tuna, yogurt,peppermint tea, etc)
-charting cm
-checking cm's ph
-dtd every other day since day 6
-using opk so I can hopefully foresight ovulation

And today is my cd12!
I am beginning to go crazy My challenge is ovulation time. Last cycle I ovulated on day 18, now I don't know that the pattern will continue the same. Also last Sunday dh realized we were going to dtd for ttc and he had a reaction . Although after I presented my arguments we got to business, I have been getting the feeling he won't be available for whenever I have him scheduled. So swaying may get harder since we need to do it consistenly until whenever those 3 days cut-off are.
So how are you ladies doing. Can we have a support kind of topic for ttc specific gender? Can you share your experiences so we don't feel so CrAzY!!
I hope we all get pregnant with a girl during this month

Waiting for my daughter

November 3rd, 2011, 07:42 PM
Amari's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel your pain! I love to eat so I am having a really hard time. I'm only sort of doing the girl diet b/c I get hypoglycemic very quickly and have to eat often and also don't do well without fruits and veggies. Not to mention my sweets!

My dh doesn't really want another baby so I can't schedule a thing and I'm not even ovulating! I'm getting a period about every 3 months. Soooo, it's going to be a long haul for me!

November 4th, 2011, 02:19 AM
host of wttc
ttc can be very trying hun but even more so whrn ttc for a certain gender.

i'm gonna be doing the low everything diet which means you can eat alot more but you need to be eating low fat low nutrients food.

try to relax hun if you bd on ov by accident its ok some people don't believe in timing so do no cut off just diet and get girls.

one thing i learnt very early in ttc my son don't tell dh when you are ov if you can avoid it don't even talk about ttc. i suppose it depends if you have him doing things to.

you mean like a daliy moans thread or do you want a daliy chat thread?

amari: has your dh agree to try to ttc but hes not that bothered about having another

thank you to babydoll213 for my sig
November 4th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Coco-he basically says he wouldn't mind another but doesn't want to do the work!

What do you eat on this diet?? Thanks!

November 4th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Well I just feel so much better when I can share my challenges and moments of accomplishment while ttc...I am trying for a girl but of course if it doesn't work out is ok. I am just trying my best in all possible ways. But I think when we share and "talk" about things is more motivating than just reading what to do here and there. Also you can always learn and get ideas from others .
Going back to the story with dh...he had given me a smoothie w/ coffee and I just told him "what are you doing! you never drink coffee! You can't drink coffee! or do you want to have another boy? ". It was just an spontaneous comment and as soon as I finished it I realized my mistake. That day I cried and we had a small exchange of arguments then silence. But later he said ok.
He has been trying to play the sleepy card on me a couple of times. But I have managed to keep him on schedule .

About the diet I am almost just on a diet. Salad and protein and my supplements and I still eat my peanut butter with honey toast for bkf.

Amari: so what does the dr. say about your periods?
Amari and Michelle : I think we have similar husbands

I think I am ovulating Sunday since my opk is darker but not positive yet so maybe tomorrow will be positive. If thatvis so then no more dtd tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Waiting for my daughter

November 5th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Hula-yes, dh won't do any of the crazy stuff at all, I don't blame him though! That's funny about the coffee!

My doctor said to gain weight and do the ovulation tests to see if I am ovulating at all. If I am not then I will do Provera and Clomid. It worries me though because I think to sway girl you are supposed to lose weight not gain. That sucks! Plus, no one really wants to gain weight anyways. I'm sitting here eating my white bread and cheese!

November 5th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Mmm...So how much weight do you need to put on? I don't know what provera is but for the clomid I think is more common the get a girl (you probably need to help the odds with timing or ph a guess just in case).
So are you gaining weight? Chiken and rice will add some weight

Waiting for my daughter

November 5th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Hula-I was about 99lbs and I am 5'4". I am up to 102 or 103 and I am just going to maintain that. I am trying to do a girlish diet, but as we've discussed, it is hard! Also, the timing thing is hard too! It's going to be a flip of the dice I think! Provera is just to get your period and you take it before you start the Clomid. It's all new to me! I didn't have this before with my sons.

How is it going today for you?

I didn't do well with the girl diet today! Had two gin and tonics with limes in them, loads of dessert. Other than that I did have a lot of bread and cheese, yogurt, milk, crystal light. So I guess it wasn't too bad? Haven't had dinner yet though...

November 5th, 2011, 05:30 PM
host of wttc
my dh is same hun thats men ay.

i'm not on the diet yet as my ttc date got put back men again. i was on it for awhile though hun. when i was i was eating things like scrambled egg on toast, beans on toast, egg sandwiches, quorn burgers, pasta, noodles, yogurt. i didn't eat cheese or drink milk before my dd so i went back to that. loads peppermint tea.
i wasn't following girl diet to the letter keeping cals and nutrience low.

November 5th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Well my story today is kind of funny again...I really hope I get pregnant with my girl this cycle as I am not dtd again for ttc. With that said, yesterday I felt like a bit crampy and I noticed my opk getting darker so I thought today I would get a positive and if not I was going to dtd again once more. So after bbt temping I POAS and the line wasn't darker than the control line so I thought oh well I better get my scheduled deed for today early...dh started on and then he flaked out. I didn't get mad or anything I was mostly joking him...oh maybe you don't have any left? Jaja
Then I tested again and it was a positive Opk! So it was actually good he didn't. If I am to ovulate tomorrow then my last session was Thursday night so the timing should be good.
Now I hope I do get pregnant. Also my ph had been good and I think is the peppermint tea I have been drinking every morning.
Amari: I think is ok not to be strict with the diet. It gets crazy after a month. About the meds mmm. So when do you get to start the process? You seem so calm. Well you know once you get Af you can start using opk to time it. This cycle we dtd every other day until almost 3 days before. Hopefully it worked.
Michelle: I agree, we don't need to follow the diet to the letter. I think the peppermint tea is the best!

Waiting for my daughter

November 6th, 2011, 03:36 AM
host of wttc
good luck hun i hope the girly sprem catch the egg. i loveee peppermint tea more than normal tea and the coffee i used to love.

November 6th, 2011, 05:06 AM
That's great, Hulu! I hope you get your BFP with a girl!

My question with the timing though is how do you know when it is 3 days before and to stop dtd? Even if I start the clomid, how will I know it will be 3 days before? It's so confusing!

I like the peppermint tea too! And the raspberry leaf tea too!

November 6th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Well the timing thing...
Since September I have been charting my cycles with the bbt thermometer. So Althou my cycles have been irregular since my lost (16, 31 days) I have learned how to identify signs and how to use tools available for us ttc. Forget about those silly ovulation calendars, those are more like a general guideline for people that want to get or avoid pregnancy. WE TTC Girl or boy, need more accuracy.
What i did to get a clear picture was I signed up for ffriend online so you can input your data and there is a ready graph that forms with your info (if you check on my floaty girl by my signature wi the cd16 that will take you to my chart. In case you don't know about it), there I log everyday my bbt and synthomps (also cm).
Last month also I got those opks online (40 opks+10 hpt for $10) and I used them to pinpoint my ovulation. So last month I learned what a positive looks like and stuff. Same thing for the cm; you need to start your observations to draw conclusions and get practice.

Amari: why don't you try accupuncture. They can most likely help you to get your period and regulate your reproductive system. I think that helped my last cycle to get much closer to "normal" in a short period of time. But you need to start af soon to really begin trying.
Sorry if extended myself to much. I am just trying to help.

Waiting for my daughter

November 7th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Hula-I don't mind at all! I want all the help I can get! I think seeing that i have no cm I am just going to have to leave it up to the supplements and the diet thought I really am having a hard time cutting out the sweets. I just can't do that part at all! I am wondering if I end up doing the clomid if I should do the 0 +12 method, though I don't know how the hell you determine if it's been 12 hours! It's all way too confusing!

November 7th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Skype™ to frankielee09
Hahah.. Amari you sound like me! I want to do he o+12 method too but I can't figure it out either.. I still haven't ovulated and I think I may end up having to start charting also. I am so scared I'll end up with another boy... I feel so bad saying that especially since I'd rather have a healthy baby boy then an unhealthy baby girl but I have wanted a girl since I was old enough to reproduce and this is for sure my last! Since my opks are - I am scared to bd at all.. then I think if I don't I'll never get pregnant.. but what if I do it at the wrong time? geez I can't even enjoy sex anymore!! PS--just thought I would also tell you I saw your name on here somewhere a few days ago and I love it! I actually think I want to use it as a middle name if I ever do get my girl but Amaris instead. My bf is puerto rican and I always wanted a name different than just a reg. american name and I love yours! I was thinking Adriana Amaris..

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!

November 7th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Lol for the names that start with A. My son name starts with A and I already have a first name for my daughter to be (sooner or later) which coincidently starts with A so I had decided all my future babies will start with A. Silly ah? I just like that and I will find the meaning to at all, for now it's just the way I feel.

So about the cm. I think the only reason why I had some is the soy isoflavonoids that I took at the beg. Of my cycle. But I do think is important to have cm not only for future reproductive conclusions about ovulation, but also because the cm helps the sperm. I know that for a girl they say no cm is better, but when i got pregnant with my lossed daughter I had lots of cm due to a supplement for fitness that had primrose oil. So I don't know. If I am pregnant now we will find out.

Waiting for my daughter

November 8th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Veteran
I was going to do that with my ex husband. I had planned if I ever had a daughter her name being Kiana. After we split and I got pregnant I was blank on names so I named Joseph after his father Jose. I just want a name that sort of sounds like the child has a puerto rican heritage in some way cuz you cant tell by my son Joseph. LOL. So anyways about cm.. I had a lil bit of stretchy cm once this morning but no more and still - opks. I did that last cycle too.. I don't know whats going on with that.

November 9th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Thanks about the name, Frankielee! I have a son with an A name too!

Sounds like you are going to O soon! This is my last too so it is scary. I don't ovulate at all anymore so I have no way to tell any signs. I guess I will start meds soon, if I can get my dh on board. I think he is almost there?

Hula-when do you plan on testing?

November 9th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Veteran
Amari, are your periods normal and you just aren't ovulating or are your periods messed up too? I always thought if you were having a period you would ovulate but I guess now seeing I still haven't gotten a + opk that can't be true. Guess I'll be starting meds with ya if my progesterone test comes back that I didn't O.

November 9th, 2011, 06:21 PM
No, my periods are messed up too. I stopped getting them, and then I will get a very light one just randomly every 4 months or so. The doctor had me gain some weight to see if it helped me ovulate and get my period but nothing so far so I will probably start the meds soon.

It seems like you might ovulate soon with your cm starting? When was your last period? Are they regular? When did you last ovulate?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search